It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stereo ssc from NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Need some help here was viewing the pics of the sun with the above link. At 0937 hrs an object appears on the right side. By 1137 hrs this object became viewable. By 1308 hrs this object has turned into a spacecraft and continues to move very slowly across the screen. The pictures.

1308 hrs

2353 hrs

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Whoa...

That thing looks like a giant winged craft...

I'll let science decide otherwise, because I know it could be something else...but if you save the images on the page and scroll through you can see the object move...

Perhaps it's an impurity in the mercury lens/reflector on the telescope?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As can be seen here:
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
Venus has just entered the field of view of STEREO B.

The COR 2 imager is very sensitive and Venus is very bright. This results in oversaturation of the sensor which produces the odd appearance.

Venus will gradually traverse across the field of view for the next 10 days or so, disappearing behind the Sun then reappearing on the other side.

Here it was in January of last year.

[edit on 8/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Phage I agree, I did a little more research last night and figured this out. Does not look like Venus at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No, I believe phage is right.

My first thought was Mercury. It makes sense since it's passing right to left, as well as the half-circle shape of the object. At points it may looked like a winged craft, but rest assured, there are two planets between us and Apollo...

new topics

top topics

join