It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When YOU Die? (The real deal)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

What Happens When YOU Die? (The real deal)

therealspaceman.blogspot.com

When the ordinary person approaches death, usually his whole body becomes paralyzed, just as a part of your body sometimes “goes to sleep.” When your foot goes to sleep, you see it and you know that it is yours, but you cannot move or use it. So, at the approach of death, most people feel an entire paralysis, or a going-to-sleep state of the entire body – limbs, muscles, and even internal organs, including heart, lungs, and diaphragm.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by spacemanLive]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
In the beginning, the dying man is conscious of the slow falling asleep of the muscles and limbs. When the heart begins to grow numb, there is a sense of suffocation, because without heart action the lungs cannot operate. This sense of suffocation is a little painful for about one to three seconds, and causes a great fear of death. Because souls reincarnate many times, and necessarily have to experience death in passing from an old body into the body of a little child, they retain the memory of this feeling of suffocation and pain at death. This memory of pain causes fear of death...

Physical and Psychological States at Death

The ordinary man, at the time of death, experiences the following sensations:

1. Gradual numbness of the limbs, muscles, heart, lungs, and diaphragm.

2. During the spreading of numbness in the limbs and muscles, a sense of sadness, helplessness, and a desire to live, comes into the mind.

3. When the numbness reaches the heart muscles, a sense of pain and suffocation is experienced which cause an extreme fear of death. An attachment toward possessions and loved ones strongly comes upon the soul and cause extreme mental grief.

4. With the pain of suffocation, there is a great mental struggle to bring breath back again. At this time, a condensed review of all the good and bad actions of his lifetime comes up in the mind of the dying man. From this mental introspection comes the guiding tendency in determining the kind of birth the dying man will have in the next life.

Paramhansa Yogananda
The Wisdom Of Yogananda, Volume 2

therealspaceman.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[mod edit: added Required EX tags and clipped quoted content]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow...that was so deep

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
very inreresting...hopefully I will be able to read it amnd reply in detail as soon as I go, go, go , go as my son is demanding of me...haha

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thank you but a bit

ghoulish for me. I'd rather not know, or hear of fairies and angels on fluffy clouds, etc.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Man that was weird, but nice post.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The suffocation effect is false.

When I died the second time (first time was instant) I felt no suffication effect what so ever.

In fact jut the opposite. I was thinking to myself, "I don't think I'm breathing? I'm not holy smokes I don't even have the slightest inclination to breath. I could die here a painless death sweet this is the way I would want to go."

Then someone was yelling at me to breath so I finally started just to get him to shut up. When I started breathing is when I felt a lot of pain and a heaviness.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spacemanLive

I have heard it generally feels like "floating" away from your body as detachment sets in. But interesting none the less. I imagine this is the steps of a waking death via heart attack.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What is described above matches well to the experience, even if noted there would be variations from person to person. There is the experience where one 'dies laughing', yet I seem to get anxiety as I try to describe any reasons why. I have experienced both, so since my will to live overcame the experience, you could call the it near death, or just not even believe me (it doesn't matter to me, I'm just wanted to relate).

The trick is to breath and find a reason to live. At one point I gave up, and was given a reason to continue... hope. I didn't commit suicide or have any suicidal thoughts, yet there are times where one just let's go of everything.

Again, I repeat, the trick is to keep breathing...

[edit on 17-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You astral project, don't believe me? Too bad, its going to happen.

The really funny thing though, is that you don't die. =) That's the real deal.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I was in a car accident at the beginning of last year and basically ended up coming very close to death and all I remember feeling was the most overwhelming euphoria I could imagine. Now that I think about it that could have just been shock though.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
At the very least all death is ,is a type of amnesia. You fade out of one body to awaken in another..

Have you ever awoke from sleep not knowing who you are where you are? etc.. till the time comes when your brain fully awakes and memories start flooding in with the emotions asscociated with the memories.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by loner007]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
The suffocation effect is false.

When I died the second time (first time was instant) I felt no suffication effect what so ever.

In fact jut the opposite.

Sure, but you never died the first time, so how could you know what dying is like?
Don't tell me you did, because I am reading and responding to your post.

Problem is it's just all assumption, nobody that is dead told us what it is like.

It's like never having eaten a chocolate cake and describing the taste of what you once saw in the bake shop window.

Point I am making here is dead is dead, almost or close to death is not death.

You don't know what is false.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Point I am making here is dead is dead, almost or close to death is not death.

Not everybody sees death like you. Many of us see death as the separation of the body and soul. If you don't believe in the soul, then that probably explains why you say "dead is dead."

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Sorry, I meant physical death of the flesh. Weather or not their is a soul I don't really know, I'd like to think there is.

