It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy Ditch Glenn Beck (Plus Five More Companies)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
Are you saying it's un-american to speak out against our corrupt government?

Most certainly NOT. I NEVER used that word. I'm saying that it is their right to protest much the same as the organizers of the boycott should be afforded the rights to
protest to the companies.

The companies, 33 at last count, made their decisions to drop Beck. Thus far it was an effective campaign. It garnered RESULTS. Regardless if FOX suffers financial repercussions or not, it called attention this bigoted windbag and made a statement that
inflammatory hate speech will not be tolerated.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by Locoman8
Are you saying it's un-american to speak out against our corrupt government?

Regardless if FOX suffers financial repercussions or not, it called attention this bigoted windbag and made a statement that

That's a really smooth move man! I mean, that's worse than hate speech calling someone a bigoted windbag. Watch that video of Beck and Sharpton and see just what you said. It's the equivolant of racism toward a specific group of people. You are talking about being civil and fair yet you spout out hate speech like "biggot" and "windbag" thus making you the equivalent of a racist. Beck didn't say anything for him to be considered a racist. He called a black man a racist. That's not the same thing! And because that black man happens to be our president, Beck is being criticized for his comments.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

It is ironic how the Extreme Right can throw Tea Parties and disrupt Town Hall meetings and it is considered worthy protest, but the boycott against racist remarks are deemed unwarranted. Double-standard?

KK, did you think before writing this?

Throwing Tea Parties is...what, exactly? Unpatriotic? Illegal? What?

And to think that it was only the 'Extreme Right' at these town hall meetings is disingenuous. They were populated by all segments of the political spectrum, including Democrats and Independents. And dissent came from all of them.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

It is ironic how the Extreme Right can throw Tea Parties and disrupt Town Hall meetings and it is considered worthy protest, but the boycott against racist remarks are deemed unwarranted. Double-standard?

KK, did you think before writing this?

Throwing Tea Parties is...what, exactly? Unpatriotic? Illegal? What?

If you kindly re read my quote I said "worthy protest." I am careful with my units of language as so many try to put words in my mouth.

I was equating that protest, whether in the form of Tea Parties OR organizing a boycott are equal in weight. Just depends on what side of the debate you are on.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

It's not an attempt to silence anyone. It's an attempt to distance their companies reputations as far from Glenn Beck as possible after he called Mr. Obama a racist. If I were an advertiser I would do the same in the best interests of my company.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

If you kindly re read my quote I said "worthy protest." I am careful with my units of language as so many try to put words in my mouth.

I was equating that protest, whether in the form of Tea Parties OR organizing a boycott are equal in weight. Just depends on what side of the debate you are on.

Makes no difference if you said 'worthy protest'. The term itself is ambiguous. Protest does not require a 'worthiness' yardstick. It is a pure concept on it's own.

The goal is the important thing. The goal of the boycott is to silence Beck. The actual name of the group behind this - Color of Change - is offensive and smacks of racism.

And their goals are obvious and repulsive:

Color of Change Executive Director James Rucker spoke with Newsmax, and made clear his organization's goal is for Beck's voice to be silenced.

www.newsmax.com...

That is un-American and reeks of censorship.

That is what you are defending.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The companies, 33 at last count, made their decisions to drop Beck. Thus far it was an effective campaign. It garnered RESULTS. Regardless if FOX suffers financial repercussions or not, it called attention this bigoted windbag and made a statement that

Looks like it might not be having the result you seem to desire....

While an attempted boycott of Glenn Beck’s television show has scared away some timid advertisers, ratings for the conservative commentator’s FOX News show have gone through the roof, leading some experts to believe new and more loyal advertisers will return to the program at a higher rate.

While Beck is not in prime time, his ratings since the boycott controversy have exploded to prime-time levels, even beating out fellow FOX News host Sean Hannity.

