It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons and conspiracy theories

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This list is not an accurate one. For example, it falsely claims that George Washington, Billy Graham, and Robert Schuller were (are) 33� Masons.
It is true that Washington was a Mason, but he was not a member of the Scottish Rite (in Washington's day, the Scottish Rite 33� did not even exist).

Neither Graham or Schuller are Masons, although they are sometimes falsely claimed to be.

However, it is true that Buzz Aldrin is a 33� Scottish Rite Mason. He's also a York Rite Mason and a Shriner.

I haven't had time to read every name on the rest of the list, but most of it looks reasonably accurate.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hmm...I just went to that site and saw only that Washington was a Mason, not a 33rd degree Mason.

How can we confirm that Graham and Shuler aren't Masons?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Both Grahm and Schuler have stated publically that they are not masons...

More, the question should be: Can you prove they ARE masons... supposition in the vacuum of facts is not a fact.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

French freemasons gave this statue to the states. There is another Statue of liberty in France.

For charity workers and 'normal' people you certain do some 'big' things. I don't know about NWO but now I think HIGH freemasons are practising an ancient form of.....something!!

All these symbols, meanings, dress, rituals cannot be for nothing. They do SOMETHING!!!

Masonic tracing boards are pretty far out too. Things are put in place to mean something. Why do masons use the all seeing eye in some tracing boards and in Lodges? why is that same eye on the dollar bill? 2 different groups using the same symbol for 2 different things? why is there a lot of egyptian symbols used when it was founded in Austria? why why why??

[edit on 5-8-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

For charity workers and 'normal' people you certain do some 'big' things. I don't know about NWO but now I think HIGH freemasons are practising an ancient form of.....something!!

All these symbols, meanings, dress, rituals cannot be for nothing. They do SOMETHING!!!

[edit on 5-8-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

Yes you are correct, we do BIG things, BIG POSITIVE THINGS. All our symbols, regalia, and rituals do in fact mean many things, we've never denied that. The problem we have is when people ignorantly and falsely claim and assume they mean negative things, when they do not.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

French freemasons gave this statue to the states. There is another Statue of liberty in France.

No, the people of France gave the statue, the funds for the pedestal were raised here in the states.

History of the Statue of Liberty.

I think "HIGH" Freemasons are practicing something, something illegal, most Masons who imbibe are beer and whiskey types (I'm a wino myself).

They are part of the fraternity, are you looking for a decoder ring, or some kind of "put together" weapon ala James Bond?

Masonic tracing boards are pretty far out too. Things are put in place to mean something. Why do masons use the all seeing eye in some tracing boards and in Lodges? why is that same eye on the dollar bill? 2 different groups using the same symbol for 2 different things? why is there a lot of egyptian symbols used when it was founded in Austria? why why why??

Abandon all research, make outlandish claims, then demand explanation, you will go far in politics. The "All Seeing Eye" represents Deity (fun part: you get to fill in the blank), since most organizations recognize Deity, the symbol often appears (if you could only find two, you're not trying). As to Austria, what was founded in Austria? Do you mean the Illuminati? Shhhhh.... they no longer exist.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Masons are one of the largest fraternities on the planet. Almost everyone knows at least one Mason and many know a lot of them.

How can anyone believe that Masons are trying to take over the world, worship rocks or whatever, and kill little children.

This is the most incredible crock I've ever heard. The Masonic Order is a charitable fellowship made up of men who worship God. Nothing more. An athiest, satanist, criminal, mad man or anyone who wishes to overthrow the government cannot be a Mason - and if one of those ever somehow sneaked in under the radar, he would be thrown out.

Give it a rest.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Mirthful me and Konshu,

Thanks for the replies.

So Mirthful me, you reckon HIGH freemasons practise something or was that sarcasam I didn't get?
. What gives you this impression and what is it? have you seen or got the 'impression' first hand that it happens or do you just conclude like I am doing with all these piccys etc?

Also I know the seeing eye is on a lot more but I only fancied naming 2 things. To me the 33 in the capstone means that when you get to the 33rd degree you become seperated from 'the rest' of the 'Pyrimid' and see all things (whatever they may be). Would you consider that a far out claim? can ANYONE make 33rd degree or do you need to fill certain elements?

