It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sKerry Sold Them Down The River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Them being the very same people the democrats helped get unemployed by forcing the withdrawl of the tariff bill a few months back on a gambit to add unpalatable riders to the bill.

Manufacturers and importers to Europe have to pay an exorbitant tariff on goods sold there - the result is less new hiring for the unemployed and the laying off of current employee's

To add insult to injury just the other day the Senate voted on a bill to extend unemployment benefits - the measure failed to pass by ONE vote, take one guess which Senator was missing in action.........................Ta da you guessed it
John Freakin Kerry who was to busy campaigning to hop in his plane and vote on a measure helping the very constituincy he so eloquently purports to care about.
Well what the heck they are'nt swing voters anyway - why spend any effort at all to help voters that you can count on. Sold down the river is what I say happens when you get on the demoRAT reservation.

Related ATS post
Kerry Missed the Vote

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well well it seems our liberal bretheren would have responded with flames after 48 hours if the premise of this thread was false - well I'll just chaulk this up as the undisputed truth - kinda like the Colonel does when he does'nt get a responce to his hyperbole.

Maybe they just want the truth to go away, in silence? - ain't gonna happen though.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Why did you start a new thread? I thought everything was said over there?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Cover it here, cover it there, it doesn't really matter.

Besides, with Kerry its the message that matters. He doesn't give a rats arse about unemployment, but if talking about it will get him elected it will come rolling of that forked tongue coated with honey.

Remember that your talking about a guy that owns an SUV when he talks to one group, then gets around on a solar powered tricycle while courting the "pre-school enviromentalists" vote.

Any way, I'm sure he had something much more important to do at the time of the vote. In fact, if what i've heard is correct, he was addressing the W. E. Coyote Foundation. He told them that the Bush family is heavily involved in the ACME corporation and that if elected he would personally guarantee a certain type of poultry in every pot.

[Edited on 5/15/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
George Bush - Skull & Bones - CFR
John Kerry - Skull & Bones - CFR

No matter who you vote for, you're getting someone whose been bought and paid for years ago.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Why did you start a new thread? I thought everything was said over there?

Because I wanted to give the extreme left a chance to defend their hero, here in the pit where even leftist lies are tolerated.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well, I'm not extreme left, nor is Kerry my hero, but I just beleive there is always more to a story than what we are programmed to believe. If you actually look into this, you'll find that this vote was organized to put Kerry in a bad light. It's just politics as usual, nothing to get hysterical about. Rove is very good at what he does.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So Rove controls both the Senate and the Kerry campaign? nice theory ya got going there - wanna buy any bridges?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
So Rove controls both the Senate and the Kerry campaign? nice theory ya got going there - wanna buy any bridges?

You see, the Senate, which is the smaller of the two legislative bodies, the other being the House of Representatives, drafts and passes laws that, when signed by the President, becomes a law. The Senate has 100 members, two from each state. In order for a bill to become a law, it must be voted on in each house. Now, if you are the President campaign's advisor, and a majority of Republicans control the Senate, you could look at someone's schedule, and then use your influence to force a vote when someone is not there. Oh, when I said when the President signs it, it becomes law, that was kind of misleading. The President can veto it, essentially killing the law. But, the bill gets sent back to the house of origin with his reasons for the veto. They review the reasons it was vetoed, and vote on it again. If it gets two-thirds of the vote or greater, it is sent to the other house for a vote. If that house also passes it by a two-thirds vote, the president's veto is overridden, and the bill becomes a law.
It's a long, complicated process, I just gave a summary of it. But, unfortunately, sometimes the process is used for political gain.

new topics

top topics

join