It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple thing anyone can try...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Years ago I read a book on UFOs (not a terribly memorable one I fear, because this is the only thing I can remember about it) that suggested a very simple "experiment" anyone can try.

Just ask everyone you know whether they've seen a UFO.

I did, for a while, and the results were interesting. I'm going to refer to people by their real forst names otherwise I'll never keep track, but obviously no other identity details will be forthcoming. Here's just a sample of the replies I got.

Andre was driving into town with a mate to go to the pub. There was an odd flash and although the journey seemed not to have been interrupted, the pubs were all closed by the time they got into town. It was a ten-minute drive that took about three hours.

Peter was crossing London Bridge on foot when he happened to look up and saw what looked like a rotating disc with its circular aspect head-on. He asked passersby if they could see it too, but they couldn't. Very odd.

Sonia was hiking with her brother in the forests north of Montreal when they noticed what looked like a pair of car headlights in the sky. Cue missing time.

Rupert was (as a teenager) mucking about at night in woods close to Glastonbury, where he used to live, when an enormous, golden, crescent shape filled the sky above them and then, zip! it was gone. He and his chums completely freaked.

Doc and his brother were abducted as children from right outside their home in a town in Louisiana (can't remember which, sorry folks). His uncle dropped them off at home and as they walked up to the front door, Doc noticed the whole family staring out the window. He got inside, looked out and saw they were staring raptly at enormous UFOs (plural) slowly drifting overhead. They both rushed back outside... missing time... and the family don't remember anything about this. His brother was quite scarred and was never the same again.

Sean saw a strange light descend into the sea off the Sussex coast.

There are others, but it's been a long time since I asked around. The people I've named are (or in some cases were, until we lost touch) among my closest friends, which is why I remember their stories better. None of them were BSing me, I'm certain.

The conclusion I draw from this is that there's WAY more sightings than ever get reported. NONE of my friends had reported the incidents.

pesky tags...

[edit on 17-8-2009 by rich23]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

I was a flight attendant a few years ago and I asked every pilot I became friends with if they had seen a UFO. Nobody had. I couldn't believe it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I'm surprised myself, though not as surprised as I was by how many people said they had seen one when I started asking around.

Of course, if you'd asked all the passengers you'd have had a much bigger sample but I suspect you might have become a talking point yourself

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm in Michigan and there was a poll on the local news whether or not anyone had ever seen a UFO. You had to go to the website to take the poll. I went to the website and about 80% of the people had reported seeing UFOs. After a short time, maybe a day, the poll was taken down and the final results were never reported.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hi, UFO fans.

Originally posted by theyreadmymind
. . .the poll was taken down and the final results were never reported.

That really shows how "brainwashed" those making the pole, or their
bosses, are !!

Same brainwash the pilots have had about "telling" **anybody** if
they did see a UFO.
They pretended to be a friend, man or else some would have
told you they did see a UFO !

[ My "in laws" did see a UFO, at Drummondville, Quebec, Canada,
over the Sylvania shop ! ]

Blue skies.

top topics

join