It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Stealth Jet - On par with American jet aircraft

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f5a18571851.jpg[/atsimg]

Now Russia has its own stealth jet bomber. They promise to have it here already this year and start producing it in series starting 2010. They tell that the design of the plane is still kept secret and those sketches are the only clue that people have, but as it is known it would be a decent F-22 competitor.

More Pictures

[edit on 17-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I personally know so many people that truly believe that the united states has the best fighter jets and military equipment. Based on what ive seen thought my travels and online, there are several countries that would give the USA a run for its money in a tech war.

Its time that we wake up and smell the roses, the world is changing and the old power structures are fading away or changing. If a conflict does occur with Russia as has been suggested by severs on this board and on the alternative news and such, we will have a hell of a a hard fight.

beyond that this is an amazingly sleek piece of technology

[edit on 17-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It is an artist impression. Fantasy art. This is just one of several impressions to have appeared in recent years.

Regards

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
it may be an f-22 competitor but can it take the JSF. the JSF was the f-22's replacement and is faster and has more advanced optics and avionics. I know people that work for high-performance tech companies and they all say that to beat the JSF, the other aircraft has to be as invisible as air.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It's so stealthy we don't even know what it looks like.....
Don't be so eager to jump on the USA is dead bandwagon. That may be the case in the future but for now try to keep your enthusiasm in check.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

yes but they are building it, sure the final product may look different but its still going to be there. Well never see the technical specs on one, we may only see a picture or an artistic drawing. BUt it does exist and that's the point of this thread

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Yep. A mere artist's "rendering".

to "phi1618":
A mere "conceptual" mock-up ... nothing more.

a bit fantastical even.

not to discount their efforts nor capabilities ... just sayin' ... it'll be a while 'til they're of side-by-side "comparison".

That's all.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
It's so stealthy we don't even know what it looks like.....
Don't be so eager to jump on the USA is dead bandwagon. That may be the case in the future but for now try to keep your enthusiasm in check.

not what i was getting at

simply stating that others have technology that is comparable to us and the playing field is more even now

we as a nation should "deny Ignorance" and realize the old methods wont fly

During the cold war things where similar except it was only one nation, russia. Now we have china, russia, and even India ( less than the other 2 ) to worry about.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Here is another artist rendering:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a54d3dfe1c65.jpg[/atsimg]

Just my 2 (worthless) cents

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by paraphi

Yep. A mere artist's "rendering".

to "phi1618":
A mere "conceptual" mock-up ... nothing more.

a bit fantastical even.

not to discount their efforts nor capabilities ... just sayin' ... it'll be a while 'til they're of side-by-side "comparison".

That's all.

Ive always viewed the russian as comparable to rhe US, just in different ways For example our naval power lies with out ships and aircraft carriers, while theirs lies in submarines. Russia like Germany ( during ww2) are really big on tanks, their new tanks are on par with our tanks.

2 sides of the same coin in my book, no pushover that is
if war did break out between the US and Russia the world would be in big trouble.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Our arrogance is always amusing whe it comes to our (US) military. No one is saying it's going to be better than the F-22 or JSF. But you guys are naive if you think other countries aren't catching up with the late great US military might. This is the 21st century where information and technological breakthrough and innovation happens in a matter of months not years. Russia is advancing, so is China. America is bankrupt. The playing field will be even a lot sooner than you think militarily. The Chinese have been stealing secrets from us for decades. Don't think the Russians are out of the loop either. Our country is too open, especially who we employ in our major defense companies. The greatest trick the devil ever played was making everyone think he didn't exist. Keep downplaying the capabilities of Russia. It will bite us in the ass one day.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Love that picture gave me a good laugh
not a worthless 2 cents in any way

