It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy Ditch Glenn Beck (Plus Five More Companies)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by heliosprime

So basically, you're just mad at the world?

Nice try.........not mad at the world at all, just the insane side of it. God is pretty mad at the world, he's gonna start all over again very soon. You might want to be on the "correct" side of that issue.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
God is pretty mad at the world, he's gonna start all over again very soon. You might want to be on the "correct" side of that issue.

Sorry when I hear creepy talk like that about an alleged "Loving GOD"
inflicting "retribution" I think of those nut jobs who protest during fallen soldiers funerals.

They scares the bejesus out of me.

Doesn't correlate with my perception of a higher power or deity to inflict "punishment."

Glad to see you smiling.
Thanks for sparring me the fire and brimstone.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

God is pretty mad at the world, he's gonna start all over again very soon.

Oh my ...

So are we to take it that Glenn is the first horseman?

Cause that would explain a lot.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Oh my ...

Well...there is an equine association, but you don't have it quite right.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

More likely, the back half of the steed.

(edit to add @ JohnnyCanuck)

Jinx! You owe me a Coke. 2...3...4...5...6...7...

[edit on 8/20/09 by MrDesolate]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Well...there is an equine association, but you don't have it quite right.

Well I didn't want to say it on account of decorums and cundishiuns.

Plus I don't want him to start weeping again ...

It disturbs me.

I just ... just ... I just love my ATS. And I fear for it

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This thread didn't just turn religious did it? I'm a religion nut but I came here to talk politics and Glenn Beck. I know half of the people here are athiests or agnostic so I know better than to start an argument with you guys on theology. I'd never shut you guys up.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Locoman8]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Oh my ...

What if Glenn Beck was ONE of the two witnesses of Rev11.....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
This thread didn't just turn religious did it? I'm a religion nut but I came here to talk politics and Glenn Beck. I know half of the people here are athiests or agnostic so I know better than to start an argument with you guys on theology. I'd never shut you guys up.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Locoman8]

Mr. Beck is a deeply religious man..........it is where he gets his convictions to tell the pajama clan to take a hike...........

He will tell the truth, damn the advertisers or not...........

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I know all about Beck's religious affiliation. He's mormon. Whatever works for him. I like it when he has episodes speaking of WWIII and prophecy. It brings an interesting element to his show. I just think religion in this thread is going to be nothing more than a poo-flinging contest with some of these posters who don't believe in God. I do think Beck should report more on the FEMA concentration camps though. With the coming flu season and a probable massive outbreak of swine flu, it gives the government a perfect opportunity to utilize martial law and concentration camps for quarintine purposes. God help us all.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So basically, you're just mad at the world?

Nice try.........not mad at the world at all, just the insane side of it. God is pretty mad at the world, he's gonna start all over again very soon. You might want to be on the "correct" side of that issue.

Whoa... really? God is mad at the world?

Is that what this argument comes down to? Super Deity is TICKED OFF!

[edit on 20-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Just what I'm trying to avoid. The whole premise of God and His purpose for mankind is to allow mankind to attempt things on our own for 6000 years. After failing miserably to bring peace on earth, God will usher in His kingdom on earth and remove the cause of sin (Satan) thus creating peace on earth for 1000 years. I'm not here to argue about religion though. Since mankind refused God from the get-go, He's had this mentality of "If you think you can do better, I'd like to see you try." Try we have done, but failed we have also done. Glenn Beck simply helps expose some of the reasons for mankind's deception and weakness.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

A little review.........................

This thread didn't just turn religious did it? I'm a religion nut but I came here to talk politics and Glenn Beck...I know better than to start an argument with you guys on theology. I'd never shut you guys up.

I know all about Beck's religious affiliation. He's mormon...I like it when he has episodes speaking of WWIII and prophecy. It brings an interesting element to his show...I just think religion in this thread is going to be nothing more than a poo-flinging contest...God help us all.

Just what I'm trying to avoid. The whole premise of God and His purpose for mankind...God will usher in His kingdom on earth and remove the cause of sin (Satan) thus creating peace on earth for 1000 years. I'm not here to argue about religion though.

Ah, c’mon man. Would you like to discuss religion? It appears so.