Beck’s show ”had its highest rated week ever among Households (1,907,000) and Total Viewers (2,409,000), and second best week in the A25-54 demo (682,000),” according to Media Bistro.

www.therightperspective.org...

If these numbers are true, then it stands to reason that FOX will be able to demand a higher amount of money for advertising on his show.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Yes. Censorship is what Beck's woes are all about. This is why I can't stand TODAY's civil rights groups. They can't find anything to fight about other than a few nitpicking things like the cross and stars of the rebel flag being removed from the state flags of southern states (none of which represented racism, just a longing to separate from the Union), and groups like the ACLU causing the Ten Commandments to be removed from courthouses or other public places which infringes on our freedom of religion. Outside of the first four commandments, the final six portray the true law of the land toward your neighbor. Censorship is what this is all about. For the USA to be the leader of the "free world" we are one of the most censored western countries around. We are sensative to a small number of people who are offended by what the majority wants and our government folds in to their desires. Screw that. I say stand for what you believe in and don't let special interest groups persuade the government to take away your rights... on second thought, don't let the government take away your rights.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Just an awesome thread!

Something lit a fire under KK. One more K and you'll strike out big time... But I digress...

Hey! I don't know if most people have seen the [color=#00BFFF] Defend Glenn website.

As was quoted earlier; someone said 33 advertisers have dropped Beck, yet, the Defend Glenn site is claiming 'foul'.

AP Reporter Quotes Color of Change Distortions as Facts
Bauder Says "33 advertisers" Pulled Ads off Beck, based on claims already proven false

[color=gold]...

if he had contacted ALL of them, as have we, he would have discovered that all but 11 have DENIED the claims

[color=#00BFFF]This page shows the listing of advertisers AND where they stand.

They better hear this; Before I went to Walmart last night I checked their standing. THEN, I spent real cash money there.

Else, I wouldn't have gone to Walmart. Our little local food store does just fine. And I have heard patrons at little local store bad mouth Walmart severely (imagine that).

When you talk about 2 million viewers getting pissed and taking 2M x $200 a week, elsewhere... Even a fraction stings a big store like Walmart.

They either clarify where they stand, or I buy elsewhere or the alternative product.

Beck fans should bookmark the DefendGlenn.com site. ColorOfChange.com fans should promptly hack the site. As par for the course.

Edit to add: If I used Plavix I'd have a hard time finding an alternative. So, they really have customers 'boxed' in on their product.

[edit on 8·25·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Fox news is garbage! Like I said before if they aren't in a binding contract whats stopping them from leaving, at the moment fox news isn't the most popular anyway. Soooooooo if I were a major advertiser I'd leave too.

Let spam take over!!!! SPAM the magical meat can run the Fox airwaves and thier can be a SPAM revolution.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Where do you get your info from? Fox News has the highest rated shows on cable tv. O'Relly, Beck, Hannity all get higher ratings in their time slots than any other shows on cable tv for their time slots. Beck's ratings for 5pm are higher than all of CNN's, MSNBC's, and other 24 hour news channels ratings. My DirecTV remote has a nifty feature which is known as the "active" button which when pressed takes you to channel 9999 which shows the weather in your area, and the most watched shows on tv at that time. 5pm yesterday was Glenn Beck and 6pm yesterday was Bret Behr. Both on Fox News Network. Fox alone gets the highest ratings of the year with American Idol being the most watched show in history. Once again, your facts are flawed by your preference to not watch Fox or Fox News. I had beef with them they way they treated Ron Paul during the primaries, but beyond that there's nothing wrong with them. It's a lone conservative voice in a nearly completely liberal media environment.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Can I see your source?????

Here's one of mine: seekingalpha.com...

Fox is a top network for their Fox Soccer channel, because of its worldwide viewing. Where on the channel guide do you even see them in the top 10 for fox news???

[edit on 25-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
Something lit a fire under KK. One more K and you'll strike out big time... But I digress...