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Our arrogance is always amusing whe it comes to our (US) military. No one is saying it's going to be better than the F-22 or JSF. But you guys are naive if you think other countries aren't catching up with the late great US military might. This is the 21st century where information and technological breakthrough and innovation happens in a matter of months not years. Russia is advancing, so is China. America is bankrupt. The playing field will be even a lot sooner than you think militarily. The Chinese have been stealing secrets from us for decades. Don't think the Russians are out of the loop either. Our country is too open, especially who we employ in our major defense companies. The greatest trick the devil ever played was making everyone think he didn't exist. Keep downplaying the capabilities of Russia. It will bite us in the ass one day.

good point
this is what i was trying to say with this post, we really need to watch out backs

love the revolver reference btw
if thats what it was.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Great artist 'rendering'.....lol. I abolutely believe the Russians have something as high tech as the 'rendering'; they're aren't gonna just give away their best secrets..

S&F

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't think the Russians will be on par with the US anytime soon. The US has had stealth for over 20 years

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Well it sure LOOKS cooler than the F-22, but as already pointed out, it is FAR from functional right now. I also think we should keep in mind the USA's ultra black programs, just because the most advanced aircraft we are TOLD is the F-22 I am about 99.99999999% sure we have stuff about 50 years (at least) in advance of that one. I highly doubt any country is even remotely close to our true capabilities on the technological front.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here is a pic of a prototype called the Mig 1.44

www.strange-mecha.com...

members.lycos.co.uk...

www.fas.org...

It is real similar to the Euro fighter Typhoon.

From what I understand the PAC-FA a combination of the Mig 1.44, and the Su-47 en.wikipedia.org... . It has not made it to a production model yet.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the late 1980s, the Soviet Union outlined a need for a next-generation aircraft to replace its MiG-29 and Su-27 in frontline service. Two projects were proposed to meet this need, the Sukhoi Su-47 and the Mikoyan Project 1.44. In 2002, Sukhoi was chosen to lead the design for the new combat aircraft. The PAK FA will incorporate technology from both the Su-47 and the MiG 1.44.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by phi1618

Well it sure LOOKS cooler than the F-22, but as already pointed out, it is FAR from functional right now. I also think we should keep in mind the USA's ultra black programs, just because the most advanced aircraft we are TOLD is the F-22 I am about 99.99999999% sure we have stuff about 50 years (at least) in advance of that one. I highly doubt any country is even remotely close to our true capabilities on the technological front.

Its very possible, but it is also possible for other countries. I wouldn't bee surprised if the Russians or Chinese had similar tech which we have no knowledge of.

If the rumors of reverse engineered alien craft are true, i would imagine china leading the way as they are masters of reverse engineering.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by phi1618

Well it sure LOOKS cooler than the F-22, but as already pointed out, it is FAR from functional right now.

Says you? Russian government has been saying there are already prototypes made and now it sounds like they've already started the experimental models and moving on to production models soon.

Sukhoi makes the sexiest aircraft ever... in my opinion, Su-37 Terminator is the greatest fighter ever. Too bad only two were ever officially built. Stealth is good against ragtag armies but is too much untested faith is put into it against advanced theater SAM systems like the S-400. And it's not like stealth is going to do much in a dogfight, right? Especially not cannons when you use your eyes to aim.

Even so, I think the Russians are still going on with plasma stealth project and it will be very useful when hunter killer squads come out of the blue and strike US carriers

Its very possible, but it is also possible for other countries. I wouldn't bee surprised if the Russians or Chinese had similar tech which we have no knowledge of.

Russia is supposed to be developing a 5th generation fighter with India, a one-engine design not dissimilar to the JSF-35. Speaking of the F-35, whoever said it is superior than the F-22 should probably use some common sense. F-35 is cheaper and much smaller, and it is also a STOL/VTOL craft.

It wouldn't stand much of a chance against a large stealth air-supremacy Sukhoi fighter in a dogfight, IMO. I think the F-35 is best suited for quick deployment (VTOL) in environments where larger fighters have a hard time deploying, like in the middle of a jungle or on the ocean. I wouldn't waste them against heavy fighters though.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I agree their jets are always very sleek and sexy..not to mention functional !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join