Personally I think the occult is practised at the highest level. Call it mystic arts, magic, but one thing is for sure, they don't play monopoly!!!

Oh yeah. Illuminati doesn't exsist. SSSSSsshhhhh he will support our cause SSSshhhhh

[edit on 6-8-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So Mirthful me, you reckon HIGH freemasons practise something or was that sarcasam I didn't get?

I think he meant Freemasons who are HIGH would be doing something illegal, get it?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

. What gives you this impression and what is it? have you seen or got the 'impression' first hand that it happens or do you just conclude like I am doing with all these piccys etc?

7C, if you search through the Masonic threads over the last three months you will find a treasure trove of knowledge on the subject of Masonic hierarchy (none posted by me of course, but ML, AK, JCM, K, L, S, and TD have contributed mightily). There isn't a collective of "HIGH" Masons, each Grand Lodge has its own autonomous leadership, which is presided over by a Grand Master (an elected position that usually lasts 1-2 years), the Grand Master is the final arbiter of all things Masonic within his Grand Lodge; Potentates, 33rds, Grand Commanders, all have to abide by the basic tenets of Masonry, which are the purview of the Masonic Grand Lodge. Finally, the Sublime Degree of Master Mason is the highest Degree that can be conferred on any person (some people like to add "this side of paradise); this is nonnegotiable, end of line.

Also I know the seeing eye is on a lot more but I only fancied naming 2 things. To me the 33 in the capstone means that when you get to the 33rd degree you become seperated from 'the rest' of the 'Pyrimid' and see all things (whatever they may be). Would you consider that a far out claim? can ANYONE make 33rd degree or do you need to fill certain elements?

Ah yes, the reoccurring obsession with "33"; the 33rd Degree is an honorary degree conferred upon Scottish Rite Masons who have demonstrated zeal, good work, and performed faithful service to that concordant body; in Masonry the only limit is your participation and effort . The "capstone" you refer to is more like an all purpose triangle, containing not only the oft referenced "33", but also the more common "32" for the 32nd Degree, and also the "Yod" symbol of the 14th Degree. If you doubt this, look at a couple of websites that have Masonic jewelry (a cornucopia of symbols, all shiny, and glittery).

Personally I think the occult is practised at the highest level. Call it mystic arts, magic, but one thing is for sure, they don't play monopoly!!!

You are quite correct, they play golf, a far more sinister, and arcane discipline.

Oh yeah. Illuminati doesn't exsist. SSSSSsshhhhh he will support our cause SSSshhhhh

No, really, they don't.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well I have learnt alot. thanks very much.

I wish I could be enlightened one day......!

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ah-ha!

Yes, I have returned after wasting all that time merely serving the public as a volounteer at an inner-city school. Yes, School's Out For Summer! Now, instead of spending my time trying to provide affection and guidance to grade-school kids with lower self-esteem, I can provide terror and sarcasm to people who only write like they're in grade school! Yes, I said that! Why? Well... the joke was worth people thinking I'm a jerk

Anyway, seriously now. I'm back, and what do I see? The same old bloody arguments about how 33rd degree members of the Scottish Rite know what's "really" going on. My goodness, MM, ML, etc., how have you coped for so long?

Let me lay it out for you. I know a lot of 33rd degree SR members. They're all pretty nice guys. I'm also on the Scottish Rite Leadership Council for my province. If there is a conspiracy it's so subtle that it has absolutely no affect on the leadership of local SR Valleys. A conspiracy which has no affect on the actual society is what? Yes, an ineffective conspiracy! So, if this putative conspiracy exists, it is utterly impotent.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Actually, I've never seen Orlan Weber, the Sovereign Grand Commander for the Scottish Rite (that's who you mean when you say "33rd degree," sweetie... we're actually a separate organisation from craft Masonry, but let's not let that get in the way of our wild conspiracy theory, shall we?) play monopoly, it's true. See, he's a friend of mine. I've had dinner at his house. Did I see satanic symbols? Well, no, not exactly. I did see a picture titled "He is risen" started by one of his his grandchildren, I believe in Sunday school. What? Shock! Yes, he's a devout Lutheran! You know what else? He's dedicated himself to providing free schools for children with Dyslexia! Well, the satanism must occur when he's not to busy spending time with his family, going to church, trying to establish charities against the resistance of apathy (I recently walked 5 kilometers with him in the rain to try to raise money for the dyslexia centres... it was just me, him, and two other Scottish Rite Masons. He didn't have to walk... he was sponsoring himself, he could have just given the money. He walked anyway, because he wanted to support the cause), or trying to run a country-wide fraternal organisation dedicated to the brotherhood of humanity and the fatherhood of the Deity.

