It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix: Dozens of armed citizens attend todays Obama Speech

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Stop reading things into what I am saying.

Like jimmyx said you can't be killed at long distance by a martial arts student or a baseball bat.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Any society that thinks they don't need weapons is asking to become a slave society...

BTW, you do tell criminals not to take their weapons to certain places and see what they do....

I guess you are one of those people who thinks criminals are "civilized' and won't be taking any weapons with them whenever they decide to rob, rape, or murder innocent civilians heh?...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Stop reading things into what I am saying.

Like jimmyx said you can't be killed at long distance by a martial arts student or a baseball bat.

That's what YOU think...

Obviously you don't know much about Martial Arts.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Would you not check out books if you saw a pistol on a librarian behind the desk?

I have no problem checking out guns at a target range where every member of the stuff is rather heavily armed. I guess I can live with a librarian carrying a pistol. If you are behind the counter in a library and are strapped to an AR-15 (technically a modified assault rifle), I would have to wonder about your sanity.

What you should do is think rationally. Nobody is threatening you, nobody is waving one around, nobody seems to really notice their even there. Yet would you sweat, panic, hyperventilate? Why?

I do think rationally. If I observe two facts:

a) percentage of people packing guns at a rally is larger than that on a typical weekend
b) instead of easy to carry pistols some idiot brings a semiauto rifle

My rationality tells me that it can mean a few different things, but one of them is a veiled threat and inciting violence.

I like guns and used to enjoy my AK-47. I just don't like irresponsibility.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

posted by anonymous avatar

www.clipsyndicate.com...

What civilian corps would that be?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Reread what I said:

Any society that thinks it needs to be armed to the teeth all the time is not a healthy society.

There is a time and a place for weapons and it is not at a peaceful rally.

You really need to stop reading into what I said...

you're not doing a good job of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Roadblockx
reply to post by grover

Who states what is acceptable to bring to a protest? Isn't a protest by its very definition an act against the rules?

There is nothing wrong with someone who is lawfully entitled to own and carry a gun from doing so whether it is to a protest or to the laundry mat. Now don't get me wrong. I think it is a dangerous mix to bring weapons to these protests. But you will have to ban bats, signs, blowhorns, flags, flag poles, etc., from the protests as well. You can be killed with a bat, flag pole, brick, garbage bin, rock or sign at a protest. Maybe we should out law protests...

In a lot of cases, people bring a "symbol" of their protest to the well, protest. A nuess for racial crimes protests, perhaps a confed flag to a protest about freedom of speech, etc. All of these are symbols. Bringing a gun to a protest was his "symbol".

you can't be killed by someone who is carrying a bat, sign, flag, blowhorn, flagpole or even a knife from 2 blocks away...but with an ar-15 you can.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by jimmyx]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by jimmyx]

Dead is dead whether it is by a gun or flag pole. Have you ever seen a protest about abortion where people are kept 2 blocks away from each other? How about a protest when the KKK roles through a city? Think they keep themselves two blocks apart?? Not a chance mate.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
your opinions are duly noted. several times.

unfortunately, the constitution nor the laws there nor the SS or LEO's there are backing your opinion up.

link   
these people have already been intimidated. That's WHY they are armed. They are scared witless by the GOP shills who re pushing their lies and propaganda.

death panels = lies

euthanasia = lies

GOP spin on the various bills that are being proposed = lies

No one is taking anyones rights away. Obviously. Are people that obtuse and thick? If so, maybe they shouldn't have a gun lol.

The idiocy coming out oft he GOP propaganda factories is totally amazing.

Do you really think it's wise to be armed at a town hall meeting? really? Should everyone just be walking around with a gun everywhere because they are scared of a universal health care plan?

wtf GOP? Have you been eating lead bars or mixing it in particle form with your water.

this kind of manipulative political haranguing is typical of the *SNIP*

Obama should kick them out of his cabinet and get to business with his prerogatives instead of even bothering with these idiots.

the GOP has screwed up the country over the last 8 years and is continuing in it's attempts to do so. Obama needs to get them out and do it fast.

more ridiculous behaviour from ridiculous self centered American idiots.

pfft. It's matter of time before this kind of thing drives the entire country into utter irrelevancy. Nobody wants to listen to anyone with a gun telling them what's what. They are negating themselves.

the difference I notice is that at least Obama's town halls are open to the people. The GOP NEVER did that and NEVER listened to the people. the GOP constantly pushed their war mongering agenda and vetoed there way into a unilateral and destructive war which has damaged the American reputation even further.

shameful on top of shameful behaviour.

get rid of the neos and the nazis from the GOP so that party can get back on track. It's been usurped by people like the Bush family and it needs to either be put to sleep or changed back to what it really was. Conservative and capitalist. *SNIP*.

Sad when the GOP is everyday being overrun with *SNIP*

Mod Note: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

[edit on 18-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by buddhasystem

I am a librarian. It was brought up once by some vacationing out of stater the subject of "guns in the library." The board of trustees said "this is New Hampshire, get over it."

