It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay men attacked, executed in Iraq, rights group says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Gay men attacked, executed in Iraq, rights group says

www.cnn.com

Hundreds of gay men have been tortured and killed in Iraq in recent months, some by the nation's security forces, Human Rights Watch said Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Listen up Christians!

This is what your anti-gay agenda leads to.

Is this what you want? Because this is what happens when religious people assume that gay folks are sinful.

I think anyone who is anti-gay should be hauled in for treason against the principles of freedom, because it leads to this.

www.cnn.com

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Does not surprise me that this is happening at all. Look at the state of Christian countries, where Homosexuals/Lesbians are attacked, assaulted etc.

The Majority would probably be higher, alot of these incidents have not ben reported.

Obviously in Christianities eyes Homosexuality is a abomination to God.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why the hell are you talking about Christians when it is about Iraq? You do realize in MUSLIM countries they still kill people for being gay? (see Iran). What is disturbing is just HOW some of these poor people are killed. On the BBC they said they glued some of these men's anuses shut and then force fed them laxatives. Sounds like something they would do in the movie Hostel or something...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
God that makes me feel sick.
Yes 'real' men glue some poor souls anus....however did people get so sick as to even be able to think of doing that?
'Real' men in Afghanistan beat their wives until the women set themselves alight just to try to get it to stop. Married at 9 to some 60 year old freak, selling them for sex to other 'real' men, they disfigure themselves or die to get away.
Some 'real' men kill their daughters by stomping on their throats and get their 'real' men sons to join in to defend their 'honour'.
And 'real' men the world over kill gay men for not being 'real' men.
Yeah, pathetic, inadequate animals.
'Real' men like this deserve everything they get when they meet their maker. They make me sick.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
They make me sick.

I am really tired of being human. I don't know what better alternative there is. Maybe I can just be some form of energy like heat...but I don't like being human.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This sort of behaviour won't stop anytime soon sadly.

It's been going on for as long as we've been getting human rights news out of Muslim countries.

The really sad part is that there are no laws to help prevent this sort of thing, or bring the perpatrators to trial.

Ohh well, another day in the 51% negative world. Let's not fret, it's all coming to an end soon enough.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Why the hell are you talking about Christians when it is about Iraq? You do realize in MUSLIM countries they still kill people for being gay? (see Iran).

Are you saying people aren't killed because they are gay in the U.S.?

What is disturbing is just HOW some of these poor people are killed. On the BBC they said they glued some of these men's anuses shut and then force fed them laxatives. Sounds like something they would do in the movie Hostel or something...

Indeed... this is the true abomination, these people who did this, those who encourage the belief systems which lead to this. I ain't got no problem in leaning on a spiritual higher power to get through your bad trips, but if you find yourself believing people are sinful for being gay, then it leads to the justification for this true abomination.

The devil is the one who justifies his hatred with the word of God.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
God that makes me feel sick.
Yes 'real' men glue some poor souls anus....however did people get so sick as to even be able to think of doing that?
'Real' men in Afghanistan beat their wives until the women set themselves alight just to try to get it to stop. Married at 9 to some 60 year old freak, selling them for sex to other 'real' men, they disfigure themselves or die to get away.
Some 'real' men kill their daughters by stomping on their throats and get their 'real' men sons to join in to defend their 'honour'.
And 'real' men the world over kill gay men for not being 'real' men.
Yeah, pathetic, inadequate animals.
'Real' men like this deserve everything they get when they meet their maker. They make me sick.

I completely agree with your entire post. It's amazing that you and I, who have such different political leanings can completely agree on this.

Which is proof that these kind of things are not a conservative thing, they are not a liberal thing, they are the work of those who are anti-freedom. I believe this to be because of their own hate.

Indeed, it's the same reason that Rome hated the Greeks. They believed them to be too effeminate.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Listen up Christians!

This quote:

"The Shiite people started this war and especially what happened in Sadr City," Qaisar said",

is the ONLY source in the article that YOU cited that has any reference to who was doing the killing. It did not state that Christians were murdering gay men.

It IS a Moslem country and Moslem countries do have a history of this.

Obviously your problem is with Christians and not with the people that actually commited these murders.

Self righteous moral outrage is fine but misdirected hatred on your part won't help anything.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Listen up Christians!

Is this what you want? Because this is what happens when religious people assume that gay folks are sinful.

I think anyone who is anti-gay should be hauled in for treason against the principles of freedom, because it leads to this.

www.cnn.com

listen up christians?
I honestly think that from your posts that you are mentally challenged.
you compare not having marital rights to being murdered by the state.
wow.
congrats you're my first ignore.
i know that makes me a right wing, homosexual hating terrorist but whatever.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Are you saying people aren't killed because they are gay in the U.S.?