There is an old expression about “if it quacks like a duck” but I don’t really want to discuss ducks in this thread. Really I don’t.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

But ducks are amazing creatures. They're like Navy SEALs by land air and sea. My comments on religion were not argumentative. That's all I'm talking about. I don't want religion in this thread to start an argument. When religion is thrown into a topic, I just can't resist the bite.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I used to believe that "The pen is Mightier than the Sword" but then I researched the Bible and realized how many swords were created as a result of it.

Quack.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
I'm not into debate much at all. I'm just offensive (and amusing). I address many ideas as compactly as I can... running the subjects together. Close friends and I can talk five subjects at a time never missing a beat.

BTW: I hate typing and I don't have dictation software.

I'm not sure what I find more hilarious, that you find yourself amusing or that you purport to have friends.

And since you don't like typing, perhaps an internet "discussion" forum is not the most appropriate venue to display your succinctness.

Nothing personal, mind you.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

I don't take your sweeping response personal at all.

Point: You claim that my post is hilarious (I don't believe that BUT I'll believe that I put a smirk on your face.) I can only be as offensive as T&C will allow and my proverbial tongue bleeds at what I can not type. Yet I'm hilarious.

Point: It's obvious that you are my friend. Enemies have scathing retorts and to be a true enemy means to despise. The definition of despising is utterly ignoring another, the way that I ignore HunkaHunka and any of his ridiculous posts. Never seen such a waste of bandwidth. But that's just my opinion. Your posts are thoughtful and although you hide behind facts most of the time, I've noticed recently that you are leaving the structured posts of your past, those that state facts only, and are putting some passion and opinion into your posts.
It's human. Raw facts aren't. Notice I'm using complete sentences with verbs nouns and even adjectives and conjunctions and stuff like that! All in structured; don't need to read between the lines; verbose English. AND I'm typing slowly so that you don't miss anything.

Point: Even after 27 years at the keyboard with a 300bps modem connecting to (and running) BBS's, I still can't type faster than 30wpm on a clear and sunny day. SO, I'm taking my time on this post to type slowly and succinctly because my opinion matters. I know that my opinion matters (and yours and many other posters) to me and the countless lurkers that only read. Too many people are afraid to voice their opinion OR think that their opinion doesn't matter to anyone. (Again, some people's opinions like Southern Guardian and HunkaHunka are just so far gone that ... they really don't matter.
) OR one might have apprehension that someone would ridicule their posting style or comments. Oh well.

Point: I'll never like typing. But, there is no other medium that can compare to the online experience. I'm a computer professional that's been online for 27 years. Whether people believe it or not, those of us that are highly skilled in online activity are very shrewd at picking out intent, what's real and what isn't real behind the style of someones' postings. I'll never say that I'm perfect at seeing the other side of the screen. I'm highly skilled. That only comes with time and practice.

Now that I've blown my horn for much longer than I normally ever would in a global online community, it's only because you are obviously a friend and I believe that most posters opinions matter (except as stated above) else none of us would be here.

Point: People claim to hate Beck ... Their loss, as he is one, whether you ignore him or not, that shows conviction and backbone. And Courage, he fake cries, OMg can't stand that, but he takes the critique like a man.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Dear Doctor,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I’m not sure if my keyboard offers enough
letters to properly reply, but I’ll try. I’ll save you and I and any readers the burden of one of those-point-by-point, ping-pong replies but will try to respond to your points made
as I was able to decipher them.

First, I am honored to be considered your friend, as I don’t have many here and
strangely, Hunka is one of my closest.

I agree it is difficult to hurl an effective insult and remain within T&C and that is an
interesting challenge.

Your claim that I “hide behind facts” is the highest compliment I’ve been paid to date, thanks. I strive to be accurate and erudite.

I sincerely enjoyed you sharing your personal background very much, especially the slow typing. In return, I'll share some about me. A near death stroke left me without the use of one hand. I used to type like a banshee, upwards of 60 wpm. Now, a fraction of that. I envy your 30 wpm. Capital letters are a real pain for me but Caps Lock is my friend.

Regarding Mr. Beck. I think he has never spent an honest day in his life. He is a wanna-be actor and a closet megalomaniac. I’m not sure if he has Mommy issues or was dropped on his his as a child. He is phony to the degree of being counterfeit and his insincerity and hypocrisy is appalling.

