It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic Bag Rugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I saw the thread title and thought, "Oh my god, this is going to be ridiculous".

But I must admit, I was very wrong. That's a very good job - looks very good! I'm well impressed.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Here are a few interesting uses for plastic bags I haven't tried yet. After I discovered that I could use plastic bags to make rugs, I started looking around the net to see what other creative uses people have come up with.

Plastic Bag Fabric: Reclaiming Plastic Shopping Bags for Good

Braided Clothes Hanger

Plastic Bag Sandals

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Those rugs are terrific. What a great little rug for in front of the tub or kitchen sink!

Bit thumbs up for you!

I don't know how to crochet, but have thought of trying to do a braided one or maybe a hooked one.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

A long, long time ago (
) I met a woman who made braided oval rugs from bread bags. I couldn't remember how she did it, but the rugs she made were exquisite. So, since I couldn't duplicate what I remembered, I improvised. Then after searching the internet, I discovered to my surprise and joy, that people have been recycling plastic for quite some time in the most creative ways. I so admire creativity!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm a bit creative in certain areas - I bead, cut and tumble rocks, do woodworking, used to do polymer clay, love creating rock and cactus gardens and have a done a couple of hook run from a kit - but have never tried crochet or knitting. I did have to take sewing back in the dark ages when I was in high school and my results were pretty scary! Could by why I have stayed away from any kind of activities associated with sewing. LOL! I can braid though. Used to be a macrame freak too.

Will see if I can find a vid on braiding plastic rugs. Of course, then I'll have to starting saving plastic bags again. I take whatever ones I end up with back to my local grocery store to recycle.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My wife makes crochet plarn bags, too. Its pretty durable, as she makes the strands about 2" and she uses a pretty small hook to make a really tight stitch. I have one she made that I use as dirty gym clothes holder - it breathes enough that my gym clothes don't mildew (I'm out a while before I make it home) while I'm out, and they keep the wet from getting all over my gym bag and making it reek.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I love this! Kudos to everyone on this thread who are creating and recylcing at the same time. You have all inspired me!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
That's GORGEOUS and amazing!!!!

What a super way to recycle. Excellent.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
awesome job OP on the recycle efforts.
the rugs are off the hook. very, very cool!!!
you could probably sell those at your local high-end boutique and make away with some grocery funds. (although i know they take some time to make)

thanks! you made my monday morning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join