It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Sunday School Teachings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to post by TangoVooDoo

The early church fathers you are referring to are the early catholic fathers. The bible does not mention a real trinity of sorts. Jesus prays to the Father. If that's the case, He prays to Himself. Not right. Jesus is at the right hand of the Father. They are co-equal but not the same being. The Holy Spirit is the power of God, not God or a god. Jesus was the "Word" of God which shows how the prophets were able to see or hear God. It was Jesus revealing things to the prophets. The Father was working behind the scenes.

Notice one of the "trinity" passages in 1 John 5:7-8. The parts from "in heaven" (v.7) through "on earth" (v.8) are not part of the original text. This is one of the major "trinity passages. It was part of the Latin Vulgate and not part of the original greek manuscripts. The catholics added it.

Do you mean Roman Catholics or catholics as in "universal believers"? The early church fathers were not Roman Catholics in the sense what we know today as Rome. There is a difference.

In regards to the Holy Spirit not being God I would argue that Scripture disagrees. The Holy Spirit is not a "power or "energy".

Scripture declares that the Holy Spirit can be sinned against, a power or force cannot be sinned against for a power or force is impersonal.

Matthew 12:31
31 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.

Hebrews 10:29
29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

So again, the Holy Spirit can be sinned against, He can be grieved. An energy or power cannot.

In Acts 5:3 & 4 Peter equates the Holy Spirit with God as Ananias lies.

3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?

4 "While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."

So a force or power cannot be lied to. Can you lie to the wind or electricity? Of course not because they have no personhood.

The Holy Spirit has attributes that only God can have, such as Omnipotence, Omniscience and Omnipresence.

Again, thank you

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

The Holy Spirit is God at work. That is a power and force. Maybe not the same as electricity or something like that. The word "spirit" can also be translated to the word "wind" or "breath". God is the Father. Jesus is the Son. The Holy Spirit is the path to them both. I think we may be getting into a circular argument so I'll have to politely agree to disagree.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

The Holy Spirit is God at work. That is a power and force. Maybe not the same as electricity or something like that. The word "spirit" can also be translated to the word "wind" or "breath". God is the Father. Jesus is the Son. The Holy Spirit is the path to them both. I think we may be getting into a circular argument so I'll have to politely agree to disagree.

I thank you for your time. Have a great holiday weekend.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I extend the same courtesy to you too. Happy Labor Day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join