It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra-tiny 'bees' target tumors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Ultra-tiny 'bees' target tumors

www.cnn.com

They're called "nanobees," and they're not insects -- they're tiny particles designed to destroy cancer cells by delivering a synthesized version of toxin called melittin that is found in bees.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is cool as cucumbers...

I know lots of the insecure pansies out there will be up in arms because of "what this could be used for" or what happens "if it goes wrong".

But those of us who have a pair are ecstatic that we are progressing in our medical technology.

Question is, would this have been discovered if we had a Public Option for healthcare?

I'm interested in your opinions on this.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't think the public option of a health care plan would have any effect either way on advancement of medical science. I don't see how it would have any bearing at all. A persons choice in several medical plans doesn't have an effect on scientific medical engineering that is done by private and government institutions imho.

On a related note it is amazing how far they have come in medical nanotechnology. I recall watching a new show on Discovery channel regarding using tiny nanobots smaller then a human hair that were modeled after bacteria to swim through the blood stream to their designated target.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
nanotech is fantastic, it might go wrong or be used against us but then the same is true of everything, you can't spend your whole life paralysed by fear.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I just must add that this is truly fantastic and very smart, way to go guys!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
nanotech is fantastic, it might go wrong or be used against us but then the same is true of everything, you can't spend your whole life paralysed by fear.

Indeed Pieman... we can become paralyzed by fear.

That's where sometimes you just have to put a lid on the intellect and use that subjective muscle of perception.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

You don't have to go far to find examples -- any new drug, even with all the testing and certification, carries risks. Nanotech is not any sort of exception. So yeah, I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Way cool. Starred and flagged. Really like your science posts.

Was reading this earlier and thinking of the hope it must be offering people. Only thing is that there's always that part at the end where they tell you it will be years before anyone benefits. Wish we could speed this up somehow.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

unrelated. BUt have you got the same backround imag as me>?>>>>>

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Way cool. Starred and flagged. Really like your science posts.

Was reading this earlier and thinking of the hope it must be offering people. Only thing is that there's always that part at the end where they tell you it will be years before anyone benefits. Wish we could speed this up somehow.

Agreed! Yeah, it would be nice to have a lot of this stuff quicker. We might just get to see some of this, but at least our children will benefit.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Agreed! Yeah, it would be nice to have a lot of this stuff quicker. We might just get to see some of this, but at least our children will benefit.

Sooner would be nice since I have a brain tumor and my insurance company doesn't think they need to spend any money for that. great article, I hope this does turn into something helpful for people.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Asktheanimals]

new topics

top topics

join