It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy Ditch Glenn Beck (Plus Five More Companies)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I said 'if' true.

Besides, if you're going to post links to dailykos and other fringe leftist sites, the opposite side of the coin is fair game, IMO.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Oh puhleeze...don't let the partisan bravo sierra make you totally blind to what's going on.

It's on HuffPo, therefore it doesn't exist? Maybe you ought to widen your horizons just a tad. For crying out loud, the site has at least as much legitimacy as Beck.

No, but it gives it a REALLY HIGH probability of being inane B/S.

As for Beck, why don't you try taking his advice. Go look for yourselves and make up your own minds with what you find out.

Along those same lines, one little fact that tends to be overlooked about Coulter, is that she cites every reference she makes in the back of her books. Thats so you can go look to see if she is spouting B/S or not.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoofMonkey

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Oh puhleeze...don't let the partisan bravo sierra make you totally blind to what's going on.
It's on HuffPo, therefore it doesn't exist? Maybe you ought to widen your horizons just a tad. For crying out loud, the site has at least as much legitimacy as Beck.

No, but it gives it a REALLY HIGH probability of being inane B/S.

Not at all...it gives a REALLY HIGH probability of being tilted to the left. You may disagree with that stance, but that doesn't render it inane by any means. It's all a matter of perspective, and the fact is that the truth lies somewhere in between.

A self edit to say, incidently if you Google Ann Coulter lies, you get all kinds of response, starting with this one. Fill yer boots:

Ann Coulter's Slander: An Analysis www.anncoulter.blogspot.com...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If he wasn't on to something, there wouldn't be any pressure on him. Someone is turning up the heat, but I bet Beck stays in the kitchen. Ratings numbers rule the show. he can say what he wants, as long as he pulls in the ratings. It's all about the Benjamins. Fox gets top dollar for ads in the Beck time slot. As long as he's hot, he can say what he wants. Controversy brings in viewers, and veiwers means high ratings, and high ratings means $$$$$$. That's the way the real world works.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i Don't see what's wrong with the Glenn Beck show- Yeah sure he pulled out of the Research on Fema Death camps and that. But i'm sure we could all see that there was pressure from behind the scenes. hence he left CNN.

Most of the stories i get to see he's trying to make the Government Honest or getting to the bottom of the Truth. Now if you against that. then you starting to side with NWO style agenda, where the Gov will tell you want to do when to do. They'll also just do whatever they feel like doing.

We need more people out there doing what he's doing.

Go Glenn.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Ahh... Scoobie Davis. Should have guessed.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

I JUST bought Common Sense at Walmart

There is a joke in this somewhere, it's actually begging for one. Unfortunately I'm to tired to come up with one that would do it justice.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Strictsum

Well, the fact that Wal-Mart pulled their sponsorship from Glenn, makes it funny that they still sell his books. I saw Common Sense (great book by the way), The Christmas Sweater, An Inconvenient Book, etc. Wal-Mart is defeating it's own purpose. Who gets the last laugh? Fox and Glenn Beck. The only thing I have against Fox is the way they treated Ron Paul in the Primaries. Beyond that, it's much more tolerable to watch than MSNBC, ABC News, CNN (I like Lou Dobbs though), and CBS News. Sean Hannity gets annoying after a while and O'Relly only makes sense every once in a while. I think Glenn takes the cake as the best personality on cable news... hands down.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by heliosprime

Let me guess, angry? I believe I know why. You are losing all your idols.

Betcha I'm real close.
[edit on 19-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

You would be 100% WRONG........Not a republican....they suck, dems are worse, independents are sheep.............

It is not I who is angry at the Godless left. Demonizing someone on "hellblogs" (hufftrash, dailykoslie, etc) doesn't tarnish anyone other than the trashers.

Angry pajama clad, mom's basement living "bloggers" give themselves way too much credit. They hear the same "gossip" that bounces off mirrors of their own reflection and call it "reality"?

Lies have a 1000 sources, truth often needs but ONE. One truth burns down 1000 lies in the end.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

So basically, you're just mad at the world?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Originally posted by Majestic23
You honestly cant think why that effects freedom of expression? If the company that sells the most games bans games that are R rated then the likelyhood of games that are R rated being produced becomes smaller.

Whats so hard to understand?

Even if for a moment I agree with that sales/production statement, it still doesn't answer the question:

How does this affect your freedom of expression?

If anything, it produces more freedom for you, since it gives you the opportunity to start your own company to become the biggest retailer of R-rated video games.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by jsobecky
I'm not used to debating. I'm a very shy and quiet person by nature.

Paradoxically, Mt. Everest is the size of an ant hill.

Hi jsobecky !

Hey KK...good to see you're still in your usual rare form!

As far as Everest, it all depends on what you compare it to, no? Like some of those huge mountains on those outer planets or wherever.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

As far as being able to answer your question, I think that if I try really really hard I *might* be able to answer it. It will be difficult for me; I'm not used to debating. I'm a very shy and quiet person by nature. And you..you seem so confident that it kinda scares me. Plus you ask such killer questions. But I promise to give it my best shot.

OK?

Must be why you are so quick to be smug and sarcastic then. It would have been easier just to answer the question posed without the attitude but then how would that massage your ego?