Would you not check out books if you saw a pistol on a librarian behind the desk? Would you run out screaming if some patron came in with one? Would you turn around and drive away if you saw a car in the lot with a gun in the rear window?

What you should do is think rationally. Nobody is threatening you, nobody is waving one around, nobody seems to really notice their even there. Yet would you sweat, panic, hyperventilate? Why?

if president obama was in the library at the same time, and someone walked in with a gun or was just standing outside the library...hell yes....it's the context of the situation

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I know exactly what you said.

Do tell us grover...when is a good time to have a legally owned firearm with you? After you were robbed? After you were killed for $20? After your wife, daughter, son is killed?... Hope none of the above ever happens to you.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

there are no "neo-con dittoheads" in obama's cabinet. Do you even understand how government works? The cabinet members are appointed by the president, why would he appoint his enemies?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Most are unaware, mainly by media hype, that open carry is legal in most states.
Just by the above report, you can see the bent of the reporter or editor.
"gun-toters at Monday's event"
Are these the "astro-turf Nazi's" Pelosi is warning us about, or just ordinary citizens exercising their rights?

I would vote the latter, but with the caveat that the way they are going about it will lead to disaster.

One could assume that, as the first demonstrator acted alone, the next was a group of a dozen, and the next will be 50 or a hundred.
It can't be long until an event is manipulated, or a nutter shows up to prove the opposing view.
All it would take is 1 joker with a firecracker and a secret service sniper with an itchy finger to get a bunch of citizens shot.
A better method, IMHO, to get media attention while proving no harm is intended would be to organize the protest with the local police.
Call them up, explain what you are going to do, and request that each protester peacefully accept inspection and search to positively verify that NO AMMO EXISTS. either in the weapon or on the protesters person prior to entering a designated area.
This would ensure that the message gets delivered, the police and secret service calm down a bit, and any nutter showing up to prosecute his/her agenda gets caught.
A very minor capitulation in the grand scheme of things. People will remember the guns, and forget the fact that they are basically only armed with a pretty stick.
A win/win.

Pass it on please.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Let me reiterate this.

Of course these people have the right to bear arms and legally they have the right to bear them in the shower if they want...

All well and good. That is the law of the land.

I have no problem with that.

At the same time I personally do not feel especially given the the heated atmosphere at some of these rallies and town meetings that having guns there is a good idea and that it sends all sorts of bad messages including threat.

I personally feel it violates the spirit of peaceful discourse.

THAT is my opinion and my opinion only and not one I am about to force on anyone...

I just personally think its tacky.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You are rapidly becoming not worth arguing with.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover... I think the point was to send a message and quite a profound one.

That there are people out there who will protest peacefully but are armed in case the government pushes tyranny to far.

Given the ludicrous and oppressive policies of the federal government over the past few years, I think this message is very justified.

Quit being a baby about someone carrying a gun and wake up to the realities of what we are living in. It is very arguable that we are on the verge of an economic collapse, forced vaccinations, martial law, etc. I do not believe I need to preach about that...

That being said... Following your logic (or lack thereof) I hope no one showed up with a cigarette, a car, or a cheeseburger, because all of those things are exponentially more dangerous than the law abiding gun-owners of America.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Sorry, but several times have VIDEOS been posted in which President Obama himself, and his staff have clearly indicated the oposite of what you just said...

Nice try though, you did show the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about, and you are doing nothing more than political baiting...

Wonder why there is so much "political baiting" from members such as this...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by grover

I know exactly what you said.

Do tell us grover...when is a good time to have a legally own firearm with you? After you were robbed? After you were killed for $20? After your wife, daughter, son is killed?... Hope none of the above ever happens to you.

and this guy was afraid of this happening at the rally???? that he was going to be robbed??? or killed for $20?? or have his wife, daughter, son killed??? what does that have to do with peaceful people showing up at a healthcare rally?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

I dont know, just used the name because it sounded right, I am sure that there are factions out there who are undercover, kind of like the citizens who keep watchful eyes on their own neighborhoods, they work in unison with the Police and Government.

The guy did obviously have his right, but at what cost to the continued ability to do so.

Could he have been a plant? Maybe.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

and this guy was afraid of this happening at the rally???? that he was going to be robbed??? or killed for $20?? or have his wife, daughter, son killed??? what does that have to do with peaceful people showing up at a healthcare rally?

Nope, he was most clearly there to say, as i stated already.. "this is my right and noone should be trying to ban it, or restrict it because they FEEL like it."

The Obama administration already tried to blame the fact that Mexican drug gangs have FULLY-AUTOMATIC WEAPONS on Americans, who for the most part own SEMI-AUTOMATIC WEAPONS....

But hey i guess noone ever told the Obama administration that Mexican drug cartels get their FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS from the BLACK MARKET from China, other parts of Asia, Europe, the Middle East, etc, etc, etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join