It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix: Dozens of armed citizens attend todays Obama Speech

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Great idea...really. Even though the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with health care...

On the contrary, great idea for intimidation. One schmuck does it first, gets an interview, and now "dozens". Wonderful, so, at the next set of meetings I should expect "throngs" or "scores" of intimidatingly large groups of "anti-Obamacare" folks (even though he's such an appeaser it will probably end up being some wishy-washy, not-so-reformed reform bill instead of an actual change in the health care).

And yet...they scream he's the fascist, they are the ones who seem more like Mussolini's camise neri or Hitler's brownshirts...

(Let me clarify that while - as one poster put it - any form of protest is meant to be intimidating - the idea is that the intimidation comes through the numbers, not through other forms, such as threat of violence. I'm sorry, but any way that you argue it, a gun in an urban venue has only one purpose [self-defense or not].)

You know, I lived in Phoenix/Scottsdale from the early 90s to the early 2000s...and looking back, it felt ahead of the curve on the fascist shift in this country...integrating technology (red light cameras, photo-radar, etc.) and making sure that Paradise Valley, Snobsdale, Fountain Hills and all wealthy points north were nicely, neatly segregated from the (lower-)middle class neighborhoods that run throughout the rest of the city (the 101 loop completion helped on that one). So, I guess it's appropriate that Phoenix be the site of dozens of arm-wielding "protestors".

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Cara-G-Pow]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
what is going on why the hell is people bringing weapons to a damn speech this is dumb it solves nothing i also disagree with the way things are but getting violent wont help martin luther king showed us this i anit knocking nobody for showing that we stand for our rights i agree with this i stand for humanity understanding not htis what the hell are these guys gonna do lets be for real shoot somebody who? why? and most importantly what will it fix nothing lol we all need to peep game cause we being tricked real easy we need to start talking about a new way of living for the whole world right now the whole world should have free health care i mean its a joke its only not free becasue someone whats to make profit off of it i wonder who? come on people cant you see there turing us agasint each other and we all we got in the end this democact republican its all division we to wake up and see the big picture now! its about control thngs like the self egos self greed lust for power money to be better than.. this is dumb and we keep playing ring around the rosy its like the dog cahsing his tail history repeats it self so weve been told we are in a hell of a time no one can deny it but guns at a speech i mean this is just me but its like everybody is moving so fast we dident even think about it??? just stop and think Is THIS REALLY THE WAY THE WORLD IS SUPPOSED TO BE?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Good for them.As Teddy Roosevelt would say"BULLY BULLY!!!"The American fighting spirit lives on!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by BlackOps719

I could tell you all kinds of horror stories, where the Government, said Oh just register your wepon were not going to take it, then bam their knocking on the doors confiscating weapons.

I'd like to hear all those stories, backed up by reliable sources.

That would be the 'Garden State' New Jersey. Common knowledge. Bottom line was warrants were issued , cops knocked on doors,weapons confiscated and men put in jail.
It was a progressive process. No assault weapons allowed. Register them and they will be grandfathered in . OOPS ! sorry, we changed our minds . Turn them in, sell them or store them out of state. Two years later, someone wondered if they had actually complied. They already had their names and addresses from the original point of sale, as well as the names that were volunteered through the grandfather clause. The good citizens actually believed they would get to keep their property if they were ' law abiding' They issued random warrants to search the owners homes. Some did not comply. Soooooo
you lost a $2000.00 weapon, went to jail , hired a lawyer and now have a police record with a weapons charge. So there you have it amigo. If you think the fellow was leading you on, that is one example. I also can offer more, but check it out. Next time, you may not be such a know it all kinda guy. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Remember, you can open carry with a license. There is NO TRAINING involved.

You do not need any license to open carry here. If you want to conceal you need a license, but anybody who isn't legally prohibited from touching firearms can carry whatever they want as long as it's visible.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Same thing happened in CT. Just come on down and fill out this paperwork and everything will be okay.

Knock, knock.

"You still have that gun you registered? Hand it over."

"B-b-b-b-b-but you said..."

"Well, things change."

Some friends and family ended up with records because of their resistance. Like freaking Ann Frank in the attic hiding from the Nazi's.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Sorry, should of specified, you have to have at least a driver's license.
that is what we were told anyways.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Actually, you don't need a driver's license either. Obviously you would need valid ID to purchase a gun legally here, but there are no licensing requirements at all to open carry.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
First off, Arizona is highly conservative. so it is now surprise that people are so bent out of shape.But rights are subjective because I saw plenty of church ceremonies on courthouse steps.
And AZ is still filled with bigots. And Racism IS rampant there.

