It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen With Tonsillitis Dies After Being Misdiagnosed With H1N1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

A 16-year-old girl died after being misdiagnosed with the H1N1 virus, when she really had tonsillitis, London’s Daily Mail reported.

Wow how dangerous is this? A diagnosis hotline? How many more will be misdiagnosed?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wrongful death. Poor kid.

In the next 90 days, every little sniffle, every throat-clearing cough will cause panic. Doctors should know better.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I can't believe the doctor did not even look in her mouth. That would have made it obvious. Google an image of tonsillitis and you will see what I mean. The first thing a physician does here in the states is look in the mouth and ears.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

She didnt even get to the doctor. An over the phone diagnosis!!! If your sick and suspect something serious get to a doctor or hospital! Thats the best advice I can give. Dont trust some untrained person on the phone.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
There was a story of a little girl I forgot her age who had meningitis and was also misdiagnosed with swine flu. She died.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006

She didnt even get to the doctor. An over the phone diagnosis!!! If your sick and suspect something serious get to a doctor or hospital! Thats the best advice I can give. Dont trust some untrained person on the phone.

Over the phone?!!! This falls back to the parent then.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

Do you have a link for us? I went to the Daily Mail but couldn't find the article.
Thanks!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Sorry I thought I had linked it.

www.foxnews.com...

Charlotte Hartey’s condition was diagnosed over the phone, like many other H1N1 viruses in the United Kingdom, but when complications arose from Charlotte’s real affliction – tonsillitis – the teenager died.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This story actualy made me cry, which is a hard thing to do these days. The girl's parents were told over the phone by our 'Swine Flu' helpline that she couldn't see a doctor and they would have to send their 'flu friend' to the tamiflu collection point. SHE DID NOT HAVE FLU!! The people manning these phonelines are mostly 16 year old exam students getting paid up to £16 PER HOUR which is more than my partner, who works a manual factory job gets in 2!!!!

If you have any 'flu' symptoms, which can and mostly are symptoms of other illnesses, your not allowed to visit your doctor or go to the hospital. Your basicaly condemned to die, alone, in your house throwing your guts up from tamiflu. You can get tamiflu, a dangerous prescription drug, here without prescription like sweets. All you need to do is visit the website or call the 'helpline' and imput your symptoms. Then you get tamiflu. People are selling it at boot sales here it's that bad. Forget the fact it's ILLEGAL to even posess a prescription med without a script from a TRAINED MEDICAL DOCTOR!! It's causing horrible side effects, specialy in children, and the NHS still claim it as our best defense!!

Do not come to the UK, and do not be deluded into thinking that just because our health care is free, it's at all good.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger

Originally posted by crw2006

Over the phone?!!! This falls back to the parent then.

Your obviously not in the UK. Your family doctor (GP) will refuse to see you if you have any flu like symptoms. There are about 4 notices up at my practice telling you under NO curcumstances to turn up if you have symptoms such as a sore throat, cough, etc.

I think if you were to turn up & demand treatment, the police would be called and you would probably land up in the cells for 'attempted GBH' or whatever. Thats what the UK is like right now.

new topics

top topics

join