It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Time for 'Don't Ask' Policy to Go?

page: 2
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140
 


Countries that allow homosexuals to serve in their military:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Phillipines, Romania, Slovenia, South Africa (!!!), Spain, Sweden, Switzerland (??), United Kingdom, Uruguay (!!!).

Countries with a ban:

Brazil, Cuba, China, Egypt, Greece (???!!!), Iran, Jamaica, North Korea, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, South Korea, Syria, Turkey, Venezuela, Yemen.

Notice any patterns?????

[edit on 18 August 2009 by weedwhacker]




posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by jd140
 


Forget that its two guys. Look at it as a guy and a girl. Girls (in this situation is the straight guy, ironic huh) don't want to shower with guys. Doesn't mean that every guy wants to sleep or stare at her. Its a comfort thing.


Because soldiers need to be comfortable, the sleep and like kings. No expense is spared for these Lords and Dukes!

Come on! It's a little awkward, fine. But these men fight in life or death situations and having to bare gay me not having sex with them is too much somehow. Are these men more touchy than the most camp gays?

Harden up.


Ok lets go with your view.

No segregation at all. Men and women of all sexuality shower at the same time and share the same quarters.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by jd140
 


Countries that allow homosexuals to serve in their military:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Phillipines, Romania, Slovenia, South Africa (!!!), Spain, Sweden, Switzerland (??), United Kingdom, Uruguay (!!!).

Countries with a ban:

Brazil, Cuba, China, Egypt, Greece (???!!!), Iran, Jamaica, North Korea, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, South Korea, Syria, Turkey, Venezuela, Yemen.

Notice any patterns?????

[edit on 18 August 2009 by weedwhacker]


I missed the part where you showed me how this affects you. Would you mind pointing it out to me?



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Let's stop the bickering.

It affects us ALL, because we all live on the planet.

I, for one and thankful that we are allowed to DISCUSS our differences, without it having to 'affect' us directly.

If we couldn't you would have to be in the military, or be gay to participate in this discussion.

Stop puffing up your chest. It's a discussion, not a pissing match.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140
 


My Nation's security is threatened when otherwise capable people, such as, for EXAMPLE, Arab-language experts are drummed out of the Services simply for being Gay.

There is a great unused reservoir of talent being disposed of, by antideluvian mindsets.

Recall that, in the Unted States, at least, it is still a volunteer Armed Forces. These people are just as dedicated and willing to serve as the next, and have skillsets to offer. Except for the occasional knuckle-dragging Brass who can't stop chewing on their cigars long enough to wake up and see the World is changing.

(Hah! Cigar imagery. Phallic!!)



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Let's stop the bickering.

It affects us ALL, because we all live on the planet.

I, for one and thankful that we are allowed to DISCUSS our differences, without it having to 'affect' us directly.

If we couldn't you would have to be in the military, or be gay to participate in this discussion.

Stop puffing up your chest. It's a discussion, not a pissing match.





I don't try and talk about things I don't know about and I appreciate others do the same.

This will affect the way of life for every military person and won't do jack squat to the regular civilian. So yes I believe unless this affects you then your opinion doesn't hold any water.

Call it puffing my chest or a pissing contest if you want. It doesn't change anything I have said.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by jd140
 


My Nation's security is threatened when otherwise capable people, such as, for EXAMPLE, Arab-language experts are drummed out of the Services simply for being Gay.

There is a great unused reservoir of talent being disposed of, by antideluvian mindsets.

Recall that, in the Unted States, at least, it is still a volunteer Armed Forces. These people are just as dedicated and willing to serve as the next, and have skillsets to offer. Except for the occasional knuckle-dragging Brass who can't stop chewing on their cigars long enough to wake up and see the World is changing.

(Hah! Cigar imagery. Phallic!!)


I'm sorry, how has your securtity been threatened because of this since the creation of the military in the United States?

You are grasping talking about this threatens securtity. But that is what happens when you know nothing about the subject you talk about.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
This will affect the way of life for every military person and won't do jack squat to the regular civilian.


in what way, exactly? i can't think of a single way it would have an effect on heterosexual soldiers. can you explain what you mean when you say it would effect the way of life of any military person that wasn't gay.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140
 


Well...in case you didn't know, I'm a gay general in the navy. What are your credentials?