All I gotta say is that has to be on bad azzed black guy to be hanging out with the good ol boys club.

What I find so silly is why are people going to a health reform meeting to pitch gun rights?

That would be like me going to an anti-abortion rally to oppose a road expansion project in my area.

It seems pretty silly.

I am for gun rights. But the whole thing is just silly to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

no i was making a reference to a post where a guy said almost the exact same thing an Anchorwoman said i was noting that you dont have to be a conservative or a republican to be a parrot as Djusdjus has proven liberals and democratz can be parrots too

[edit on 18-8-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Anywhere there are rural areas, where people grow up segregated, there will be racism. But I can say here in the city we all get along fine, racism is far from "rampant" here. We are also not all highly 'conservative' by a long shot, just when it comes to our guns.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I think the demonstration of guns was a message to a broader context of the government trampling on the constitution. Not just obamacare.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
How about dealing with the fascist punks the way black protesters were treated in the 1950s and 1960s or the protesters anti-"free trade" movement in the 1990s?

Use fire hoses set to a level that will peel the bark off trees and beat the living primate manure out of them with clubs, maybe even shoot four of them in Ohio. Give 'em a taste of there own YWHW-damn medicine.

If most of these protesters had their way the last eight years, the "federal" government would be able to swipe them off the streets and deny them the Writ of Habeas Corpus before they could even exercise the Constitutional rights (like the 2nd amendment or protesting, let alone both at the same time which probably isn't a right) they didn't give a crap about until they became sore losers. You lost fair and square (unlike the stolen elections in 2000 and 2004 you didn't win either). I don't care to hear libel about squirrel food either. Get over it!!!

If you want an honest protest/revolution that is fine, but if you want to play partisan politics, count me out of your Fourth Reich Revolution.

And if they start using their guns in self-defense you withdraw the police and drop bombs from 35,000 feet and don't count bodies.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by BSndsMPBlk47]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by styleswahington

Having a legally owned firearm like that man had is not violence...
Even the cops said HE WAS IN HIS RIGHT, alongside any other people. But I am sure soon enough some plant is going to be using violence soon with a gun, or rifle so that TPTB try once again to go after our Second Amendment right.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sounds like Obama should stay in New Jersey, DC, Connecticut, and New York.

Their gun laws positively suck.

Even Hitler would have been safe in those states.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The reason the Left assumes the worst about everyone else is because they seemed challenged in being able to accurately protray the believes and values of people they disagree with.

They just assume their opponents act the way they do. So they're freaked out by guns because if they brought guns they would be using them to threaten people.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
reply to post by warrenb

... things like this are what the Pentagon is counting to get those 47,000 troops on the ground here at home ... they are looking for is an incident real or imagined.

A domestic gulf of Tonkin type incident?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Any society that thinks it needs to be armed to the teeth all the time is not a healthy society.

There is a time and a place for weapons and it is not at a peaceful rally.

Well thankfully our Forefathers sought to it that we be protected against such dangerous thinking as yours.

I wonder what kind of person you are that you think yourself entitled to determine the behavior and actions of other people. How much of this do you ? Does it ever exhaust you... you know .. being like a Stalin and thinking you can control the destinites of millions?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Well it might be legal, but I'd have to question the intelligence of folks carrying assualt rifles to a speech by the POTUS.

how arrogant and sanctimonious of you

Why dont you mind your own f'ing business? who are you to question anyone, shrew?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

S & F fracking A

Because it is my right to defend myself. Just because the president is around doesn't mean laws are suspended.

Total Agreement.

A lot of people keep saying why didn't they do something when Bush was president. People, you need to realize it is a cumulative thingy. Bush went way too far, now Obama is going WAY WAY too far.

Bush gave us no free speech zones now Obama is giving us Total Lie Zones provided by purchased actors (SEIU, ACORN, UNIONS)

Let me ask you a couple of questions.
What war has stopped-Iraq? Afghanistan? Now Pakistan
What Patriot Act has been expanded?
What person's retirement account has not been emptied?
What person has not gotten a tax increase?
What private company has not been taken over?
What bank has not been engulfed by the Centrist's bank?
What right taken away will wake up the sheeple?
What part of STFU does TPTB do not understand?

This is a GREAT STEP-I asked myself what can I do.
What can you do?
Did not Obama ask for people to get in his face?

I think if TPTB, try to do a FALSE FLAG using any of this, they will be sorely mistaken. I wonder how many of these people have watched Shooter? Have you?

The end of TPTB is getting closer and closer. This was a good first step.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join