It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files: bright yellow light 'fired laser beams at ground'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
UFO files: bright yellow light 'fired laser beams at ground'
This amazing story is one from the new release of ufo files by the British government
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The man – "a sensible sort of lad and genuine", according to police – was going home at about 2.30am on July 15, 1996, when he noticed he was being followed by a bright yellow light as he crossed a footbridge from Avondale Drive into Upton.

According to a police log released today by the Ministry of Defence, he reported the light was "two houses high" and that it followed him when he tried to walk away from it.

He told police it made a high-pitched noise "like cats wailing", before blasting light beams downwards.

When he returned home, he told his father what happened and he returned to the spot with him.

The pair found four railway sleepers smouldering and one with a 4in hole burned through it.

The official record shows a police officer was sent to the scene and he reported there was no sign of an accelerant being used.

The officer reported to his station: "One of the sleepers is still smouldering. It does look rather odd."

The local chief inspector was informed as well as the Aeronautical Information Service – which passes information to the air authorities to ensure the skies are safe.

The part that stands out for me is

The pair found four railway sleepers smouldering and one with a 4in hole burned through it.

The official record shows a police officer was sent to the scene and he reported there was no sign of an accelerant being used.

The officer reported to his station: "One of the sleepers is still smuldering. It does look rather odd." They were concerned enough to inform the Aeronautical Information Service which ensure the skies are safe
Pity there wern't camera phones around back then.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Sounds interesting, sounds like to me, that if they truly fired at the ground, what were they firing at?. And if they wanted to hit the kid, they could have done so, so to me it sounds like they shot at something following him?.IMO...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
For me the most interesting thing is that it's in the Telegraph. WTF???

For those who don't know, the Torygraph is the most establishment of the so-called "quality" dailies. It's extraordinary that this story should be in it.

OTOH... it's also widely known that the Telegraph is the paper of choice for UK spooks. Ties with the intelligence services go back a long way. It was a Telegraph reporter, for example, who "happened to find" forged documents implicating George Galloway in oil trading.

I'm trying really hard not to use the word "disclosure" but the fact that this is being reported in this paper is, IMO, very odd: and odder still that the page links to another whole page devoted to UFOs.

Something's not right about that.

There's a link to this page about the Rendlesham incident. Check out the opening paragraphs:

Rather like the green shoots of economic recovery or sunshine in summer, reported sightings of alien life are endless, but almost impossible to verify. And there will be plenty of knowing smirks following release of the government's UFO files. Among the thousands claiming to have received a visitation from outer space was that unusual specimen, the "sober" Glastonbury reveller. Oh, and the Belgian air force, which one rather imagines being more mythical than the Swiss navy, or indeed the UFO it supposedly tracked.

But those of us inclined to dismiss UFO enthusiasts as geeky conspiracy theorists who live with their mothers and spend too long in their darkrooms might have to take all this stuff more seriously.

The rest of the article doesn't quite live up to the promise: the author can't quite settle into a sensible tone. But there are some interesting tidbits:

Long before the intervention by the chief of the defence staff, Winston Churchill was on the case. Indeed, as First Lord of the Admiralty, he is credited with the first "official" reporting of a UFO, above Kent on October 14, 1912.

So much for the "modern era kicking off with Kenneth Arnold". And moreover,

The incident must have left an impression because in the Fifties, Churchill was involved in the delightfully titled, comic-book sounding Flying Saucer Working Party, which was, naturally, terribly hush,

Not that my knowledge on the subject is encyclopaedic, but those are two new ones on me.

The comments are interesting, too.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

OTOH... it's also widely known that the Telegraph is the paper of choice for UK spooks. Ties with the intelligence services go back a long way. It was a Telegraph reporter, for example, who "happened to find" forged documents implicating George Galloway in oil trading.

That isn't to say military intelligence officers in England etc are all right wingers, not by any stretch of the imagination, many prefer to be apolitical as otherwise has tendency to political bias which is not something conducive to their service to state.

In my humble opinion, that is to say.

---

Sounds a bit similar to something in my frame of reference, from back in 1978 when i was a kid on my way home after 3 months assessment redone twice because first and second results weren't believed by social workers who thought i was educationally sub normal, as the term was then, at The Royal National Philanthropic Institute in Redhill, although not railway sleepers, the huge lumps of waste concrete from a demolition i was climbing across were 'beamed' from above and behind me by similar after cutting through the local cemetery to cut across a recreation field, Coldfall rec London N10 after getting off the train at New Southgate and down the path to the North Circular, late afternoon.
Though i generally keep these things to myself, i don't like feeding trolls, as it were.

Paxus.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by DeltaPan]

top topics

join