It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a New Country Rise from the Sea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hi all,

I have been following the Worlds Earthquake Activity for some time now and I was pondering over whether it would be possible for a "large country" to rise from the Ocean in these times we live in?

I live in New Zealand and as far as I know, its the youngest landmass on the planet.

Could a large quake or volcanic eruption create a whole new country similar to New Zealand?

whats the chances?

G.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't know if its possible, but I hope not. Thats alot of displaced water and it would have to go somewhere.

If it does happen I think we should call it either Mud Island or Smells Like Dead Fish Island.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That would be wild! I believe over the course of time these things will happen.

The most fascinating theory to me about our planet and how it transforms is Neal Adams "Earth is Growing" theory. if you have not seen it watch this. Same thing goes for mars too.

Its sort of in line with your question:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
New Zealand is not all that new.
query.nytimes.com...

Not a the result of an earthquake, but the newest:
www.guardian.co.uk...

Coming Soon (depending on your point of view)! A new Hawaiian Island!
en.wikipedia.org...

The answer is yes.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Could be possible, who knows. It would be great to see that, count me in to come live on this inhabited new found land mass. (:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
So with the growing earth theory why do we have earthquakes?

Ty for the video, very interesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

thanks for the video. This is quite a cool theory. will have to look more into this guy!!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

this footage i think is from the same undersea volcano eruption you mentioned. man, these guys are crazy!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There definitely will be a new land mass to rise from the sea. But, not within a short timescale. It would take thousands and thousands of years, unless something truly bazaar and unheard of happens.

If so, I call dibs on it!
It'll be my own sovereign nation, with no taxes (for me)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

wow i had no idea about any of that video when it came to the earth actually growing over millions of years! and its a to me raises this question, if that is the case than how old Jupitar must be! Beings that it is so massive...and that right there would redo anything that most people would have conceived about our galaxy and universe.....right? or wrong?

S n F op

[edit on 18-8-2009 by soldier8828]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I hadn't seen that before. Astounding is the only word I can come up with. I have to wonder what it sounds like.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i remember seeing this on the local news and thinking "wow". The last part is the craziest when you actually hear them getting scared and saying "turn the boat around!!"

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Yeah, that video is pretty mind-blowing. I've never seen that before. It truly does look amazing.
Those guys are absolutely insane to get that close to it. I'd have been terrified to be anywhere near that close to it. Great find!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yes it's possible for a new land mass to arise but I don't think it would be anything too huge. And thanks man for linking that video it was really interesting, I'm gonna have to do some independent research into that.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Personaly i have my own theory about Mamma earth .

first she isnt nearly as old as the scientists think ,since she is one of the smaller planets in our solar system .

and yes in fact she is growing , she is constantly in a state of change which is why we have active volanos . volcanos and earthquakes where here long before humans where are are the reason why we have land masses .

hope that answers your question.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The active volcano that rose up in the video quickly began to form a small land mass, I think the growth has stopped now, but I am not sure about that. Anyway here is a link with a great snapshot of it.

www.guardian.co.uk...

top topics

join