It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Alex Jones a scaremonger?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Neo_Serf

AJ has simply been reading the elites own playbook for many years

He twists things to support his claims. As we agree, the indicators of a collapse were there for anyone with foresight to see.

I believe the point being made, however, is that Alex DID see it, and as you say, he saw it coming because he read the indicators correctly. Unlike the talking heads in the MSM, unlike Rush Limbaugh and the assorted denizens of conservative talk radio, unlike most newspaper columnists.

Alex Jones doesn't claim to be revealing "insider" information. He pulls some of his facts from FOIA documents, but most of it from buried and forgotten stories in America's daily newspapers, much of it right off page one. You may claim that he is "twisting" those stories to put his own spin on them, but that is hardly a treacherous or criminal act. We all do it with everything we watch and read.

Above all, Alex is a dot-connector. He recognizes common threads and themes in the news and then researches official, reputable sources to trace those themes backward in history to find what context they have, whether they are common events or unusual, and then projects that information forward into the near future. Certainly, he looks for the stories that are incongruent with the insipid, feel-good pablum trotted out on the television every day, but that is what any thinking person would do. Unless of course one believes that everything going down in the world is just as the TV tells it, in which case one would naturally ignore stories that stick out like a turd in the tapioca bowl.

He does shout and rant, but then again, there is much to be angry about in the world. Much to be angry about in this country of ours as well. He is disturbed by both the events of today and the historical contexts that validate them, and he seeks to inform and warn his listeners and viewers of dangers that may lie ahead. Is he right all the time? Of course not. No one who identifies trends ever is. But his documentation and historical fact-finding is spot on. Each of us will filter that information through our own experiences and assumptions, and often come up with different projections of what it means. If we don't, then we become mindless fools of one sort or another, but mindless fools all the same.

Have any of you naysayers done the hours of time-consuming research to refute his facts, or discolor his historical documentation? If so, then you've failed to show any evidence of it here. Alex Jones is no more or less than a source of information to help us contextualize a rapidly changing and increasingly disturbing world. Where he differs from most, including William Cooper, is that he provides documentation for his ideas and provides a way for his supporters and detractors to understand why he says the things he says.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™

Is Alex Jones a mental case? Or does he make himself and followers ,appear like it, in order to descredit whatever is left of this kinda sort of "truth" -BOGUS movement? You tell me.

He's too over the top for me, and doesn't question Israel enough.

Obviously satire and sarcasm are not your mother tongue. The act and the makeup are a form of dramatic representation known as "parody." The apparent contradiction in his manner and his message are deliberate, in order to lend greater impact to the message. It can be very effective, especially when competing with sensationalist tripe that desensitizes the audience in the hope of making them complacent.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Anyone here listen to his New Year's Eve show that the article references to?

I admit, I'm more partial to Cooper than AJ. But after listening to that Y2K show, AJ lost credibility on my side.

The more I researched on the man - with an open mind - the fishier he came to look in my eyes. The Bohemian Grove tapes were enough to convict him for fraud in my arena.

But this is America, and opinions are like... yeah, so to each their own.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by without_prejudice

I know what a parody is, but seeing as there isn't much of a change to his usual self, my judgment remains, he is too over the top.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
He might not always be 100% acuurate,but he does get alot of it right I believe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join