If it is any barometer, I suspect his vitriolic comments would get him banned here.

Sincerely. . . Kinda Kurious

[edit on 23-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Backlash Against Boycott of Glenn Beck

www.newsmax.com...

Conservative Backlash

Beck's enemies on the left, however, in their campaign to destroy Beck, have awakened a sleeping giant.

Like the town hall protesters, Beck's supporters are now rising up to declare they're fed up and not going to take it anymore. And joining in their counterattack are some of the most respected voices in conservative media.

"Glenn Beck is to be congratulated," New York Times best-selling author Peter Schweizer tells Newsmax. "They only go after you when you are being effective -- he must really be causing them problems."

"I think it tells us a lot about the style of politics coming from the organized left and this White House," says Rich Noyes, research director for the conservative Media Research Council watchdog organization. "They want to be so strenuous in going after their adversaries, they have a take-no-prisoners approach. I think it would be unthinkable if conservatives, particularly those affiliated with the Bush White House, had gone after a media figure associated with one of the other networks."

"That's Chicago politics," conservative icon and direct-marketing expert Richard Viguerie tells Newsmax. "We're seeing the Chicago-ization of politics. We hear how dangerous it is for some of these people to come in the vicinity of the president with a weapon. Then we see the chairman of a powerful committee, Henry Waxman, issuing subpoenas to 5o insurance executives for their corporate records. That's how they play the game. They will use any method they can to attain power and then hold onto that power. They tried to do the same with Rush Limbaugh, but Rush Limbaugh is too big for them to handle. This is how Democrats operate."

On Thursday, DC Examiner editorial page editor Mark Tapscott wrote: "Funny, I don't recall that the First Amendment guarantees freedom of expression to everybody except those whose opinions the four members of ColorofChange.org find ‘repulsive and divisive.’"

Tapscott called on readers to conduct a reverse boycott against the companies bowing to left-wing pressure, who are pulling their ads from Beck's program. Those companies, Tapscott says, "are aiding and abetting a vicious, political campaign to slander him by an outfit apparently created for just such a purpose."

A reverse boycott is precisely what's taking place.

On Sunday, August 16, Beck supporter John Hill launched a Web site, DefendGlenn.com. Five days later, according to Hill, the site had recorded 1.9 million visits, racked up 1,033 Twitter followers, and garnered 5,800 user comments on its "Support Wall."

"Let your voice be heard! Fight back against the lies and the extremist boycott of Glenn Beck," the site declares.

DefendGlenn.com provides contact information for companies that have pulled their advertising. It also lists and encourages the companies who have stuck with the Beck program.

"We launched DefendGlenn basically just to counter a lot of the distortions and lies that were put out by this group Color of Change, which we saw weren't being countered at all," Hill tells Newsmax.

I have never in my life time seen an administration and its backers that were so oppressive and angry with the opposition or any dissenting voice.

[edit on 073131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The reaction in support of Beck comes in the wake of the advertiser-boycott campaign launched by Color of Change, an African-American advocacy organization with close ties to the Obama White House.

While garnering some initial success, it appears the group is making claims that don’t match with reality, with several major companies claiming they never joined any boycott of Beck’s show.

According to Color of Change, major advertisers such as Wal-Mart, CVS, ConAgra, and Sargento have directed Fox News not to air their ads during the Glenn Beck Program.

The group would likely have been dismissed as a gadfly were it not for its high level connections to the Obama White House. Color of Change co-founder, Van Jones, now works in the Obama administration as the president's "green jobs czar."

it appears the group is making claims that don’t match with reality, with several major companies claiming they never joined any boycott of Beck’s show.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I have never in my life time seen an administration and its backers that were so oppressive and angry with the opposition or any dissenting voice.

Then I suppose you weren't around during the Bush era.

Please explain to me how you feel the administration had anything to do with the advertiser's pulling ads due to racist comments.

It is confirmed (BY YOUR SOURCE) the cofounder Van Jones had severed ties in 2007.

The other co-founder of Color of Change, James Rucker, confirmed to Newsmax that Jones' formal association with Color Of Change ended in December 2007.

Newmax Source

At last count, approx. 20 National advertisers who although still advertise on FOX NEWS NETWORK, have chosen NOT to be associated with a racist and have their good name tarnished by the rantings of a mad man.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join