Thanks for the condescending "OK" and smiley face, you must have a lot of experience being a forum smartmouth.

Sorry, but when you ask questions like this, it's hard not to play along:

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

I know this because I read allot about history, I'm obsessed with it. Most of what he is saying is friggin true blue, wake up. Research for yourself.

And who wrote the books? Whose version of history does he follow. If he learned from history why is he such a war monger?

You weren't serious with that "who wrote the books" stuff, were you? Seriously.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strictsum
reply to post by tsloan

I don't believe any of them. Could be a lack of trust on my part but I truly feel they all are part of the same team. Whether each one of them know they are on the same team is another story.

Where did you get those numbers? Was that supposed to be what Beck makes?

I thought he signed a 50 million dollar contract with Fox.

Well if you see them as one then your one of the few who have any common sense..I was just throwing the numbers up as a example of how the capitalist economy works in media..Ya know? As I have signed contracts with doctors to provide medical devices made in my lab well a Dr. pays me "X" amount for the design he wants..so I make that design. Same in media Fox is paying him to say what "they" want said. Same with MSNBC,CNN....etc. I just can't believe the utter cloud of shallow thinking that people actually still believe that there is really a two party system after what these "two" parties have been doing year after year election after election. The fact that all these politicians have been playing everyone for a fool every year and people just eat it up just blows my "f"ing mind. And I use to be one of the ones standing a screaming and pointing fingers at the other side till one day I can't explain I just started seeing the lies like they were being written in thin air. It's like someone took a blinder off every story being told I could see the connected reason for the laws being written. I could understand the few select that were working for their state and the ones who were working for the government. It's all very depressing to think I have a 3 year old who is going to grow up in a country that is wrapped in lies and twisted truths for profit. I started connecting the Glenn Becks and Rushes and Hannity's and Olbermans and the politicians and it goes on and on...Just mind blowing the level of corruption this government has put in place with media propaganda like these talking .s..utter mind blowing...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

I know exactly what you mean. I remember the moment I realized it.

I think people like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck all play their own parts. I believe they are unwittingly playing though. They don't understand the parts the play in the overall game. There is no way they would be allowed to be where they are if they didn't want them there. I don't think there is anyone you can listen to, to get the whole truth.

It comes in bits and pieces and must be put together by us. The answers are there, they are just muddled by all the nonsense that passes as news.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

As far as being able to answer your question, I think that if I try really really hard I *might* be able to answer it. It will be difficult for me; I'm not used to debating. I'm a very shy and quiet person by nature. And you..you seem so confident that it kinda scares me. Plus you ask such killer questions. But I promise to give it my best shot.

OK?

Must be why you are so quick to be smug and sarcastic then. It would have been easier just to answer the question posed without the attitude but then how would that massage your ego?

Thanks for the condescending "OK" and smiley face, you must have a lot of experience being a forum smartmouth.

Sorry, but when you ask questions like this, it's hard not to play along:

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

I know this because I read allot about history, I'm obsessed with it. Most of what he is saying is friggin true blue, wake up. Research for yourself.

And who wrote the books? Whose version of history does he follow. If he learned from history why is he such a war monger?

You weren't serious with that "who wrote the books" stuff, were you? Seriously.

For a "free thinker" you have a lot of trouble with anything slightly abstract. Get with it man, its what separates us from the animals.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strictsum
reply to post by tsloan

I know exactly what you mean. I remember the moment I realized it.

I think people like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck all play their own parts. I believe they are unwittingly playing though. They don't understand the parts the play in the overall game. There is no way they would be allowed to be where they are if they didn't want them there. I don't think there is anyone you can listen to, to get the whole truth.

It comes in bits and pieces and must be put together by us. The answers are there, they are just muddled by all the nonsense that passes as news.

agreed!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The last time I watched fox news they seemed to be obsessed by Britney Spears not wearing panties. So now if I want to know if Britney is wearing panties I figure I'll just tune into fox news and get the scoop. Other than that it's a useless news outlet.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

For a "free thinker" you have a lot of trouble with anything slightly abstract. Get with it man, its what separates us from the animals.

Oh, OK man, whatever you say. Right away. I'll get right on it.

You still evade the question, however. I answered yours, and even did you one better.

So stop with the childish sniping, and answer the question: How is your freedom of expression being stifled by WalMart's decision not to sell R-rated video games (I'm assuming you're a big fan of those games)?

You stated that their decision not to sell would reduce creation of those games. Do you have proof? Any links? Any research to back up your allegations?

Does no-one else sell those games?

I know that Wal-Mart made some changes regarding the sales of guns and ammunition. Yet it hasn't hurt the sales of those items at all - as a matter of fact, sales of them are through the roof right now. So can we say that Wal-Mart's decision actually helped the sale of guns and ammunition?

ETA: The 'who wrote the history books' thing is something we learned in junior high school. That's why I was suprised that you were bringing it up as some kind of profundity...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Demand creates the market. If there's a demand for something, there'll be a willing supplier. No one cares what Wal*Mart does except the smaller retailers who are put out of business by them.

If I had a video game store, I'd be cheering Wal*Mart's decision. GameStop seems to be doing ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join