It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG's new boss: $3 million salary ... plus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

AIG's new boss: $3 million salary ... plus

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- AIG's new boss will make an annual salary of $3 million and receive bonuses and stock options worth millions more, according to a company filing on Monday.

Chief Executive Robert Benmosche, who took over the bailed out insurer's reins on Aug. 10, will take home $3 million in cash and $4 million in stock options.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me at how far the company AIG can take things. Not only have they been bailed out multiple times but yet they have used tax dollars to go on retreats and bonus themselves for such a fine job of wasting away the company to the point taxpayers are paying their salaries.

This company must fail more or less out of justice for the people. The money this man is making is nausiating at best.

When will the theivery be stopped?

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I assume this salary was approved by the pay czar or did AIG find new loopholes complement of Congress?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The sickening part is yes. It was approved by the pay czar. That is change for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The reason I state it that way because no matter how much money we give them and no matter how much Obama and gang get angry about excessive ceo pay/bonuses, they will still take care of their own.

Then they wonder why Americans are protesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That is absolutely ridiculous

I thought Obama's idea of a pay czar was actually a good policy (very rare, i know
). I now see that I was wrong. This new boss should not be making anything more 6 digits, let alone $3 million plus bonuses and stock options! Are you kidding me? How about he gives that $3 million back to the people (tax-payers) each year, who had trillions of dollars stolen from them just so his company can still exist in the first place, not to mention so that they're execs could each get a lavish 20,000 dollar massage at a resort

[edit on 17-8-2009 by LetTheTruthBeTold]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Plus $4 Million in stock + incentives and performance bonuses.

Must be nice to be paid according to the scale of the money masters ....

I wonder how they evaluate what the return on their investment is .....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i just added this news too (sorry Mod)

it was just stunning to see that a "government employee" will earn around 17.5 X Obama's salary!!! (which should be 400K, i think)..

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That's lots of money.

Hey man what's your salary anyway?
- Around 5 million
Dollars?

Heheh, I bet he told his wife it's only 1 million... she'll get new diamond wheels on her Hhummer now.

What's missing now is North Korean media reporting that's less than average salary of it's peoples.

If he took credit from a local bank he could probably buy both China and Japan.

I wouldn't even ask this guy what time it is, otherwise I'd go bankrupt immediately or worse to jail for being unable to pay the 5 man-seconds fee

top topics

join