It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are spell books real and where are they now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
are spell books real and if so where are they now, are there gate opening spells that open doors to the other side may it be evil or good, or dont they exist, i just wonder because i have a whole bunch of books, spells etc, they are just interesting, the necronomicon, is it real or fake , or the book of the dead etc etc, just interesting......

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by soundmatrix2009

Spells and incantations do work but it takes a good deal of time to learn to do them properly. Join a coven to learn as it's not something you will be able to do alone unless you've been a witch previously and a very good one at that. I'm not actually sure I'd start messing with such things just now, owing to the erratic energies on the planet currently.

Your name indicates that you probably do have understanding of magick somewhere in your past.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
There is no such thing as magic anymore

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Spell books do still exist and are in abundance on the internet.
I managed to find a few a little while ago and have them on my hard drive.

I believe that they do work if you and the person you are placing the spell upon actually convince themselves that they are true spells.

Anyway, if you are interested, drop me a line and I will be happy to send you a couple of books.

Best Regards to you all.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by soundmatrix2009
are spell books real and if so where are they now, are there gate opening spells that open doors to the other side may it be evil or good, or dont they exist, i just wonder because i have a whole bunch of books, spells etc, they are just interesting, the necronomicon, is it real or fake , or the book of the dead etc etc, just interesting......

Nope, they aren't real, none of them - they are all made up.

Specifically, the Necronomicon was never "real" - it was a creation of HP Lovecraft from one of his many stories.

The current 'publication' of a Necronomicon (black cover, red/neon lines) with supposed spells is fake and completely made up, using the HP Lovecraft mythos to their [publisher] advantage to sell a load of tripe

[edit on 18-8-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

If you believe they work. They do. If not. They don't. They are just words on a page, albeit very old words on a page.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
In my opinion the best spells are the ones you create yourself. There are plenty of books with spells and rituals, but just reading the words off of a page is not likely to do much.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by kitfox]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
There are plenty of spell books and grimoire books on the internet and Amazon. Many of the spells do work but it is all a matter of belief. There is also a great deal of rubbish out there so beware.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
what is "real?" what is not "real?"

many, many systems will bring results that most would consider to be "real."

along time ago, books were a way to store information. nothing more, nothing less.

however, that has be swallowed up and in its place is marketing..... authors of our day know what sells and what does not.

the written words that can have the "most" impact are 99% of the time the ones people dismiss, or altogether overlook. if maintaining knowledge is the true goal of a writer, he will not need to go into fanciful tales of "sphere-walking," or what abominations await should you make a superficial mistake. this often includes ritualistic absurdities, and hierarchical nonsense.

however, how can something be "true" if it does not invoke excitement, the unknown, or what society considers taboo within the fist 3 pages only to be deemed so "advanced" that no one will even dare try or risk being torn limb from limb for mispronouncing a word.

there are much better places to look for something of substance in relation to systems of spiritual growth.

i wholeheartedly suggest a steady diet of meditation and poetry and the combination of the two.
you just might be surprised!

cheers,
AA

[edit on 18-8-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I wouldn't recommend using spellbooks, unless their in a videogame,
heh, but seriously those occult spellbooks can only lead to negative
experiences, if you want to fill your life with the negative nobody can
stop you though.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

I wouldn't recommend using spellbooks, unless their in a videogame,
heh, but seriously those occult spellbooks can only lead to negative
experiences, if you want to fill your life with the negative nobody can
stop you though.

i agree. if someone is not aware of all implications by opening a door that was previously closed, it can have terrible, long lasting results usually in the form of "mental illness" or "emotional distress."

these are not things to be taken lightly. if someone suddenly "saw" in one instant what took me 20+ years of methodical study, and daily meditation (just to name 2) what do you think would happen to them mentally?
once these doors are opened, they remain open for our benefit or not.

just some food for thought.....

cheers,
AA

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
i give u a star and a flag but take my CAUTION!
listen to the guy hes right! when i was younger i found a real magic book, the "new age mag" and i got exactly mental problems and fears from it,the book literaly messed me up in the head it was horrible.
books are cool,but u have to have strong open mind before reading

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
So, you guys who are saying these things work, what sort of "spells" did you cast?

Are we talking things like "levitation" or "invisibility" or less obvious like, "better luck" or "finding true love" ?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
So, you guys who are saying these things work, what sort of "spells" did you cast?

