It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy 11 Adventurers Here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Greeting from Vana'deil!

Just wondering if there is any FF11 players that troll these boards here on ATS? I play too much myself!
I play on the Asura server so let me know if you play too.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've gotten away from video games in the last few years. My favorite games were always final fantasy though. How does this online version rate compared to the other ones? Is it like Ultima or something?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Oh its good too, kind of like the others just multiplayer. But ya its a time sink for sure.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Oh its good too, kind of like the others just multiplayer. But ya its a time sink for sure.

They all are time sinks. Is it possible to play as a single player? I would buy it if that was possible. Or is it totally online?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It is possible to play solo.......but you have to level up to about level 30 in a group, which takes about a month, and then get and advanced job (Beastmaster) to solo.

But this game is a realllllly huge time sink man, really. Some of the quest take 8hours of constant play the complete(some are longer, like 12hours). And leveling takes for ever if you are playing with pick-up partys. It really help to have a "static party" of friends or people that play at the same time to level up. Makes it better too.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i play im on the carbuncle server under the name echeloan. Havent played alot tho cause of school. IM a lvl 22 rdm

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sweet! Good luck too you!

Iam have many jobs....too many

40PLD / 34RDM / 22WAR / 17WHM / 15THF / 12MNK / 7SMN / 5BLM / 5BST / 5SAM / 5NIN

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Final Fantasy XI rocks! It's an amazing feat of computers and programming -- a self-contained consistent planet, created from scratch, that over 1 million+ people play on a daily basis (as of the end of 2003... I'm sure it's grown since then!) living alternative lives!

I am a Level 10 male Hume Warrior named "Divinaemente" living in Bastok on the Cait Sith server...

If you want to say "Hi!" please find me in Final Fantasy XI, don't u2u me here at ATS/BTS; I'm saturated with u2u's as it is!

[Edited on 7/18/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
used to play it, played it for about 6 months then didn't have any time to play it anymore.

It woudl be great if it was possible to play the game solo, but I was only able to make it to level 23 soloing, took too long of a time

But I do miss the game, when I get a lot more time I plan on picking it up agian.

Was 45 WAR, 25 MNK, 11 WHM, 9 BLM, 15 DRK, 15 PLD

I also opened up all of the advance jobs, but never played them

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
just got it a few days ago and im all ready adicted! got a lvl 9 1/2 warrior hehe, just playn solo right now names Mal if anyone wants ta teem or show me the ropes, not sure witch server san'sumthins the town ehhe but the game looks sweet and gameplay is smooth!!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hehe,

Ive just quit this game. Got far into it and just ran out of time now adays.

Here is what I quit with;

Jobs; 60PLD/37WAR/34RDM/19WHM/15THF/15MNK/15SAM/9NIN/5BLM/5BST
Equip; FUL AF - FULL RSE - 2.5Mill in Gear and Gil.
Crafting; Fishing 25, Woodworking 20, Cooking 20.
Playtime; 123 Days

It was a great game but I just dont have time for it anymore. I recomend it to anyone with time on their hands.

[Edited on 8/17/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
aww FF11.. I owned and beat every FF. Bought them as soon as they came out.. But FF11.. payments...online fees... doomed. It broke my streak.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
aww FF11.. I owned and beat every FF. Bought them as soon as they came out.. But FF11.. payments...online fees... doomed. It broke my streak.

Sorry for the double post!

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by Useful 1diot]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am in the midst of ff10, 11 seems viable afterwards though. Seems interesting.

Deep

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Plan on playing some long hours Deep. I played it to "Keep the streak alive" too, but eventualy I got hooked... and getting hooked in FFxi means that I was playing about 5 hours a night/5 days a week, and at least 10 hours a day on weekends... for a year.

It was no problem for me cause I was single, worked alot, played all night, moved to a new town, and had only a couple friends that live close to me. FFxi was great for me, but as soon as I moved back to my home town I stopped playing cause I had no time to play.

Its a AWSOME game, but you need time to play it. Like any other MMORPG I assume.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
FFXI rules. I play on ifrit server A hume named Dannoslives. And I sink far to many hours in-game. but when Ime not playing ime spending far to many hours on ATS

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i played when it first came out for about 6 months... then i uninstalled it cause i didnt have time... then about a year ago i decided i was going to play again and tried to reinstall and it said my cd key was invalid... so i call up square enix and they inform me that in order to play id have to purchase the game again so i gave them the big FU cause thats total BS that once ive already purchased the software that id have to purchase it again.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
FFXI i believe is the worst final fantasy of them all....

top topics

join