As for games, I understand he likes cribbage and bridge, but he doesn't get much time to play these days, what with, you know, trying to make the world a better place for people who constantly sling mud at him and call him a satanist.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Ah-ha!

Yes, I have returned after wasting all that time merely serving the public as a volounteer at an inner-city school. Yes, School's Out For Summer! Now, instead of spending my time trying to provide affection and guidance to grade-school kids with lower self-esteem, I can provide terror and sarcasm to people who only write like they're in grade school! Yes, I said that! Why? Well... the joke was worth people thinking I'm a jerk

Anyway, seriously now. I'm back, and what do I see? The same old bloody arguments about how 33rd degree members of the Scottish Rite know what's "really" going on. My goodness, MM, ML, etc., how have you coped for so long?

Let me lay it out for you. I know a lot of 33rd degree SR members. They're all pretty nice guys. I'm also on the Scottish Rite Leadership Council for my province. If there is a conspiracy it's so subtle that it has absolutely no affect on the leadership of local SR Valleys. A conspiracy which has no affect on the actual society is what? Yes, an ineffective conspiracy! So, if this putative conspiracy exists, it is utterly impotent.

Plenty of Troll hack, and slay on the Secret Societies Board, just take the time to go through the Archives and see what has transpired.

You will also notice that JCM managed to acquire one of the "Rings", a boon to the Brotherhood (we do have to plot as to usurping the remaining ones), but now when the "Fox Maidens" are around he just flashes it and ... well... you know... the rest of us regular "Reptiles" are left out in the cold.

Hope you marked the really juicy, and tender grade-schoolers during your scouting mission, we have a "Company" BBQ, and you know how those 33rd Degree types are if the "savory fare" is tough and chewy (I think they are getting soft, and toothless).

p.s. Your reports are overdue, offensive begins soon, and you misspelled �volunteer�.

[edit on 6/8/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Alex~~
I'm so glad to see you back in the trenches at ATS. It just wasn't the same here without you.
Now, let's see if we can root out any new trolls, shall we

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Alex~~
I'm so glad to see you back in the trenches at ATS. It just wasn't the same here without you.

Heh, Sis., I'm sure you can all do fine without me. As MM says, if I was a superhero, I'd be "Bitterman," a masked avenger dedicated to being generally irritated without actually actively hating anyone
Just because I browbeat the opposition into silence doesn't make me the winner

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Alex~~

Heh, Sis., I'm sure you can all do fine without me.

Alex... I take it that the eggs made it safely to the home planet?

Welcome back, your journey must have been very long. The wine is in the cellar!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
Alex... I take it that the eggs made it safely to the home planet?

Welcome back, your journey must have been very long. The wine is in the cellar!

Finally! I hope you have some "Blood of the Innocent" Merlot '97? There's nothing I enjoy more after a long day of ensuring that the weak are opressed and the strong exalted!

(That was satire, by the way, you crazy folks).

[edit on 7-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think there is more to the masons then just donating money for scholarships and all that good stuff. No offense or anything! My grandpa is a mason and when i asked him about it he was very shady about it..... is there more to it?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty924
I think there is more to the masons then just donating money for scholarships and all that good stuff. No offense or anything! My grandpa is a mason and when i asked him about it he was very shady about it..... is there more to it?

There's lots more to it! There is donating money, but there's also donating time and effort, volunteering, and also personal, mental and spiritual self-improvement. Constant learning is probably, for me the biggest part. Then there's of course the brotherhood and comeradery. A great group of brothers that will see you through any hard times you may go through, a chosen family, if you will. This can all be summed up into what are known as the principal tenets of Freemasonry: BROTHERLY LOVE, RELIEF AND TRUTH.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join