It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men tote assault rifles at Obama event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Okay so I caught this story on CNN this morning and thought I was still dreaming.

(CNN) – At least two Arizona men brought assault rifles to President Obama’s speech Monday to the annual Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in Phoenix. CNN’s Ed Henry reported that one of the men was carrying an AR-15 assault rifle and shouted anti-Obama slogans. The men remained outside the convention center where the president was speaking. Henry said U.S. Secret Service and local police were "very much aware" of the situation and were paying close attention to the men. However, Arizona is an open-carry state, meaning it's legal to carry firearms in public as long as they are visible.

CNN: Men Tote Assault Rifles at Obama Event
I'm looking for the video clip from the report and can't find it. The Video is far more telling. I have a sneaking suspicion that these dudes who brought their AR-15s to the rally were planted. Something just isn't right here. I don't care if Arizona is a right to carry state, I don't believe the Secret Service would allow this to happen. Perhaps it's time to paint the opposition as militants?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Another thread beat you by moments.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No big deal really, just a couple people willing to show that they're still allowed to exercise their rights. Arizona is a "right to carry" state.

No harm done, no arrests, everybody goes home.

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
way to go Assault Rifle Toting Guys, great way to possibly shorten your lifespan.

its cheaper than cigarettes too!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
And again people are focusing on the tiny moments instead of the bigger picture.

Who cares if they were carrying weapons? There is an entire team of people, with limitless finance and capabilities, protecting this one man.

If he is shot, it will not be without a very powerful person having ordered, or allowed, it to happen.

All of this is a puppet show, a staged performance to convince you all that the POTUS is the one who makes decisions, he doesn't.

Maybe they were planted, maybe not, ultimately it's all meaningless drivel designed to distract you and make you fight amongst yourselves.

And it's working.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here is the video:
youtube

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thank God he's an African American with an AR15. Can you imagine a white man with a tie and carrying an Ar15, it would have sparked a civil war.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

(CNN) – ...Arizona is an open-carry state, meaning it's legal to carry firearms in public as long as they are visible.

CNN: Men Tote Assault Rifles at Obama Event

Why is this newsworthy?

Oh, yeah. CNN is anti-Second Amendment.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Why is this newsworthy?

Oh, yeah. CNN is anti-Second Amendment.

(I will preface this by saying I am firmly in support of the second amendment).

Because you don't carry a weapon around the president. It's stupid, and these individuals are now going to be on the CIA/FBI/NSA watchlists for the rest of their lives.

It is likely they were plants, put in place to make protesters seem like extremists. It's just as likely they are just adamant supporters of the 2nd amendment, who were unintentionally making the protesters seem like extremists. In any event, Obama doesn't want to take away the 2nd amendment, he hasn't made any attempt to do so, and if he did it wouldn't pass. This is the wrong way to demonstrate 2nd amendment rights, and a good way to show that some people don't deserve them. This is not the sort of message responsible gun owners need to be sending our government.

In any event, I'm really glad no one ended up getting shot. (Mostly for the individuals carrying the weapons).

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I think it's newsworthy because it happened. Regardless of your feelings about guns or right to carry laws, guns assault rifles shouldn't be allowed at presidential events. It feels like the PTB might be stetting something up.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

But he's an African American, surely we can all breath a sigh of relief.
Obama views him as a brother.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
And he's African American!

Oh racism. What an irony you are. Rather then being destroyed by the election of the first black president, you are destroyed by African Americans rallying against the first Black president and showing some heat too!

For those who don't get it, the showing of a black man heavily armed as a statement against Obama shatters all racist views of many people who assume blacks support Obama. I know these kind of people where I live, and to see their mentality destroyed is beautiful to me. This plus that guy beat up by union thugs is showing that not all Blacks support Obama, and therefore the stereotype is being destroyed.

Also, the protester is against Obama.

"Why are you carrying an ar15 here?"

"Cause it's mah gun man!"

Only gun advocate speaks this way, and only an anti obama gun advocate would show up like this at that meeting.

Nice try CNN.

Anywho, great find!

Oh and racism, don't let the door hit you on your way out!

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye

...guns assault rifles shouldn't be allowed at presidential events.

Really?

