It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can’t Creationists teach an alternative? Are the ‘free thinkers’ - atheists scared of som

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by m4ng4n

street legal? wow...be careful...

Regarding your latest post, you have much wisdom in there, thx!

This helped me get over the "organized" approach... www.tonycampolo.org...

Golden Rule
do unto others as you would have them do unto you...nice if we all lived by it!

Also my signature tells alot about what's important to me...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well my first question was for creationists but for other beliefs,i would have to rephrase to:

without refering to religious text prove that your god exists.

btw interesting read on cosmological and teological arguments,it's just that unlike a watchmaker we see every day,we are not aware of a higher being in action.

seems pretty far-fetched and narrow to draw conclusions from a watchmaker to some deity.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Just because we don't know why we are here, why and how the Universe is here, doesn't mean we have to resort to it being all because of a "God." Why can't people accept that we don't know? We don't know what's beyond our Universe, we don't know why we are here. I'm not ruling out the possibility of a Creator here, just saying, we really don't know.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by griftin]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by griftin
I'd believe in an alien race creating us and placing us here before believing we were created by the Christian God.

OK, interesting theory, where you get it from?

Can you elaborate?

OT

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Just because we don't know why we are here, why and how the Universe is here, doesn't mean we have to resort to it being all because of a "God." Why can't people accept that we don't know? We don't know what's beyond our Universe, we don't know why we are here. I'm not ruling out the possibility of a Creator here, just saying, we really don't know.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by griftin]

Speaking for yourself only, I take it ???

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

I'd believe in an alien race creating us and placing us here before believing we were created by the Christian God.

OK, interesting theory, where you get it from?

Can you elaborate?

OT

Just something I thought up one day. If there are beings out there able to travel incredible distances they must have incredible technology. Possibly the technology to create other forms of life. It would make more sense to me that we were placed here by aliens for some reason than by some god that put us here just to worship him/her.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Okiminletsdoit!

Did you take statistics? Do you like math?

If so, here's a book for you... very interesting...really helps ask the right questions... www.amazon.com...
OT

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
interesting read on your other posts,but the people in the bible could have come to these conclusions on their own,as far as we know there could have been other people who sailed around the world and found it was round of which by word of mouth came to jeremiah.

with the amount of people that have existed on this earth since we became,the topic of the world is round or its discovery would have become old news rehashed.

i mean someone was bound to find out,and then report it over and over and over....................................

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tungus

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Many scientific and mathematical discoveries were made by Muslims.

Could you give some examples, please?

Sure. I learned about this man in school.

Abū ʿAbdallāh Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī[1] (c. 780, Khwārizm[2][3][4] – c. 850) was a Persian[5][2][6] mathematician, astronomer and geographer, a scholar in the House of Wisdom in Baghdad. His Algebra presented the first systematic solution of linear and quadratic equations. He is considered the founder of algebra,[7] a credit he shares with Diophantus.

en.wikipedia.org...ūsā_al-Khwārizmī

List of Arab scientists:
en.wikipedia.org...

I am busy at this moment. I'll see if I will find more later.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by griftin

OK, logically explain to me...why are they HIDING? If they are So superior? Just doesn't add up? Unless there's a hidden, scary agenda? like... www.abovetopsecret.com...

thoughts?

OT

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
because there is no proof of intelligent design, and it is wrong.

Evolution is basically fact, denying evolution is on the same level as denying global warming. We have infinitely more evidence of natural selection, microevolution, and more or less macroevolution, then we will ever have of intelligent design.

Any argument posed against this in the past has been countered, and so all arguments today will be countered as well.

As well as panspermia is infinitely more likely than a God, because we have found amino acids on multiple comets and such. There being a God poses a theory so much more complex than anything we have, it's ridiculous to believe in it. And thats all you can do, believe in it. Because I don't believe in evolution, i know it is a fact.

America seems to be the only first world nation that has a large disagreement about evolution, thats why everyone is laughing at us. And don't bring theocratic countries into context, they're besides the point. They're controlled by religious hitmen.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Vinci]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by griftin

OK, logically explain to me...why are they HIDING? If they are So superior? Just doesn't add up? Unless there's a hidden, scary agenda? like... www.abovetopsecret.com...

thoughts?

OT

Why does God hide, if he is so superior?

I don't think they have a need to show themselves. Sure it seems like the world is going to # and an "alien intervention" could save us and provide a much greater world but maybe that isn't their intention. I honestly don't know, this isn't my end all be all belief, just something I like to think about.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Why does God hide, if he is so superior?

He's not my friend...

Romans 1:20

OT

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh, and the reason \we atheists\ are afraid of intelligent design being taught in schools, is because it'll hinder the progress of the human race and be a disgrace to the history of science.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci

Evolution is basically fact, denying evolution is on the same level as denying global warming. We have infinitely more evidence of natural selection, microevolution, and more or less macroevolution, then we will ever have of intelligent design.

Any argument posed against this in the past has been countered, and so all arguments today will be countered as well.

As well as panspermia is infinitely more likely than a God, because we have found amino acids on multiple comets and such. There being a God poses a theory so much more complex than anything we have, it's ridiculous to believe in it. And thats all you can do, believe in it. Because I don't believe in evolution, i know it is a fact.

America seems to be the only first world nation that has a large disagreement about evolution, thats why everyone is laughing at us. And don't bring theocratic countries into context, they're besides the point. They're controlled by religious hitmen.

Isn't your Post by "Intelligent design" ???

Or have I missed something here ???

I at least, accept you wrote your post according to your "Intelligent Design" ???

Now what were you saying about "Intelligent Design" ???

I am of the opinion, that Millions of people, use "Intelligent Design" every day ???

Do you Not use "Intelligent Design" yourself ???

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Oh, and the reason \we atheists\ are afraid of intelligent design being taught in schools, is because it'll hinder the progress of the human race and be a disgrace to the history of science.

whew........

hyperbole.......

come on now.......

OT

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hi, I hope you see this Matrix Traveller. I got your U2U but I can't respond yet, I need a dozen or so more posts...

Until then you can contact me at [email protected]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Isn't your Post by "Intelligent design" ???

Or have I missed something here ???

I at least, accept you wrote your post according to your "Intelligent Design" ???

Now what were you saying about "Intelligent Design" ???

I am of the opinion, that Millions of people, use "Intelligent Design" every day ???

Do you Not use "Intelligent Design" yourself ???

Okay, sorry for the semantics, "Intelligent Design as to the origin of Life on this planet called Earth." #ing crazy...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by griftin

please edit your info...use u2u only....ok

mods?

OT

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinci

Maybe he's saying what's displayed by you now, was displayed on a grander scale earlier...semantics isn't the point....

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join