It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives Now Outnumber Liberals in All 50 States, Says Gallup Poll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If there really were so many conservatives in this country then radical liberal Obama and his crew wouldn't be in the White House and Pelosi wouldn't be two heart beats away from the Oval Office. As much as I wish this country were more conservative, I'm thinking it's just not true.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hon, Obama will be a one time president and Pelosi will never see the oval office but as a guess.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Obama won because he was, with a big assist from the media, able to successfully portray himself as much more moderate than he really is. Not only that, but the GOP was in such disarray that they fielded a candidate in John McCain that not even they really liked. Simply put, the GOP was facing such a headwind that its not surprising that they lost.

The Dems already look likely to lose two governorships this fall. Corzine is being damaged by an unrelated recent Democratic party scandal, but his own popularity was in sharp decline before that happened. The Virginia race seems a more likely bellweather: a state that Obama won 53-47, roughly the same percentage as his national win, and where the two candidates go into it on an even footing. If the GOP candidate can hang onto that big lead and win three months from now, it should be a wake up call for the Dems heading into 2010.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
And your source is a right wing website?

I also thought that when Obama was first inaugurated and newly popular, polls were innaccurate and didn't mean anything.

Very weak "shoot the messenger" attempt ...

The source was actually from Gallup's own website here.

You liberals really thought you had it made after the last election. Now with obama ignoring campaign promises and backpedaling furiously on the things he's tried to do, you're not feeling so confident now, are you ...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
He's not ignoring them.

He's putting them off to the side until bigger fish are fried: the economy, health care, and a couple of other things.

So, if conservatives are going, "Obama's breaking campaign promises! He's not doing what he promised he'd do!" I don't listen.

Obama's got enough on his plate to deal with right now. So, if he allows some of the smaller promises to wait, that's going to have to happen.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
All this says is that independents identify as conservative when it comes to the hot topic of the day.

I'm not really sure how other way you could attempt to spin that while expecting some form of agreement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join