It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ha, get a laugh out of this

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.new-mind.com...

Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.

Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000.

Accidental deaths per physician: 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.

Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500.

Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

"FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one Doctor."

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand. As a Public Health Measure, the statistics on Lawyers have been withheld for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical aid.

No comment =p.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That is very interesting indeed. I did get a laugh out of this.

Just goes to show you how dangerous the doctor can be.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ooohhh.

What are you doing??

If you are going to deal in facts then nobody will be able to argue with you.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Haha, that is ironic

+41 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
interesting stats...

now lets consider how many 'gun owners' just happened to be working really hard to perform a delicate medical procedure or choose the right compound to treat a rare or obscure illness when they accidentally discharged their 44 into little suzzy's cranium.

Haha i suppose all the rest of the people killed by guns were on purpose so didn't count right?

A gun is a weapon, pure and simple - they are made to end life.
A doctor is a good guy working hard - they just try to save lives.
Compareing the two is just retarded.

Really it's pathetic how desperate you gun nuts are getting!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
lol nice of you pointing out.
However i guess world control will still work for those injections and against guns.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Fantastic Post! No arguments just FACTS!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

I am for the right to bear arms but I am gonna have to agree with you. There may be plenty of gun owners, but most doctors are spending 12 hours a day practising. Most guns are in a safe(I hope) or a gun case.

Now if all gun owners were running around target shooting (non human of course) all the time, the stats might be much different.

But fun thread none the less.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This takes the cake.

Proud "gun nut" right here. I think the facts clearly speak for themselves.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
interesting stats...

now lets consider how many 'gun owners' just happened to be working really hard to perform a delicate medical procedure or choose the right compound to treat a rare or obscure illness when they accidentally discharged their 44 into little suzzy's cranium.

Haha i suppose all the rest of the people killed by guns were on purpose so didn't count right?

A gun is a weapon, pure and simple - they are made to end life.
A doctor is a good guy working hard - they just try to save lives.
Compareing the two is just retarded.

Really it's pathetic how desperate you gun nuts are getting!

That is not true at all. Guns are not made just to end lives, they protect lives just the same.

I don't even own a gun, and don't care to own a gun. But I am in favor of gun rights.

A doctor can be used just as easily as a gun to end life. It's all about how the things are used.

Besides - murder is already illegal, so those who kill with guns already show they don't care about the law.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Interesting statistics... Cant say i trust them, but still.

Here's a couple of relevant quotes.

The average human has one breast and one testicle. - Des McHale

He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts - for support rather than for illumination. - Andrew Lang

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Amount of people killed deliberately by guns? Countless...

Amount of people killed deliberately by surgeons? Probably not many.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

So many people trying to cure the symptom, so few trying to cure the cause.

Guns being used to kill people is only a symptom. Before guns it was arrows and swords, before that it was a club, before that it was the bare hands.

The cause is 1 person wanting to kill another. That is the problem, and that is already illegal.

You are basically calling anyone who owns a gun a murderer, and taking away their rights based on the actions of others. You are punishing them for acts they have not even committed, and in many cases wouldn't commit.

# of people wrongly punished for the actions of others?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Ooohhh.

What are you doing??

If you are going to deal in facts then nobody will be able to argue with you.

Sorry, I fell out of my chair laughing and held on to mouse.

Great one

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Amount of people killed deliberately by guns? Countless...

Amount of people killed deliberately by surgeons? Probably not many.

Yet still I have better odds being killed by the Doc than a gun, I can prevent one... No Doc, Can't prevent the other................

BUT I sure have a chance

I have the right to bear arms.................... just not the money

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

hey badmedia how goes it? Still up to the same old tricks? haha don't answer that i see that you are.....

they protect

Like a condom, an airbag or a shield protects? Or in that they give you the chance to KILL THE OTHER GUY FIRST? See how even if they're being used to 'protect' they're still just fulfilling their function to kill / maim?