Are we talking things like "levitation" or "invisibility" or less obvious like, "better luck" or "finding true love" ?

i do not/have not worked natural influence for personal gain (or "cast spell"). usually the only thing you will read or hear about levitation/invisibility are based on movies, or some armchair theorist who will never gain inner knowledge.

invisibility and the like are for people concerned with stoking their ego and nothing more. someone with a true understanding of occult things will not tease the ego with that nonsense. ego is hard enough to get rid of without things like levitation or invisibility......

oh and "love spells" are flirting with free will. i do not know of 1 truly positive outcome from any work that influences someones emotions/free will.

of course all of the above is relative to your world view..so take it for what you will............

just food for thought

cheers,
AA

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
yea like you know these creepy cultists that if they look at you,you may suddenly vomit...yea people like that exist,i dont know how they do it,all i know is most of them are satanic as hell.
the book i read had ALL SORTS of magic stuff.
from puting your bloods in runes and sending them as a curse
from creating your own guardian entity (the part that screwed me in the head)
to REAL texts for use as summoning and vanishing,the text included demonic names and prayers (creepy as hell)
to explanations about all the hexagrams,octagrams and what they mean (sacred geometry)
and the stuff in the book are real,its a pink book named "the new age mag" i wrote a thread about it,where i was searching for it,i even found the writer's site,lots of creepy info in it,you can check it out but be warned..
i actualy throwed the book away in the trash of fear and anger couse it screwed me,and im sorry...i wish i had this book again..maybe some day i can find it
i meen cmon how rare is to have a real magic book in your home,actualy this is exactly what the op is looking for

www.donaldtyson.com...
here you are man,even lots of info in the site but be warned...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
yea like you know these creepy cultists that if they look at you,you may suddenly vomit...yea people like that exist,i dont know how they do it,all i know is most of them are satanic as hell.
the book i read had ALL SORTS of magic stuff.
from puting your bloods in runes and sending them as a curse
from creating your own guardian entity (the part that screwed me in the head)
to REAL texts for use as summoning and vanishing,the text included demonic names and prayers (creepy as hell)
to explanations about all the hexagrams,octagrams and what they mean (sacred geometry)
and the stuff in the book are real,its a pink book named "the new age mag" i wrote a thread about it,where i was searching for it,i even found the writer's site,lots of creepy info in it,you can check it out but be warned..
i actualy throwed the book away in the trash of fear and anger couse it screwed me,and im sorry...i wish i had this book again..maybe some day i can find it
i meen cmon how rare is to have a real magic book in your home,actualy this is exactly what the op is looking for

www.donaldtyson.com...
here you are man,even lots of info in the site but be warned...

by your use of the phrase "satanic as hell" i'm lead to believe that your belief of satan/satanism is judeo-christian influenced and anything that might be considered secret must be of the devil? correct me if i'm wrong and i'm not trying to pick a fight here so please no bashing.

i have posted plenty of what that term truly means. it has nothing to do with demon worship, satan worship, or any of that nonsense. so, i'm not going to get into it again......

its actually not that rare to have possession of what might be considered some kind of shifty spirit work.

most look at them every day and never know it.

cheers,
AA

edit to add-
cultist are creepy so please dont confuse me with one.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
well,its not that all magic is satanic,i dont think that,but there are lots of wiccan teen girls spaming curses all over the place,and wicca..is kinda of a horned one religion.
i was being sarcastic when i mentioned "satanic as hell" couse well lots of magic is connected to pentagram stuff...i dont believe that even magic connected with the use of pentagram is satanic..it depends

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
lol sorry i thought i just entered the comedy club....
spell books indeed lol ..join a coven magic is real...oh please...
thousands of years ago when the human language was still in its infancy lies foundatin of the myth of the spellbook. Though spoken words was obviously common writing them down wasnt. When scholars who were often called wizards or mages of the mystic arts wrote down thier findings on paper or anything else that did the same trick. It was widely thought that these texts held magical powers to those who could read them..etc etc u beginning to see the picture yet?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
no,im too tired to think of that,but to the op he should google gygas code,and read the part about spells,some genuine looking magic tricks explained there,i dont know how real it is,maybe the transcription is false and a lie

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The reason I ask is because things like "true love" or "luck & fortune" related spells can be.. well, very much like a placebo effect.

For example, something that supposedly increases your luck or chances at finding love are things which you yourself control.

So the act of performing these 'rituals' may not actually do anything in the 'magic' sense but might appear to have an effect because they themselves have accomplished this via belief in the action.

Not bashing anyone, of course. But I think if spell books actually worked as they depict on the tin, then they'd be used everyday to incredible results.

I think the 'real magic' is hidden/undeveloped abilities of the human mind. And maybe some of these people who managed to achieved these 'magical' results years ago, were at a developed level of mind that woudl appear as 'magic'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join