It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are spell books real and where are they now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
If you believe they work. They do. If not. They don't.

kinda sounds like the Christian faith a bit.
IF YOU HAVE FAITH you will be healed.
IF YOU HAVE FAITH your prayers will be answered.
etc etc

Kinda makes ya' wonder ....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
there are still types of magic,thats so strong even if the person dosnt know its put on him,he will be cursed/blessed/affected,i guess its an energy level attack.
NO,theres lots of other types of magic that affect on alot more complicated method then just energy attacks

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What about just channeling? Like the ritual, or setting they created in the Lawofone when channeling Ra. Where could you find books that detail stuff like that?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
probably in some libralies or book shops in the occult section, but i dont know which book is right and which a hoax,there all relate to each other.
or you can just search the torrent sites,lots of nwo stuff in mininova

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
well,its not that all magic is satanic,i dont think that,but there are lots of wiccan teen girls spaming curses all over the place,and wicca..is kinda of a horned one religion.
i was being sarcastic when i mentioned "satanic as hell" couse well lots of magic is connected to pentagram stuff...i dont believe that even magic connected with the use of pentagram is satanic..it depends

Thats kind of funny.

Wiccans don't use curses. Its the threefold law. If they're using curses, they're not wiccan, just stupid.

FYI if you don't know what the threefold law (AKA Rule of Three) is...
en.wikipedia.org...(Wiccan)

The Rule of Three (also Three-fold Law or Law of Return) is a religious tenet held by some Wiccans. It states that whatever energy a person puts out into the world, be it positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times. Some subscribe to a variant of this law in which return is not necessarily threefold.

So, if a "Wiccan" was to use a curse on someone or something, it would most likely come back to harm him/her. Also, you could call it "Karma".

Regardless, if a "Wiccan" is using curses, they're probably too stupid to actually read up on the religion they're practising, and is just following a crowd to look 'menacing'.

Ooh, look at me, I'm a magick user! Pfff. Children children children -_-;

The pentagram is much more than just a magickal symbol. Read up on Phi, the Golden Number.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Chiiru]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think that at one time in our past long ago, magic may have been real. But then new religions were born, and men hungry for power sought to reign in anything that threatened their desire to achieve it. I believe that magic was reigned in, books burned, practitioners executed, all in the name of control. A select few were chosen to guard these secrets through the ages, keeping us from the truth about full potential.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Someone said if you believe them, they will work, if you don't, they won't.

That's basically correct I guess but there is slightly more to it. It is your own energy capacity and imagination that drives any "magic" you perform upon the universe. These books (spells) are simply crutches for one's own imagination. And of course by themselves these crutches are useless, so there is no harm is freely disseminating the information so long as other key information (energy work, etc.) is lacking.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundmatrix2009
are spell books real and if so where are they now, are there gate opening spells that open doors to the other side may it be evil or good, or dont they exist, i just wonder because i have a whole bunch of books, spells etc, they are just interesting, the necronomicon, is it real or fake , or the book of the dead etc etc, just interesting......

Three to try: The Egyptian Book Of The Dead, The necronimicon, and The Lesser Key Of Solomon... good luck.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

yea like you know these creepy cultists that if they look at you,you may suddenly vomit...yea people like that exist,i dont know how they do it,all i know is most of them are satanic as hell.
the book i read had ALL SORTS of magic stuff.
from puting your bloods in runes and sending them as a curse
from creating your own guardian entity (the part that screwed me in the head)
to REAL texts for use as summoning and vanishing,the text included demonic names and prayers (creepy as hell)
to explanations about all the hexagrams,octagrams and what they mean (sacred geometry)
and the stuff in the book are real,its a pink book named "the new age mag" i wrote a thread about it,where i was searching for it,i even found the writer's site,lots of creepy info in it,you can check it out but be warned..
i actualy throwed the book away in the trash of fear and anger couse it screwed me,and im sorry...i wish i had this book again..maybe some day i can find it
i meen cmon how rare is to have a real magic book in your home,actualy this is exactly what the op is looking for

www.donaldtyson.com...
here you are man,even lots of info in the site but be warned...

Hey thanks for the link...I never even knew about this book before and I have been studying this stuff for a long long time.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
double post I don't know why?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

well,its not that all magic is satanic,i dont think that,but there are lots of wiccan teen girls spaming curses all over the place,and wicca..is kinda of a horned one religion.
i was being sarcastic when i mentioned "satanic as hell" couse well lots of magic is connected to pentagram stuff...i dont believe that even magic connected with the use of pentagram is satanic..it depends

I simply must put in my .02 here. Okay, much like any other religion that took over other religions back in the day, christians took the "pagan" not wiccan;actually wiccan is a new word for the religion; horned God and turned him into a "devil" and turned many of the local deities and turned them into demons, such as Lillith and many others, some even were turned into saints, believe it or not, in christianity, like Brigid (Said BREED) becoming st. Bridget. Just for your information. But that's how they manipulated the general public against the practice of these native nature religions.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If you have the knowledge and capability of making practical use of any of those spell books, you might as well come up with your own "spells," because I'm sure they would work just as well if not better.