How about this one, you get hit by a car - the drive jumps out and says OH MY GOSH CALL A DOCTOR! I idle up from the pavement, cooly i smile and say 'don't worry i have a .44 Magnum!'

haha or think of it thisway, when someone collapses on stage how many times have you heard someone take the mike and say 'is their a gunowner in the house?'

A doctor can be used just as easily as a gun to end life. It's all about how the things are used.

Actually most doctors i've pointed at someone and squeeze have told me to get off them or they'll call the police. I'm sure if i asked my local doctor if he would be my 'protection' while i deal some crack on the street corner he would have me commited. Last time my friends 6yo sneeked into my study and found the doctor laying on the counter he gave her a stern telling off.

Most doctors train to save people, everything they learn is how to help people. A gun is made by people who are trying to create the most stopping power, best range, most accurate sites - all so that it's a better killing machine.

Are you seriously trying to say a doctor is as deadly as a gun?

murder is already illegal, so those who kill with guns already show they don't care about the law.

If you never intended to mow the lawn would you buy a lawnmower? of course you wouldn't! People buy guns because they expect to have to kill someone one day, or they like practiceing or pretending they're killing people. Guns are weapons, if you aren't strong enough to admit that then i really don't think you should have one.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Different tools for different jobs. Is what it comes down too.

It was stated pretty clearly a few posts back, about how guns are just a tool that people use to kill, in fact as to the best of my knowledge it is the only object that gets blamed for deaths.

The fact is people kill people, whether it be piano wire, bare hands, baseball bat, cars, meat cleaver, knives, etc. guns are just one of those tools, blaming an inanimate object for death is akin to saying spoons make people fat.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

At least with the gun you understand the danger.

My mom's doctor (aka the Butcher) used her for government experiments on radiation burns and chemo therapy without her knowledge or consent. He finally managed to kill her but it took him seven years.

I would rather be shot in the head than go through what that S.O.B put my mother through just so he could "write a paper"

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Different tools for different jobs. Is what it comes down too.

A screw driver to drive screws, a telephone to make phone calls, a gun to kill people. indeed.

The fact is people kill people, whether it be piano wire, bare hands, baseball bat, cars, meat cleaver, knives, etc. guns are just one of those tools, blaming an inanimate object for death is akin to saying spoons make people fat.

Piano wire designed to make music notes.
Baseball bat designed to hit baseballs.
Car designed to transport people.
Meat Cleaver designed to prepare food.
Knife designed as a general work tool for shaping wood.

However indeed, many knives are designed to kill, the human hand is most likely evolved to be a weapon, but also a multipurpose tool.... Guns have only ONE function to end life.

No one makes a gun for chopping down trees, for potting up houseplants or gathering twigs for the fire. It is a weapon pure and simple.

Some other things which i believe are weapons; pikes, swords, polearms, pykles, cannons, missiles, bombs, nukes, etc, etc.... This is why we have the world 'weapon' it describes things designed to kill! Calling a gun a 'tool' is just stupid.

Guns make it more likely that people will be killed, they make it easy for peope to kill - unfairly easy. A child angry at a local doorman for refusing to let him into the club could go get his brothers gun from under his bed, standing twenty feet away he could kill that man and no one could do anything to stop him (apart from shoot him first which isn't always easy) - guns while i admit don't actually go and kill people of their own accord (like murder robots will when we invent them soon, i say ban those too) they do make it far, far too easy for someone to end a life - the harder it is the less likely it will happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Guns are designed to kill which means they are very efficient at what they do, all the more reason to have one to protect yourself with, because it is designed to do the job.

You don't hike in the jungle without a machete, you don't go cooking in the kitchen without kitchen knives, you don't go building a house without a hammer.

Different tools for different jobs, guns equal the odds for you against people with guns. You could get killed with a screwdriver just as easy as a gun, the thing is anything could be used as a weapon, there is no reason to ban guns, they are just as useful for hunting, among other things.

If you want to take away my guns, then where does it stop? Over in the UK they are already trying to ban knives, what is after that? you get to own whatever the government wants you to own? No don't think so.

Guns are designed for killing and so are some drugs administered by doctors.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join