Dead to me is past the point of returning to the physical body when revival is no longer possible.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Your brain releases 5-MEO-'___' into your bloodstream. The effect is like suddenly accelerating to the speed of light a bit like the end of 2001 with a bright light at the end of the tunnel etc. Its totally earth shattering.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If the process of death is slow, but effective globally around the body, one of the first things to occur is a sensory and psychological detachment. That is to say, the higher cortical functioning of the brain ceases to receive proprioceptive signal data about the body, this is what causes the sense of detachment, the only other references point by which the ego remains extant is to memory, which is why there is the sense of life flash-back. Eventually, the electro-chemical energy dissipates to nothing, and the organism dies into total oblivion.

There is no life after death!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spacemanLive

Interesting stuff spacemanLive.

If you like Paramhansa Yogananda you may also like the works of the Tibetan, the Master D.K., a 5th Degree Master of Wisdom who wrote several books through His western counterpart, Alice A. Bailey. This is some of what He says of death:

I speak about Death as one who knows the matter from both the outer world experience and the inner life expression: There is no death. There is, as you know, entrance into fuller life. There is freedom from the handicaps of the fleshly vehicle. The rending process so much dreaded does not exist, except in the cases of violent and of sudden death, and then the only true disagreeables are an instant and overwhelming sense of imminent peril and destruction, and something closely approaching an electric shock. No more.

For the unevolved, death is literally a sleep and a forgetting, for the mind is not sufficiently awakened to react, and the storehouse of memory is as yet practically empty.

For the average good citizen, death is a continuance of the living process in his consciousness and a carrying forward of the interests and tendencies of the life. His consciousness and his sense of awareness are the same and unaltered. He does not sense much difference, is well taken care of, and oft is unaware that he has passed through the episode of death.

For the wicked and cruelly selfish, for the criminal and for those few who live for the material side only, there eventuates that condition which we call "earth-bound". The links they have forged with earth and the earthward bias of all their desires, force them to remain close to the earth and their last setting in the earth environment. They seek desperately and by every possible means to re-contact it and to re-enter. In a few cases, great personal love for those left behind or the non-fulfilment of a recognised and urgent duty, holds the good and beautiful in a somewhat similar condition.

For the aspirant, death is an immediate entrance into a sphere of service and of expression to which he is well accustomed and which he at once recognises as not new. In his sleeping hours he has developed a field of active service and of learning. He now simply functions in it for the entire twenty-four hours (talking in terms of physical plane time) instead of for his usual few hours of earthly sleep.

- A Treatise on White Magic, Djwhal Khul/Alice Bailey

Djwhal Khul also describes the sequence of events when we die a series of withdrawals. In this order, says He, we first seperate from our physical body, and then from our from etheric body (our physical-counter part), which then leads to the withdrawal from our astral or emotional body and finally to the withdrawal from our mental body, thus leaving the life forces centralized entirely in the soul.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I came across this site the other day. I have read every story (took over two hours), and I ended feeling numb. I was blown away. Matches closely to what the OP is referring to.

www.near-death.com...

I highly recommend reading at least a few of these. They are about Near Death Experiences.

About 10% are religious encounters, but the rest are about floating above your body (hearing and seeing everything for a few minutes - Earth-time) and feeling the most incredible euphoria and love imaginable. Then there is this going through some sort of tube at the speed of light (or faster). On the other side are light-beings who some interpret as angels, or beings in robes. Could be the higher-self or spirit guides

From there (this is going by everything I have read about this), the person telepathically has conversations with these beings.

These beings show the person their entire life from the start of the incarnation to where they just died. Whenever the person caused pain to someone or an animal, that person/spirit has to experience that pain from the other entities perspective. They feel whatever pain they have caused to others. And the best part is that the spirit judges his or her own self...

Since these people lived to tell the stories, almost every story ends with the person actually WANTING to stay on the other side. The light beings give argument and actually have to coax the spirit back to their body. Something about their "misson on Earth" not being complete.

But what really freaked me out is how almost everyone who has experienced this did not want to come back because it was so peaceful being shed of their body.

And - almost every story ended with the person expressing how it has dramatically changed their lives for the better.

Obviously what I just typed about is only at the halfway point. I think the OP covers the other half of the NDE; what happens when the spirit decides NOT to go back to the body...

Here's my favorite:

www.near-death.com...

[edit on 8/24/2009 by impaired]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I know a few people who have died. One drowned as a small child and was discovered floating, he was brought back to life by a lifeguard. He explained it as if he were struggling then he quit struggling, and blackness closed in around him... then we was waking up as the lifeguard saved him.

Another guy I know was near the heavy duty power lines that run through our town, the lines arced to a metal bar he was holding and it dropped him to the ground. His heart stopped and then it started again and he shot up off the ground, to everyones amazement. He said all he could hear was an extreme ringing noise and the pain was excruiating. He died twice more in the ambulance on the way to the hospital and said none of it was anything like any other "near death experiences" that others describe.

Another friends uncle had to undergo extensive heart surgery and was clinically dead for several hours. Again, no special experience, he "went to sleep" and then "woke up". Nothing special in any way.

All the people I know do not describe the last moments of life the same as many do online. Makes me wonder what it's really like, or what causes people to have their own unique experiences.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join