And where do you draw the line--one block, a mile, the whole city, the state, the continental US?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

No need to draw lines. Anywhere others are gathered for this event, they should ban weapons. You can't bring your gun into the bar with you and it shouldn't be allowed at Presidential functions. Why? Because of the safty of the President. I'm pro-gun all day but not there. It's the wrong message.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Want a good example of how the Government will gladly suppress your Constitutional rights?

Whether you see it as justified or not is irrelevant. It is as blatant as kicking a chick at a chicken farm, in front of the farmer.

Try bringing a gun to a rally where Obama himself resides. Good luck with the whole Secret Service (SS) detention thing.

Good news is they cannot send you to Gitmo.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Like I said in the other thread. They claim these guys had "Assault Rifles". How do they know it was an assault rifle? CNN and other left wing media regularly interchange the term Assault Rifle and Assault Weapon. There is a big difference, but both invoke the image of a fully automatic machine gun. An Assault Weapon can be just about any semi automatic gun. Assault Rifles are fully automatic rifles. Just because these guys had rifles, doesn't mean they were fully automatic.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Glad to see that people standing up for and exercising their 2nd Amendment rights! This just goes to show that citizens can own guns without there being violence. Even these assault weapons, which is good because during his campaign Obama stated that he want the Assault Weapon Ban to be reinstated and made permanent.I am an ardent defender of the 2nd Amendment rights, and I hate it when the media and anti-gun groups make it seem as though every gun can and will be used in a crime

Behind every trigger to a gun is the finger of the person who pulls it. Like the famous saying goes, "Guns don't kill people; People kill people."

On another note, perhaps having one within direct range of the president isn't the best idea though. God forbid some extremist decides to take a page out of these guys' books and brings one, and something does happen... We can kiss any 2nd Amendment rights goodbye...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye

I'm pro-gun all day but not there. It's the wrong message.

You're pro-gun all the way?

I think not.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Another thread beat you by moments.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No big deal really, just a couple people willing to show that they're still allowed to exercise their rights. Arizona is a "right to carry" state.

No harm done, no arrests, everybody goes home.

Peace

yeah right...i'm sure this happened all the time at bush's rallys...you know protesters walking around with semi-auto's
the fact that a burst fire from one of these rifles could travel 2 blocks in a second makes that man a threat to the president and/or any staff member of the white house. and this is not even accounting for the people that were coming out to support him.
this man should have been arrested and put in prison, period. the fact that you use the 2nd amendment to condone this is way, way past any logical thinking skills.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LetTheTruthBeTold
Glad to see that people standing up for and exercising their 2nd Amendment rights! This just goes to show that citizens can own guns without there being violence. Even these assault weapons, which is good because during his campaign Obama stated that he want the Assault Weapon Ban to be reinstated and made permanent.I am an ardent defender of the 2nd Amendment rights, and I hate it when the media and anti-gun groups make it seem as though every gun can and will be used in a crime

Behind every trigger to a gun is the finger of the person who pulls it. Like the famous saying goes, "Guns don't kill people; People kill people."

On another note, perhaps having one within direct range of the president isn't the best idea though. God forbid some extremist decides to take a page out of these guys' books and brings one, and something does happen... We can kiss any 2nd Amendment rights goodbye...

if i was in charge of security, and i saw this person there, i would have had guns trained on this guy and have ordered my men to shoot him if his finger even went close to the trigger. these guns can kill and maim within a few seconds, that's what they are designed for.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

if i was in charge of security, and i saw this person there, i would have had guns trained on this guy

Oh don't worry, he was under heavy surveillance. They had guys watching him at all times just in case.

this man should have been arrested and put in prison, period.

He absolutely should not have. The Secret Service and the police did the right thing. They were watching him (and the other guys with guns) very closely to prevent anything from happening. Nothing did happen, so no harm was done. He did not break any laws at all, open carry is completely legal in Arizona. This just goes to show that people can have guns without a violent incident. It sets a good example where guns are around and nobody dies or is injured. The gun wasn't withdrawn or fired, it's owner was responsible enough to have it in public and not cause a problem.

The thing that I disagree with is bringing it to an event like this. Just because you are allowed to do something, doesn't mean you should. While these guys who have been bringing them to these events have no doubt been responsible individuals, and had no bad intentions, I am worried about the future. But, like I said before, it would be sad for somebody who is slightly off his keeter to bring one to an event like this and actually cause a problem. Not only would guns then be scorned at any and all times, but it would also truly be a tragedy if any human was injured or killed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join