It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC Bob - FYI- 4 ATS Viewers -- Banking Holiday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

www.marketwatch.com

By Peter Brimelow, MarketWatch

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- The top-performing letter that predicted the Crash of 2008 now predicts a confiscatory Franklin D. Roosevelt-style "bank holiday." But it's surprisingly sanguine about stocks -- in the (very) short term.

The Harry Schultz Letter (HSL) was my pick for Letter of the Year in 2008 because it really did predict what it rightly called a coming "financial tsunami." But its performance in 2008 was still terrible, albeit arguably for technical reasons. ( See Dec. 28, 2008, column.)

Now HSL has bounced back big-time. ( See April 13 column.) Over the year to date through May, it's up a remarkable 81.7% by Hulbert Financial Digest count, compared to 4.1% for the dividend-reinvested Wilshire 5000 Total Stock Market Index.

Mod Edit: added ex tags

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts... If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

Who is "BC Bob" well I cant tell you, but I will say - the French Resistance comes to mind.... He objects to ATS not allowing NON-Annonomus postings...
he is a retired U.S. Military Officer above O5, gets 5 stars from me for his patriotism.
other than that... he doesnt trust the PTB with our Country. that is his
reason he gave me for asking me to post for him here on ATS.

[edit on 8/18/2009 by JacKatMtn]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Will someone please come in here and decipher this? It is like reading a foreign language. How does this equate to a bank holiday?

I would star and flag your post if I knew what it means.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
its just the facts of what is going on here.. the external editing done by mod's sort of hid the facts... from plain text... pls visit site to read the whole article... tks for the confussion MOD...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Umm, there is no difference in posting with a username and posting anon. ATS is privy to the same information either way. It's not like you are really anymore "anon" than any other time.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
its just the facts of what is going on here.. the external editing done by mod's sort of hid the facts... from plain text... pls visit site to read the whole article... tks for the confussion MOD...

The article cited is from June 24, 2009 and the last paragraph

Nevertheless, in the very short term, HSL's charting leads it to say: "we MAY not get a new bear market decline that many bears are predicting. Likewise, DJIA & S&P500 may build a Head-and Shoulders right shoulder."

Ahem. What does it mean? My goodness, its like listening to my tax accountant husband talk about tax law. For every recognizable word there are 13 gobbledygook words in between.

Basically, don't expect much in the way of improvement in the financial sector for a while. Is that about it?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
He out Ranks me...
I just follow orders.

sorry, for the one liners.. I'm not going to divulge anything here... all I'm trying to do is answer everyones inquiries without answering them.
and I take offense to me not being able to respond due to skeptic overlord disabling my posting privledges... so this sort stinks on ATS, I await my punishment for your actions... sir.
and FYI this sort of proves ATS has other interests, since there is clearly two lines of 4 words each thats says it all... WE Are Americans and this is our country... and its time to clean our room

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

PS:

Being cryptic doesn't lend you any credability on these forums.

It muddys the waters of watever you are trying to get across and it is incredibly annoying finding out that no real answers will be coming from the OP of a potentionally interesting(?) thread.

top topics

join