It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wednesday Phenomenon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
While reading The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel, I came across what he called the Wednesday phenomenon. It is basically the idea that the largest percentage of UFO sightings occur on Wednesday. As a person who is interested in seeing a UFO, this interests me. Would be interested in seeing any comments on this phenomenon. Do you think John Keel's theory is now out of date or that things have changed(The book was published in 1975)?

Below are some quotes about John Keel's Wednesday phenomenon from technoprophecy.net...

The Wednesday phenomenon simply stated is that the greatest number of UFO sightings takes place on Wednesday - about 20%. That percentage, says Keel, is "well beyond the laws of chance and averages."

"So if you are eager to see a genuine example of our phenomenon, pick a good Wednesday or Saturday evening, visit the highest ground in the area closest to you which has a magnetic fault, and watch the sky around 10PM. The best times are the last two weeks in March and the first two weeks in April, all of July-August, the last two weeks in October, and the first weeks in November and December."

"The Wednesday phenomenon is quite evident in the historical events as well as in the contemporary sightings. A disproportionate number of UFO events seem to be concentrated on Wednesdays and Saturdays, particularly the landing and contact cases. The frequency of the Wednesday-Saturday events immediately removes the phenomenon from a framework of chance or coincidence. After I discovered this basic pattern in 1966-67, other researchers checked it with their own data and verified it. Historian Lucius Farish uncovered a number of early statements and cases which further indicated that this Wednesday phenomenon had been observed and reported upon long ago. In Myth and Legend of Ancient Israel, by Angelo S. Rappaport, the following statement appears:

Concerning "demons": They lodge in trees, caper bushes, in gardens, vineyards, in ruined and desolate houses, and dirty places. To go alone into such places is dangerous, and the eves of Wednesday and Saturday were considered dangerous times. Agrath [daughter of the she-demon Makhlath] commands hosts of evil spirits and demons and rides in a big chariot. Her power is paramount on Wednesdays and Saturdays, for on these days Agrath, the daughter of Makhlath, roves about in the air accompanied by eighteen myriads of evil spirits."

[edit on 17-8-2009 by kitfox]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Also, how do you find these magnetic faults Keel refers to? I did a quick search on google, but I couldn't find anything that seemed useful for my area(Michigan). Wikipedia also didn't have a magnetic fault page.

"So if you are eager to see a genuine example of our phenomenon, pick a good Wednesday or Saturday evening, visit the highest ground in the area closest to you which has a magnetic fault, and watch the sky around 10PM. The best times are the last two weeks in March and the first two weeks in April, all of July-August, the last two weeks in October, and the first weeks in November and December."

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Given what Keel postulates at times. I do wonder if, by pointing this out in his book he doing the following.

On the one hand challenging the possible intelligence behind the phenomenon to show itself in some way. That is, if we are now sufficiently evolved as a society to have to spend analysing such data to draw any sort of conclusion. Then, are we not ready to be granted a deeper insight into what is going on?

Plus, by brining it to people's attention keel is deliberately seeking to experiment to see if the pattern now changes and that the preponderance of sightings moves to another part of the week. Then to try and ascertain is this through human action or was it a reaction to him publishing the book.

Keel was very much a *work in progress* author when it came to these sort of subjects. He was as much about encouraging people to study the phenomena themselves as he was about offering up solutions to it. It is worth remembering that when reading his works. he is talking directly to the reader in an attempt to engage them in a mass experiment not just preaching his explanation.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
UFO Hunters and UFO Files used to come on on Wends. night!!
lol never heard that before, but interesting, dnt mind the comment, i had to seeing is how thats the night the 2 shows come on

top topics

join