How arrogant of you to assume that if something doesn't affect someone else that they have no right to express their opinion.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by jd140
This will affect the way of life for every military person and won't do jack squat to the regular civilian.


in what way, exactly? i can't think of a single way it would have an effect on heterosexual soldiers. can you explain what you mean when you say it would effect the way of life of any military person that wasn't gay.


Sure I can explain it if you are to simple to get this concept.

I explained it in my first post. If you need further explanation feel free to ask.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I'm a gay general in the navy.


i thought that they were called admiral in the navy, and not just the gay ones!!!

[edit on 18/8/09 by pieman]



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
reply to post by jd140
 


Well...in case you didn't know, I'm a gay general in the navy. What are your credentials?

How arrogant of you to assume that if something doesn't affect someone else that they have no right to express their opinion.


SGT in the Army, 8 years active duty, 2 tours in Iraq, 3 years reserve, deploying in 2 months, going back active when I get back.

My credintials satisfy you?

Call it arrogance if you want. I think only an a@@hole would have an opinion on something that will affect the lives of others and not himself. Who are you to express how you feel they should live?







posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Ridiculous analogy.

Actually I thought the analogy was quite on point
Just because you don't agree with it doesn't void it



Originally posted by weedwhacker
You are WAY too hung up on the sexuality aspects....do you think every Gay man, or straight woman, finds your sorry butt attractive???

We only know what we know
If gay people are equal to straight people
and I am straight, and if I was showering with a room full of women I swear to god that my eyes would be wondering about every 3 seconds.
If straight men would do it, then to us so would gay men


Originally posted by weedwhacker
Do you straight men find every woman you see attractive???

I've never been in a shower room full of women bro, so it's YOUR analogy that is invalid.
The question is that if the average man took a shower with a room full of women would he look around? Answer = YESSSS



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I dont understand why it is the governments business...


Dont ask...dont care should be the policy. there have been gay guys in militarys going back millenium. Roman soldiers anyone? I dont blame some guys if they dont want to know about their platoon mates sexuality. Most guys already have an idea about someone who is gay in the first place. If they don't have a problem with it then, then that is what should be important.

If it became a problem (i.e. the gay guy made advances on a fellow soldier unwarranted) then it should be handled the way any sexual harrasment case is handled.



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I explained it in my first post. If you need further explanation feel free to ask.


please, would you mind?
i don't understand what the problem is, are you telling me you will happily sign up to face death but are afraid to shower with someone who might look at your bits,

come to think of it, gay people are perfectly entitled to join up as it is, so really, the problem is knowing who is or isn't gay, not weather or not they're gay.

i must be some kind of idiot, i don't get what the problem is.

gay eyes.......more dangerous then bullets.

[edit on 18/8/09 by pieman]



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i don't understand what the problem is, are you telling me you will happily sign up to face death but are afraid to shower with someone who might look at your bits,

Those two things have NOTHING to do with each other AT ALLLLL


Originally posted by pieman
i must be some kind of idiot, i don't get what the problem is.

The issue is not fighting alongside gay men
It's just everything else
showering, sleeping, changing etc...

Is it simpler now?



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sorry...premature ePOSTulation...all this talk about showers and stuff..


[edit on 18-8-2009 by KSPigpen]



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
It's just everything else
showering, sleeping, changing etc...

Is it simpler now?


no
i might look at naked women, i don't lose all control and jump them!!

how do these guys cope with female soldiers at the moment?

[edit on 18/8/09 by pieman]



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
no
i might look at naked women, i don't lose all control and jump them!!


Let me make it even simpler to you
if you have a girlfriend or a wife go ask her if she would mind showering in front of a bunch of men

That should give you more perspective


Originally posted by pieman
how do these guys cope with female soldiers at the moment?

I think it's how do female soldiers cope with men
Answer = They don't shower with them!

I'm really confused, these aren't difficult points to understand

[edit on 18-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]



posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by jd140
 


Wow. I am SO proud that we have you defending our constitution...yeah..you might have heard of it..its got all that silly stuff in it like freedom of speech. Roid rage much? You are being incredibly antagonistic. 60% of the military polled were against gays serving...but that also means 40% didn't care. So, statistically, when you muster up with your platoon, ten of them don't agree with you. What should w do about them? Maybe we coul RIF them and you could have the military you want... everyone in agreement with your hypocritical homophobia.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join