I have found that generally when an adversarial poster can pose no worthy argument, they will resort to childish personal attacks on Screen Names or Avatars. Thanks for confirming that.

You apparently see through the mired blur of bigotry as my abbreviated screen name has NOTHING to do with the group you reference.

I suppose we will simply cancel each other out as I will be MORE inclined to patronize the commendable Advertisers who refuse to compromise standards of decency for sales.

Whether it is 3 or 33, I'll loyally be a faithful customer.

Attention K Mart Shoppers.......................

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

tvbythenumbers.com...

Fox News outdoes all of the other cable news channels. Glenn Beck was only beat by his collueges on Fox News, O'Relly and Hannity. Fox networks beat out others at certain time spots with "Hell's Kitchen" and in the winter, "American Idol". The Simpsons, King of the Hill, House, Bones, etc. The main issue is with Fox News Network's ratings and the link I provided is my source. It shows the ratings among all cable news channels for the past week.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
And Glenn Beck gets a little revenge at his return. Highest ratings ever and payback to Color of Change by exposing it's founder, Van Jones.

Advertisers dropping him and Color of Change's efforts are backfiring.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

I have found that generally when an adversarial poster can pose no worthy argument, they will resort to childish personal attacks on Screen Names or Avatars. Thanks for confirming that.

You apparently see through the mired blur of bigotry as my abbreviated screen name has NOTHING to do with the group you reference.

I suppose we will simply cancel each other out as I will be MORE inclined to patronize the commendable Advertisers who refuse to compromise standards of decency for sales.

Whether it is 3 or 33, I'll loyally be a faithful customer.

Attention K Mart Shoppers.......................

Loosen up. I was making fun of a nickname that you chose! It's absolutely nothing personal...

In the (mean?) spirit of humor that comes from Stewart or other late night MSM 'comic/journalists'; certainly nothing worse than what they pass off as humor. Sometimes my humor is in good company?

Most everyone likes your posts. YES, they like your posts.

Most everyone, I can be sure, appreciates your raw data sources and the presentation.

I can see your double-edged intelligent humor. Even if it's not apparent to most others.

Thanks!

Go Glenn. Stop crying.

Suggestion: Don't forget to stay active! The enemy (that would include the Rockefellers, Rothschilds and other über-1337z) most sincerely desires all of us to go to sleep and go back to the way it used to be...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Read up CNN has a higher viewer rating.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

According to whom? In the latest week, FNC was 4th in Primetime viewership and 5th in overall viewership among ALL cable networks. They were clearly #1 among cable news networks in both categories.

CNN? They were 27th in Primetime and 26th Overall. FNC's Primetime viewership was more than three times that of CNN and more than double overall.

Link

[edit on 25-8-2009 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by NoJoker13

According to whom? In the latest week, FNC was 4th in Primetime viewership and 5th in overall viewership among ALL cable networks. They were clearly #1 among cable news networks in both categories.

CNN? They were 27th in Primetime and 26th Overall. FNC's Primetime viewership was more than three times that of CNN and more than double overall.

Link

[edit on 25-8-2009 by vor78]

I have no idea why that guy keeps bring up absolutely invalid information on ratings. One of his posts contained data dated from 01/2009?

All that one needs to do is look at [color=00BFFF]MediaBistro ... Here's a screen shot. It's Neilsen Ratings.

FOXNews Devestates the competition. Wonder why! Here's wishing the MSM a painful, agonizing and tortuous (waterboarding) trip straight to hell! And Good Riddance to them all for perpetuating lies and misleading good and trusting people.

FOXNews isn't perfect. They are striving to strike the balance and they still F'up bad. Who's casting stones these days? OH MSM. Show us even more!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I don't know what your are thinking. Advertisers pay the most money to the outlets where they can reach the most people. It stands to reason that Fox News, which pulls down more people than it's rivals combined, demands top dollar for it's advertising time. Now you may get more rotation at one of the smaller news networks, but you are working from a smaller base.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join