Sedona?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Sorry, should have linked it in my post

SPLC law enforcement training

Also ADL

ADL- L.E.A.R.N. program

SPLC also has classroom programs for kids, so they will know if their parents are dangerous militia nuts:

teaching tolerance

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Yes Black People would stand up for freedom. We always have. But seriously that man's action is only going take more of our rights away. I think the whole Pheonix rally gun thing is a setup and for that Black dude to be apart of it is just as bad as Obama the puppet. There are other ways to fight. It's more similar to how Martin Luther King Jr. did it. They want us to riot.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

Outside Flagstaff

although I did spend a few hrs in Oak Creek canyon today...

and i'd add... these are some of the coolest, most decent, environmentally conscious, healthy mostly non racist people I have ever lived around...

first time in my life i'm friends with the local cops, because they are actually not out to get me lol...

part of what i can't picture... is that anyone from urbania would actually even be willing to come here to fight anyone or take any of the rights away we have kept and they gave up

I know people ARE that brain washed but many simply aren't... I can't imagine the military going for the scenario quite frankly, if they did I can't imagine them not being demoralized within the first 6 months... fatigued, confused and beaten men, emotionally, physically and psychologically...

Obama has his plan for a military that matches the US army domestically and...what would that be? Thugs from the inner city given a second chance to serve convinced they are tough, put through boot camp? Warped by the media to believe that we are their enemy?

These kids would be slaughtered... and kids, not MEN is the operative word...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the media stories say the guy with the AR-15 was carrying a "Military style Weapon". Now if you think about it... most firearms are or were a "military" weapon at some point... Some weapons, like the "sniper rifle" came about from hunters I believe, so originally, "sniper rifles" weren't made for military purposes. (If I'm wrong about this call me out on it, but that's what I've heard.)

I don't like the influence media has on the majorities either. People will just take it in and say "I saw it on the news so its true." Rather than look at the information and sort out the good and the bad information like they should. It's causing some problems.

But heck if they're within the law, I say tote those guns around all you feel you must, but please be careful because I'm not sure this is showing the right message. We need inform the people as much as we can about the crap our "Representatives" are doing. Not add more ammunition to the White House's "Right-wing Extremist Terrorists" arsenal.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I knew when he said Sedona you were up in Flag more like it, as for sedona Oak creek, did you hike up by slide rock? Or swim at Grasshopper? Fun, I just recently went myself.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
As long as gun owners like myself act responsibly and act within the law; I can see it as a proper demonstration as per the constitution.

But what will be the result when some drunk, medicated or very angry gun owner decides to let off a few rounds just to make a point? Eventually we all know this will happen. What then? How will the cops react? The secret service?

I would be more afraid of the Lib's doing this to stir it up and blame the one's just showing their freedom.
They have already been busted with fakes, setups, and blockades at these meetings.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
My thoughts are the first "shot" fired won't be by any of the feedom loving American faithful. It will be from a "plant". Reason why....TPTB made a mistake by limiting the amount of ammo available. Why would precious ammo be wasted on starting a riot, when those bullets would be put to good use.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Yeah then it's one eyed fun & games.

I don't know. Maybe it's me being a Canadian(gun owner as well) but I just think this is a stupid way to make your point. What would you be saying had the police shot him if he had help it up to firing position? Justified shooting when POTUS is around. This just smacks of incredible stupidity.

I'm for people owning guns responsibly. Really was bringing guns to a peaceful rally responsible gun ownership? Wake up America! Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not far from slide rock... was just showing my friend around had allot of work to do today...

and don't get me wrong, I advocate nothing... not trash talking...

I'm just saying... training literal inner city children to come and shoot at family men, American family men that lead good lives, don't bother anybody, mostly voted for Obama in the first place... would be suicide for America...

Our troops came back from nam... in a time when, people were conditioned to hate, against a foreign enemy and couldn't live with themselves... many never recovered, mentally, emotionally...

now your talking about lazy apathetic troops, with no real training having to do that to American's?

They'd be insane to send troops out to the parts of the country that are against allot of what is going on... for a college grant...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I wonder how many sniper rifles were being aimed at these armed citizens.

for exercising their rights.

Also for being a possible threat to the president.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Great to see the heat hasnt gotten to my other home's brains.

I love Phoenix people, they are REAL in every respect.

