It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Alex Jones a scaremonger?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i agree about that posting over at prisonplanet or infowars statement you made its hectic over there i dont even bother anymore
so much garbage its nasty

about Bill cooper alex actually adressed it on today's show
about him being a scammer b/c he is trying to make money thats ridiculous its the guy's job he has a huge operation runs it legitly i think he has every right to have sponsors,to make Tshirts ,sell DVD's, MoneyBombs w/e
i dont see how he is bad just for selling things
finally Its Not about Alex Jones Or Bill Cooper Its About the issues w/e it may be (GMO,Vaccines,Guns,a possible Global Dictatorship, .....ETC)
Frankly I Think the Man deserves some Type of award for Endgame that has to be one of the most powerful documentaries Ever created just amazing flick

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pay4dadro

Boy how I wish people here would apply the same skepticism they apply to the "MSM" would apply that same skepticism across the board to every so called news outlet, not just the particular ones that suit them to question.......... Thank you for illustrating why.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yep, I used to be a die-hard listener of AJ but lately I only listen to him sparingly. He has become way to fanatical for my tastes. However, he is entitled to his own views and opinions, but I think he should tone down the shock and awe persona. He is just to animated for me to take seriously. Maybe he should refrain from the over-caffeinated beverages before doing his show?

However, it is undeniable that the man has loyal following and that should garner the respect of his critics. Apparently, he is saying something that is striking a chord in his listeners. I mainly listen to his show for entertainment purposes because he can sure weave an interesting story. People shouldn't take him seriously that's all and a lot of his sources seem shoddy to say the least.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
After digging into some of the source material AJs provided us with, and watching the economic collapse unfold which has been long predicted by AJ and others, its become impossible for me to deny the existence of the NWO as a reality that we will have to deal with and not some fantasy that would be so nice to be able to dismiss.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

That is because anyone with enough foresight could have foreseen the collapse.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pay4dadro

Ok, I looked over what I said about the selling of t-shirts and all of that and I do admit I think I was being too harsh about that. I still don't like the fact that he's having so many moneybombs though lately. Sure, when he was doing it annually, like he was I think it was fine, but having him do it so closely together now makes me suspicious. I could be completely wrong and he really just wants the money to build his operation so that he can get his info out to more people, but asking for this money and then pulling off the whole joker debacle makes me wonder if he really wants to get as many people on board as possible. I will agree with you that the issues are of the most importance here, but if there's the possibility that he's not giving us all the information or is purposely lying to us, wouldn't you want to know. I want to dig and find the truth, so I take what he says with a grain of salt and add it to my own personal research and what others say from all sides. I've noticed lately too that there's been a lot of fluff stories that have been showing up on his website that really shouldn't be up there if he wants to get real news out. Not to mention the one story when they were talking about all the people in the know doing the satanic hand sign, but you didn't see the photo of Alex or Ron Paul doing that exact hand signal, so they pick and choose who to put in there. It seems to me that a lot of the listeners of his show are just waiting for the next false flag attack to happen so that they can start the revolution/civil war, whatever. My personal belief is that we're not going to get anywhere if violence is used. I know he says time and time again that he wants it to be peaceful, but I'm looking far down the road and if we keep this cycle of violence going, we're only going to end up in the same exact spot in a few years where the people go back to sleep and the ones in power start taking advantage of it again. I'm all for fighting against these people, but I will not take up arms against them. I'll fight using my mouth and myself as an example to people. Violence will only keep the wheels spinning.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

So we agree that AJ has foresight?

Watching Daniel Estulin in Endgame call the collapse due to subprime a full two years before it happened when it was considered unthinkable by the msm really solidified it for me. But it wasnt foresight or prophecy that allowed Estulin and Jones to predict the future, it was the IMFs own documents that have discussed 'demand destruction' of the western economies for many years, and Estulins own sources inside Bilderberg that would reveal the exact mechanism for the collapse.

AJ has simply been reading the elites own playbook for many years and that is why he has been proven far more accurate than the msm who read off a teleprompter. Perhaps he is a 'fearmonger' or whatever, but I personally find the prospect of a worldwide technocratic dictatorship at very least a reason for concern cuz' I know a bit of history and I can see how this might all turn out if we refuse to hear the cries of those on the watchtower.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Neo_Serf]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
double post

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Having foresight doesn't mean that what he claims is true or that he has some sort of insider knowledge.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The information he points to is hardly insider as he tries to source most of what he speaks about on air. Its public information thats not widely publicized. Following his links and leads and I end up on Whitehouse.gov, United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations.org, countless mainstream sources, mainline studies, IMF documents, historical texts like the extremely revealing 'Tragedy and Hope', sections of John Holdrens 'Ecoscience', official DHS reports and much, much more.

Definitely not insider info to anyone who cares to look.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

AJ has simply been reading the elites own playbook for many years

He twists things to support his claims. As we agree, the indicators of a collapse were there for anyone with foresight to see.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Everyone twists to a certain extent but in the end this isnt about Alex Jones and his presentation style, which I would argue is necessary to wake the slumbering masses to a degree. In the end this is about the raw information he provides and our own personal interpretations and reactions to the wealth of info he lays down if we decide its credible.

