It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*For a Laugh*The most dumb and stupidest packaging Warning signs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
* "Warning: Riders of personal watercraft may suffer injury due to the forceful injection of water into body cavities either by falling into the water or while mounting the craft." -- In the manual for a jetski.."

This one isn't so funny. It happens and ruins lives..

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I had to get a new pair of Turn Out Gear (the outfit firefighters use for fighting fire) and it had a tag inside that said.

"Warning fighting fire is hazardous and should be done by professional firefighters only"

I could hardly believe it!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

Originally posted by Epsillion70
* "Warning: Riders of personal watercraft may suffer injury due to the forceful injection of water into body cavities either by falling into the water or while mounting the craft." -- In the manual for a jetski.."

This one isn't so funny. It happens and ruins lives..

Though mental images of enemas do come to mind here.
But yes Duly noted and I can understand.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This one is more disturbing than dumb...
A warning label I found on an ice pop maker that my sister bought:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a000f4f41143.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LetTheTruthBeTold

Actually, the truth behind the mcdonalds coffee is that the coffee was way over health standards. The location had been told four times that their coffeee was way too hot, and they didn't repair it. Then the woman ended up burning herself, that is why they got sued. MSM spun it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I see your point.

but it is also possible a non professional could get a hold of the gear and try to pretned to be a FF, or some idiot who wants to play with fire.

Or someone like me when they try to use the grill. XD

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This isn't a warning sign or anything but I thought it was funny. On the back of a motorcyclists shirt. "If you can read this the b*t#h fell off.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well thats why I found it funny is because you can shell out $2,000 dollars and buy the gear if you want. If you wear it in public though you may go to prison if you are impersonating a firefighter.

I could imagine someone with too much money "playing" fireman and not understanding how the gear works and more importantly fire science.

I found it disturbing that someone must have done it or they wouldn't have put the tag in it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by patentpending
very funny thread....

I bought a gas heater a couple of years ago and the instructions included a set of diagrams showing what not to do with your heater, including a rather bizarre diagram that indicated in no circumstances should I place a kangaroo on the heater - but only whilst it was operating (???)

I am in Australia but I'm sure none of us are that stupid. It also begs the question as to who actually did this in the first place in order to warrant a national warning as part of the instructions ; )

I think you kinda said it; i love these things some of them just make you sit and wonder who approved that. But on the other hand it's my belief that if they include somewhat of a strange warning, most likely they got a report of something similar happening so they include these ludicrous warnings to products that most would not use for what ever the warning pertains too. LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My personal favorite I found the last time I changed a fan belt .

Warning turn motor off before installing new belt .

What type of idiot would change a fan belt while the vehicle was running any how .

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You are right it is not the right forum. try BTS, that is below top secret.

i have alerted mods to move it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
My favoriteis a bag of stone gravel I bought which had a "use by date" on it. 4 billion years in the ground and it's suddenly gonna go off! Please....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Here is the real sad part......

For every stupid packing label/wet floor sign..... you see, some idiot (purposely?) hurt themselves and successfully sued the company and won lots of money.

Just remember that the next time you see a real stupid sign, yes, there "ARE" people stupid enough to do that...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
We had a bunch on our toaster.....do not bathe with toaster.....do not use in the rain......do not use as a heating device, etc, etc,...we were rolling on the ground laughing..

"why can't I take my toaster for a nice romantic walk in the rain, and then have a bath together afterwards, and then warm up from the heating coils???? WHy won't they let us be together!?! Life is so unfair!" *stomps off*

lmao.....it was funny......

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think we've all seen the picture of the rocket launcher at some time or another. The one labeled 'point away from face'

I actually recall a really funny one I saw a few years ago in the manual for a VCR. It had a very long explanation about how, if you put the batteries in the remote control in reverse polarity, it will destroy the universe and will be "all your fault!"

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

a couple weeks ago me and my roomate realized there was a warning on our ice bag that said:

this bag is not to be placed in a child's crib.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join