It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Stealth Jet - On par with American jet aircraft

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by mattifikation

Sorry dude, you posted your other post when I was in the process of replying to your post before that. I did not even notice until today. Please do not make me out to be ignorant because I only call things as I see them; I can be fair if I want to.

It's all good. At least you like zombies.

I think the U.S.'s priorities are, sadly, focusing on fighting against civilians rather than enemy governments. I think when you're sitting on enough nuclear firepower to radiate the planet 20 times over, whether or not you can "invade" your biggest enemy isn't much of a concern.

I don't think they intend to ever *need* the ability to get past Russia's most advanced radar and fighters... only the occasional exported versions to deal with the "little countries" that get out of line.

I think the real challenge they are preparing for within the next decade, is to take on an approximately 300 million-numbered civilian population. We don't even have radar. :-/

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You mean the US government vs its people? The US government has been preparing for years... probably because it happened once before with the British and after USSR collapsed, an internal war within the US superpower becomes plausible.

The only real part of the government that needs to be neutralized is the vastly unknown and dominant intelligence community. Good luck

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The Russians always build better (cheaper too) planes than you americans & Your bias " we are the best nonsense" is ridiculous !

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is crazy, looks like a direct copy of the F22.

Anyway, ive made a couple of my own designs. Im wondering who do i present them to RAF or USAF

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
it may be an f-22 competitor but can it take the JSF. the JSF was the f-22's replacement and is faster and has more advanced optics and avionics. I know people that work for high-performance tech companies and they all say that to beat the JSF, the other aircraft has to be as invisible as air.

It's not the F-22 predecessor, it's the F-22's counterpart. The F-22 is not a bomber by any means, it's a Fighter, thus the designation letter. F = fighter. B = Bomber.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by paraphi

Yep. A mere artist's "rendering".

to "phi1618":
A mere "conceptual" mock-up ... nothing more.

a bit fantastical even.

not to discount their efforts nor capabilities ... just sayin' ... it'll be a while 'til they're of side-by-side "comparison".

That's all.

Ive always viewed the russian as comparable to rhe US, just in different ways For example our naval power lies with out ships and aircraft carriers, while theirs lies in submarines. Russia like Germany ( during ww2) are really big on tanks, their new tanks are on par with our tanks.

2 sides of the same coin in my book, no pushover that is
if war did break out between the US and Russia the world would be in big trouble.

Um, our subs don't have to emerge from the water to launch nukes.
We also have an answer to their little tanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldBoy
The Russians always build better (cheaper too) planes than you americans & Your bias " we are the best nonsense" is ridiculous !

According to the numbers, we have bragging rights.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Indeed, Russia should produce a squad of Berkuts just to fly over its enemies before they attack. Maybe even add Stuka siren technology, any soldier would crap themselves at the sight of this formation

You do know that Berkut is just a model and not a active fighter right? Also in Alaska there's always 22s and 15s on alert status right? Good luck even getting near California or the East Coast.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That's presumptuous.
It's a shame they were no where to be seen on 9-11.
It doesn't matter how big you think you are, there's always someone, somewhere who is bigger. Ain't that the truth.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans

it may be an f-22 competitor but can it take the JSF. the JSF was the f-22's replacement and is faster and has more advanced optics and avionics. I know people that work for high-performance tech companies and they all say that to beat the JSF, the other aircraft has to be as invisible as air.

It's not the F-22 predecessor, it's the F-22's counterpart. The F-22 is not a bomber by any means, it's a Fighter, thus the designation letter. F = fighter. B = Bomber.

Actually its designation for a bit was F/A-22, because of its strike role. In can drop bombs too ya know. The F-117 was basically a bomber, and the F-22 had taken up much of that capability.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans

Actually its designation for a bit was F/A-22, because of its strike role. In can drop bombs too ya know. The F-117 was basically a bomber, and the F-22 had taken up much of that capability.

Originally yes, but they figured it'd be a air dominance fighter rather than multi-role even though it can do that as well. The Designation is F not F/A like the 18. 117 was a light bomber, I still don't understand why it was a F. It couldn't even defend itself in the air against other fighters.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
That's presumptuous.
It's a shame they were no where to be seen on 9-11.
It doesn't matter how big you think you are, there's always someone, somewhere who is bigger. Ain't that the truth.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by kindred]

That's because of there were only like 10 jets on alert status then. Try doing that now with Noble Eagle, and without the civilians on the jet AND air marshalls trying to kill you. Good luck.

(Really, a 9/11 reference wow! Real good one!
:up

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

the jsf is air-to-air capable except for the marine corps version... it can outrun a f-22 it wouldnt matter anyway

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

the f-117 was to fool the russians and it worked until the bosnians managed to shoot one down

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Russian Stealth Jet - On par with American jet aircraft

How are they on par with the U.S.A. when they don't even have a prototype??

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Maybe if you paid attention you would know that they have two built, one being an airframe for wind tunnel research and the other is a prototype apparently in "landing testing" stage. It's supposed to be introduced in November.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'll believe it when I see it. Having an artists rendition of a plane that is par with taking off and landing of American aircraft. Not very impressive.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Link to article. Article is about some problems with the engines but it still states that there is a prototype undergoing field trials.

My bad, there's three test airframes built, not two. Artist renditions have little to do with anything

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Does it really matter?

The nations of the world have not had a major war since world war 2 ended that required our armies,air force and navies to compete against each other.

Trillions of dollars have been spent to build countless planes, machines and ships that were used and then scrapped from old age without ever being used for which they were designed or.

Meanwhile we're at a stalemate with a bunch of guys hiding in caves.Most of the deaths are by remote controlled explosives.

The F-22 and the F-35 are useless in the wars we have been fighting and have no tactical value.

In the meantime the Air Force is spending Billions of dollars to rebuild all the A-10 Warthogs.

The same frigging planes they wanted to get rid of before the first Gulf War because they considered them nonessential.

Let the Russians build as many as they can.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wow the mis-info floating around the PAK-FA, F-22, and F-35.

The F-35 would never out run an F-22, nor would it out turn it. Oh and the F-35 is to replace the A-10, F-16, and F-18's. So it is relevant to the wars we are fighting today.

The F-22 does have strike abilities, however they are very limited. However the F-22 like the Typhoon was made to be highly upgradeable, so new missiles electronics, radar suites, and even new stealth can all be applied. The F-22 is suppose to bridge air dominance from man to UAV, which it will.

The PAK-FA, is a Joint project with India. The PAK-FA jet engines have problems www.domain-b.com... "Speaking at the MAKS air show outside Moscow, Col Gen Alexander Zelin said: "For the time being, the aircraft will use Saturn engines. There are problems, I admit, but research is continuing." " On top of those issues they haven't even decided on wing formation. They also have serious airframe issues. The Indian version is suppose to be a two seater, however the PAK-FA was only designed as a one seater. All this added to the fact that it it will be at least 10 years before even begins production. Besides this has 5th generation crap from Russia has been going on for at least the past 10 years. So I will believe it when I see it...

I personally think the J-XX program is much more interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join