I sometimes read through spell books, just for creative ideas, to inspire my own imagination.

If you desire so many things, to make someone love you, for money, etc., 99% of the time these desires work in direct contradiction to the natural laws that you are trying to use here. Being selfish is always a no-go when it comes to spirituality, in fact it is destructive whether "spirituality" is even being considered or not. You can still achieve those things, but if you seek those things in particular solely for your own benefit, brick wall. Because you do not understand. They don't matter. The forces and energies that do matter are what achieve those things in the end anyway. And why do you hardly ever hear of miraculous abilities, even when there appear to be very solid cases if you look for them? Because the people who can achieve such and such don't care for a lot of money and media attention, because their minds have already changed long ago for them to be able to even approach these things. In the far East, if you were a monk, you would be bound to be scolded for desiring that nonsense. We may only remember 2 or 3 headlines from 5 years ago, in 200 years the highlights of our age will simply be a historical triviality. Mass media and even the formal educational system is a business, and a very corrupt and perverse one at that. There is so much more to life. There can always be more to life!!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well, spell books are called "book of shadows" and every witch has their own book of shadows with their own "recipes" if you want to call it that, for different spells.

Just look it up online and see what kind of stuff you come up with

most of it seems phony, but some of them seem pretty in depth. If you are looking to cast spells though, be careful. People who dont know what they are doing can end up in a heap of trouble

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by soundmatrix2009

Take you a trip to New Orleans, you can find what you are looking for there I am sure. Or you can simply go to this link and there are some free spells to check out!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

are spell books real and if so where are they now, are there gate opening spells that open doors to the other side may it be evil or good, or dont they exist, i just wonder because i have a whole bunch of books, spells etc, they are just interesting, the necronomicon, is it real or fake , or the book of the dead etc etc, just interesting......

Three to try: The Egyptian Book Of The Dead, The necronimicon, and The Lesser Key Of Solomon... good luck.

The Necronimicon is a fictional book written by HP Lovecraft(of Cthulhu fame). It's fictional. Period.

And The Lesser Key of Solomon is from the 17th century, and not written by Solomon(a rather glaring error is the use of anachronistic nobility titles assigned to the demons); at least it isn't supposed to be fictional, though. So YMMV on this one.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Core90

The Necronimicon is a fictional book written by HP Lovecraft(of Cthulhu fame). It's fictional. Period.

And The Lesser Key of Solomon is from the 17th century, and not written by Solomon(a rather glaring error is the use of anachronistic nobility titles assigned to the demons); at least it isn't supposed to be fictional, though. So YMMV on this one.

It doesn't matter if it's fictional what it has in it is useful, nonetheless. Even homemade spells work it's all in the energy you put behind it. I know someone else who has used the necronomicon and had some positive effects, I myself won't, but I beleive the person really did invoke something. I trust this person to be telling the truth. It's all words until you manifest energy behind them, keep that in mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My boyfriend has a good collection of them. I've got one or two by Silver Ravenwolf but she's kind of annoying. I really recommend Isaac Bonewits or Deborah Lipp more. They're just personal faves of mine. Laurie Cabot is also a traditional source.

Yeah yeah yeah. It's mostly meditation and focusing work. But if the shoe fits...

I do not use them.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Core90

The book might be fiction but that doesn't matter. The focus and attention these symbols & spells get out of the books popularity gives it enough energy to be practical if you wanted to use them.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
yea but still there is a diference between made up spells and real spells done by the book,usualy the book spells are more powerfull right?
im really in a mood to read books like this too,but where do i find...maybe mininova.
i know from a closs friend that when u do spells,theres a law that the spells effect returns 3 times stronger to you,but there IS a way to negate that effect or to put it in other people

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ok, do spells work...I think so as long as the spell caster is of centered body and mind at the time of spell casting. it takes a whole lot more than just chanting some rhymes to get the outcome you want, you must have a clear intended outcome, sometimes even an intedned time frame to achieve said outcome. in some cases you need tools such as candles, incense, and oils, and depending on the spell it needs to be cast at cetain times of the lunar cycle. It takes lots of practice and sometimes the spell caster will not get the intended result, this is not a failed spell but a failed intent.

so does the spell book work...depends on how you use it.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by twosandman]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join