It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Fuerher? Dream character thought I was him in my dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'll just begin by talking about this particular moment in my dream last night. Basically I was graduating from college in the dream, and some neighbors and people I know came by my house to congratulate me. They all had cards for me and graduation money which I thought was terribly nice of them not being in my family. This one man though, walks up to me handing me a check. I think to myself humorously, "This guy isn't going to know/remember my name." And he hands me the check and I look at the name and it says Pay to the order of: Mike Fuerher. I have never even met anyone by that name. I didn't say anything about him getting the name wrong.

Just wondering if anybody here might be Mike, and wondering what it means if you see someone elses name written in a dream? Or if you are possibly mistaken for them?

And I hope it's alright to post the name. I know if someone happened to post my name there would be no way for anyone to know that was Novise's name. It would just be a name on it's own.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
If the name is intended to be you, meaning this guy really meant to give YOU the check, but wrote Mike's name, it can symbolize turning over a new leaf. A fresh start as a new person, due to a change in belief or action, or whatnot.

BehindTheName.com says the meaning of Michael is: "From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God." And upon Googling 'Fuerher' (hoping to find a celebrity, scientist, whatever, someone to verify that the surname exists), Google insists that I mean 'Führer', which is German for leader. This could mean that there is a typo in Führer in your dream, and thus a blemish, a flaw in your ability to lead this new life?

Just my musings, hopefully someone more helpful can step in.

Edit: DreamSleep.net has this to say about names: "Psychological Meaning: Names can sometimes contain puns that reveal the meaning of your dream. For example, a Mr Swift may be your dream telling you to hurry up and put your plans into action or dreams set in Washington may suggest you should be careful what you say. (Washing tongue!) The puns may be as bad as Bob Hope’s gag writer’s but they reveal the hidden meaning of your dream."

And ExperienceFestival.com says this: "names in a dream are a usually a description of your own self, and the relationship to the name may have meaning. If in the dream the name "Mrs. House" is seen it may be referring to a house, an actual house you lived in, and/or, the house may be a symbol for you, the dreamer. If you are given a new name in a dream it may mean that you have entered into a new phase in your life. Names of dead people may be reference to the relationship with that person when they were living. Or it may refer to qualities about that person that influence [positive or negative] you. Deeper, the person, being dead, may represent that aspect of influence upon you is itself dead, it is "dead" within you."

[edit on 8/22/2009 by Alpha Furyan]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Furyan

Yeah it's really hard to nail this one down. After looking at your name meanings I suppose the dream character just thought too highly of the college graduate he was congratulating.

One reason I posted this was because the name is so rare. Google does want you to search Fuhrer, but Fuerher can be found in some company directories in a search. So there are some.

But as usual, it doesn't seem to mean a thing! No apparent connection, nothing done for us by our subconcious to make it any easier.

Though your musings were pretty darn accurate. Things did change with me, my perspective was changing during this. Though not perfectly, always.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Could fuehrer actually mean fuhrer (german for leader)?

Just wondering

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by welsh alien

Yes it could have been meant to be Fuhrer instead. I think what I took to be an e seemed to be out of place and maybe it was some sort of symbol, or like bad handwriting.

I don't think I've recalled any dreams of me being in school or college since... Hopefully my dream body really is past that phase, cause I get bored an annoyed waking up to that theme usually.

People in my dreams last night were calling me by my correct name so yeah.

I just had never just been given a name point blank like that in a dream and thought it might be significant. But I'm starting to think that if it's anything it's like an inside joke for my subconcious, or doesn't mean anything, or worse it's just a distraction. But I'll keep it in mind, maybe my subconcious will allow me to meet "Mike" someday and I can relate the story to him right? lol.

top topics

join