Forget AJ, how about John P Holdren calling for a totaltarian planetary regieme to carry out population reduction? Somehow this kind of knowlege makes us dickering about if AJ spins or not seem kinda petty.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Which are claims that Alex Jones makes.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

No, actually they are the claims of Obamas science Czar, John Holdren, in his lengthy text 'Ecoscience'.

"Toward a Planetary Regime
Perhaps those agencies, combined with UNEP and the United Nations population agencies, might eventually be developed into a Planetary Regime—sort of an international superagency for population, resources, and environment. Such a comprehensive Planetary Regime could control the development, administration, conservation, and distribution of all natural resources, renewable or nonrenewable, at least insofar as international implications exist. Thus the Regime could have the power to control pollution not only in the atmosphere and oceans, but also in such freshwater bodies as rivers and lakes that cross international boundaries or that discharge into the oceans. The Regime might also be a logical central agency for regulating all international trade, perhaps including assistance from DCs to LDCs, and including all food on the international market.

The Planetary Regime might be given responsibility for determining the optimum population for the world and for each region and for arbitrating various countries' shares within their regional limits. Control of population size might remain the responsibility of each government, but the Regime would have some power to enforce the agreed limits. "

zombietime.com...

You can get full sections of the book online for free if that source doesnt satisfy.

This became a national story, and like the DHS reports, it was broke by none other than Alex Jones. I'm really not sure you could twist that passage to be more sensational if you tried.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Would you Trust this man?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0c55ce95d58.gif[/atsimg]

Alex Jones is single-handedly destroying America...

Alex Jones has taken so much from us all...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e0c8d408b45.jpg[/atsimg]

It is a good thing that there are people like me who make the effort to inform and protect the fragile young minds, shielding them from the influence of Alex Jones.

Deny Ignorance People!

Bill Cooper said the following in his Book (and I think we all know who he was talking about) :

There is a Traitor in the patriot movement who provides the Secret Government with accurate names and addresses of patriots who will fight to protect and defend the Constitution.

-Bill Cooper, Pg 116, Behold a Pale Horse

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I like his show. What strikes me odd is why people characterize people who watch the Alex Jones show or listen to his show every day as his zombies or mindless pawns which he can do with as he pleases. I object to that. I am not his mindless pawn. I like listening to his show and I have my own opinions and I have my own way of seeing the world. Alex Jones has his own vision of the world. His analysis of news differs from mine. I don't think he's a scare-mongerer. I don't think he scares us enough. I mean, society is pretty bad already right now. People have no clue how bad it is, or, how to fix it. So, I say AJ doesn't really scare you enough really.

If you ever take a look at the prison planet forums, you can see they are all total AJ clones. Not a bad word can be said against Jones or any of his outlandish outbursts. I find it all a bit weird how devoted most of the posters are, almost religiosly following Jones without questioning.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Not a bad word can be said against Jones or any of his outlandish outbursts. I find it all a bit weird how devoted most of the posters are, almost religiosly following....

Sort of like ATS!

Notice how not a bad word is said about ATS or any of our zany staff?

And talk about member devotion - ATS has that too.

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The problem is much of what he says doesnt come true. He says what he says with a lot of conviction though and for a lot of sheep, ugh i mean people, the conviction with which he speaks is enough to convince them LOL.

Originally posted by crw2006
reply to post by jmanshiphop

I enjoy the AJ show, does he fear monger a bit? Yes I think he does to get his message across. Do I think he exagerates sometimes? Yes, but I still think his show is the best out there and a great alternative media source.
Wasnt Bill Cooper a bit of a paranoid nut case?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Would you Trust this man?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0c55ce95d58.gif[/atsimg]

Alex Jones is single-handedly destroying America...

Alex Jones has taken so much from us all...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e0c8d408b45.jpg[/atsimg]

It is a good thing that there are people like me who make the effort to inform and protect the fragile young minds, shielding them from the influence of Alex Jones.

Deny Ignorance People!

Bill Cooper said the following in his Book (and I think we all know who he was talking about) :

There is a Traitor in the patriot movement who provides the Secret Government with accurate names and addresses of patriots who will fight to protect and defend the Constitution.

-Bill Cooper, Pg 116, Behold a Pale Horse

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

Don't get me wrong, but didn't Bill Cooper change his thinking more then once during his life? Didn't his theories involve ETs working with the elites? Not saying that's good, bad, or wrong. Technically speaking Cooper was as much as more so a sensationalist then Jones.

Again to each their own.

What's a GIF say about a man? Nothing we didn't know. He's an animated person, whose over the top antics are a turn off to most. But again, I always feel that he does it to catch attention for the message. The message that foreign banks have taken control, and Americans need to wake up.

Jones is over the top, but again he's not destroying anything. He's on air, telling people things that are disturbing but come from valid sources/ guests.

If you choose to listen, then that's your choice. If not turn it off. How is this destroying America? Really? The MSM has destroyed America. The PTB are destroying America.

A radio host telling the listener about it. Not so much

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Is Alex Jones a mental case? Or does he make himself and followers ,appear like it, in order to descredit whatever is left of this kinda sort of "truth" -BOGUS movement? You tell me.

He's too over the top for me, and doesn't question Israel enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join