85% of the people in Phoenix aren't even from there.....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Sorry, but just taking two seconds to look at the other material on those websites just screams fascism to me. It screams this is what the government considers good citizens, this is what the government considers bad citizens.

I wonder if the LEO's that have to take the course believe any of the crap they spew.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

How are they a threat to the president? Because they have guns and are exercising their rights?

You automatically assume because they have weapons they are a threat to the president. That is flawed logic.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereotype
reply to post by antar

Please explain how this sounds or is supposed to sound in this day and age,

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A well armed and trained citizenry is essential to preserve the freedom and thus security of living in a Free state.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by fleabit

Yeah then it's one eyed fun & games.

I don't know. Maybe it's me being a Canadian(gun owner as well) but I just think this is a stupid way to make your point. What would you be saying had the police shot him if he had help it up to firing position? Justified shooting when POTUS is around. This just smacks of incredible stupidity.

I'm for people owning guns responsibly. Really was bringing guns to a peaceful rally responsible gun ownership? Wake up America! Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

If he had done that it would have been a lot more that just the cops shooting him.
In Vermont, I don't believe they changed law, but anyone can carry concealed, as long as not felon, but strangely their is no crime to speak of in Vermont, a little ole lady plus ten of her friends will open up on you.
Now that's the way it should be, I would bet the cops are also much more plesant when you have a encounter.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Yes Black People would stand up for freedom. We always have. But seriously that man's action is only going take more of our rights away. I think the whole Pheonix rally gun thing is a setup and for that Black dude to be apart of it is just as bad as Obama the puppet. There are other ways to fight. It's more similar to how Martin Luther King Jr. did it. They want us to riot.

So in the interest of preserving the right the guy should not excercize it?

Sorry , if anything , people should realize the time for complacency is over.

How much more do people need to recognize that this gov is working not protect our rights but to dominate us.

And I am so sick of having to worry about what other people think about valid expressing or utilization of rights.

Why do the ignorant prevail over the justified? No more I say

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Im one of the biggest pro-firearm proponants on this site and I believe in upholding our rights as gun owners and citizens in every way within reason.

That being said, I think this is truly a bad idea bringing guns within range of the President. There is a time and a place for everything, people showing up with automatic rifles only serves to put police and secret service as well as everyone else on edge.

Mark my words, all it will take is one angry, over emotional idiot to point his gun in amenacing way and before you know it you have police firing on American citizens and the subsequent massive gun ban that would follow.

If these folks have any interest in seeing to it that our firearmas are never taken by force then they have to show reason and trustworthiness and not act like a bunch of rednecks Menacing the police and the SS isnt getting anyone anywhere. This is not going to end well and I believe may be the catalyst that causes the whole police state to take effect.

Keep the guns for when we need em, right now we dont. Dont make an already bad and tense situation worse.

[edit on 8/18/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by antar

now your talking about lazy apathetic troops, with no real training having to do that to American's?

A lot of those boys just want to shoot something, young and dumb, brain washed by the military, you also have the illegals given free citizenship.

The big thing is they would just bring in the Tanks, nothing up close and personal, any real resistance that would threaten the foot solider, they would just bring in the TANKS.
Then move on down the road and squash the next group of Rebels/ Terrorist.
I talk to some guys in Military, they said hell yea shoot some citizens.
There was this one nut job I knew his parents were having problems with the boy, he wanted to kill whole family, they shipped him off to Iraq, he bragged about finally getting his first kill.
He's Sargent now, Slaughter that is.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Arizona is the unofficial DUI capital of the U.S., there's a meth lab on every other block and people here sure do love love their firearms. There's also this amusing and on going joke called stopping illegal immigrants from coming in and working here. Someone else mentioned it before but showing up anywhere near a presidential rally/town hall with a loaded weapon would not fly under the previous administration - were they doing the same thing a year or two ago? Showing up to a rally armed is childish as far as I'm concerned. So what if you show up with a weapon, the only thing that those people proved is that they are insecure. Nothing wrong with owning a firearm but there is no reason to flaunt in any way anywhere near a presidential rally of any type.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

ATS Live Radio Presents - Bushcraft On Fire Radio ***On The AIR !!! ***
read more: Bushcraft On Fire Radio : 04/17/2014: Basic Packs, More on Police Encounters and PLANTS!!!!