No...? When did I ever insinuate that? But the U.S. government doesn't hang kids for being gay. Iran does. There's a difference. Sure there are some a*s holes in the U.S. who like to kill and hate gay people. But that isn't reflective on our government or people on a whole. You can have gay pride parades outside the Capitol. In Iraq...you can't even talk about being gay for fear of having your anus being glued shut and being force fed laxatives. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE MY DEAR.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I doubt very much the Mahdi Army & Moqtada Al-Sadr watch the 700 Club.

The Mahdi Army are killing Iraqi men not only because they're homosexual, or thought to be homosexual ; they're killing them because they're leading a Western lifestyle. Guys who dress as we do, who shave their faces, who watch our tv shows & listen to our music.

Some Moslem clerics regard Westernised males as being a third sex who should be killed off. That includes gay men. The Mahdi Army seems happy to oblige.

These are Moslem guys being killed by fellow Moslems. There's no Christian input whatever. The Iraqi authorities are trying their best (and failing) to identify & catch the perpetrators ; they need help.

It's the backwardness of some Moslem clerics which has caused this, combined with the opportunism of Al-Sadr & his thugs.

It's got nothing to do with Christians whatever.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Bravo. It usually takes 3-4 posts for a thread on Islamic culture to deflect to Christianity. Kudos to getting that out of the way in the OP.

Do you have any thoughts on the actual events in Iraq perpetrated by Islamic militia groups against homosexuals now that you've gotten your thoughts on Christianity out of your system or is that too politically incorrect?

So you're into the concept of thought crimes?

And let's just get this out of the way: I'm not anti-gay nor would I ever hurt anyone, nevertheless for their orientation. But I do believe engaging in homosexual acts is a sin according to my faith and I should have the right to believe that because I cannot help the way I feel about it.

Should I ask for you to be hauled in for treason due to your opinions regarding Christianity because that could possibly lead to THIS?

No. No, I shouldn't.

[edit on 8/17/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Thank you for being the voice of clarity and reason
(again)

I saw your post just in time. Was about to click out of this thread.

Not sure why anyone would cite BBC as a reliable source. But it does make you realise how easy it is to jerk the public's strings with these 'news reports'.

I sincerely hope people see your post before posting themselves

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wow talk about hate speech... Do a little research next time before vomiting up all that satanic passion.

One thing about Christianized nations, you know ones who's modern legal codes are based on Christian values like Europe and America - [yes that's right it's historical fact]- is that although homosexuality is not officially endorsed it is tolerated.

Not so in Islam. In Iran and Saudi Arabia the penalty ranges from a few years in a horrendous prison to death. Usually they are just shot on the spot...

Research.... try it

Homosexuality Laws in Muslim Countries

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Listen up Christians!

www.cnn.com

listen up christians?
I honestly think that from your posts that you are mentally challenged.
you compare not having marital rights to being murdered by the state.
wow.
congrats you're my first ignore.
i know that makes me a right wing, homosexual hating terrorist but whatever.

How many folks are killed annually because they are Gay in our great Christian nation?

How many churches spew hate toward the homosexual community?

Remember when someone says that you are sinful for being gay that means they hate you. You might as well say they are sinful for being black.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Wow talk about hate speech... Do a little research next time before vomiting up all that satanic passion.

One thing about Christianized nations, you know ones who's modern legal codes are based on Christian values like Europe and America - [yes that's right it's historical fact]- is that although homosexuality is not officially endorsed it is tolerated.

Indeed it is, by the secular community, not the Christian community. They don't tolerate it one bit. It's sinful in their eyes, an abomination.

Not so in Islam. In Iran and Saudi Arabia the penalty ranges from a few years in a horrendous prison to death. Usually they are just shot on the spot...

Research.... try it

Homosexuality Laws in Muslim Countries

Have you ever seen Jesus camp? Fred Phelps?

I don't think you understand the degree of hatred spewed toward the LGBT community from the pulpit.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Bravo. It usually takes 3-4 posts for a thread on Islamic culture to deflect to Christianity. Kudos to getting that out of the way in the OP.

Do you have any thoughts on the actual events in Iraq perpetrated by Islamic militia groups against homosexuals now that you've gotten your thoughts on Christianity out of your system or is that too politically incorrect?

So you're into the concept of thought crimes?

And let's just get this out of the way: I'm not anti-gay nor would I ever hurt anyone, nevertheless for their orientation. But I do believe engaging in homosexual acts is a sin according to my faith and I should have the right to believe that because I cannot help the way I feel about it.

Should I ask for you to be hauled in for treason due to your opinions regarding Christianity because that could possibly lead to THIS?

No. No, I shouldn't.

[edit on 8/17/2009 by AshleyD]

Ashley, any religion which preaches that people of a certain type are sinful and an abomination is preaching hate speech.

Eventually people will see that these Abrahamic religions are poison. They were created by warriors in a very difficult time in history, and now they are obsolete artifacts clung to by the insecure.

I just want people to grow up and stop this senseless hatred toward others.

top topics

join