It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abc News : Abducted by Aliens: Believers Tell Their Stories

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
SETI is a waste of time and I'll tell you why. How can we detect something that wasn't there long ago. Nothing we have can see or hear is in real time. A transmission would have to be sent from a close distance for us to detect it, because radio transmissions move through space as fast the speed of light that are coming from far away, how could they detect what hasn't even happened yet just like with telescopes can only see the past. So how do we see real time? Shuttle missions. We all know about many suspect objects seen during shuttle missions.
As far as going to Mars, I can see us needing another planet to live on when this one becomes uninhabitable. Mars is the closet one capable of this.
I know things I've seen are not of this planet, but until an ET comes face to face with some of you, it will never be enough.

Every time some one says "that's impossible" I just think back to pre-Columbus days. Every one KNEW the earth was flat!!!!!!!! Well.........?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by sickofitall2012]

agreed!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm still more interested in tests such as the FMRI and any others that can suggest something besides what these skeptics always say. I missed the first 10 or so minutes of the program and didn't follow the show as well as I should have.

I guess I've grown bored with peoples accounts and wait for stronger evidence. The skeptics are also ignored and the whole thing itself becomes more like the sleep paralysis excuse, like some comercial we mute. ( low expectations)

As for the claims of the best abductee or contactee, I'm sure that information has yet be known by the public. There does seem to be some type of war going on for disclosure, but I would think that would have turned by now using extreme measures. I guess we don't know all the answers to that one either, unless, the others know ahead of time, such as with advanced remote viewing?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
LOL....Well there you have it folks. Some bug-eyed "harvard expert" comes on and let's all of these people know that they are stupid, and victims of their own sleep-disorder delusions. LMAO

I actually had some high hopes this was going to be an open-minded program, but---This was another CORPO-MEDIA disinfo show, that followed EXACTLY the status quo formula, where a few people are given the opportunity to tell bits and pieces of their stories, then ALWAYS are followed up with the skeptic and debunker getting the last word in, like an exclamation point, at the end of the show, to brainwash the audience, of "there's nothing to see here folks, move on" nonsense. This type of propaganda, and dumbing down of the audience has ran its course.

Some of these people experiencing these things are having physical symptoms left behind, are having craft being FILMED above their location, and in the case of the twins, they have BOTH been aboard a craft simultaniously and were aware of each other's presence, as well as sequencing of events that occured. Also, in the twin's case, one thing that was conveniently left out is that the ENTIRE family have ALL experienced events, even folks within the family who are skeptics and cynics to the subject of ETs / UFOs.

Congrats abc on letting us know you are still firmly embedded in shilling and doing the propaganda garbage routine. Can't say I'm surprised though. Oh well.

agreed also!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sorry, wrong thread.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by curious_soul]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Our current knowledge of the unknown is based upon the imagination. Thanks for proving me right. At this current moment in history, there is nothing to support the existence of alien made UFOs. Its all based upon pop culture and the imagination.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Pathos]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

First of all, your ridiculous quote session was both unnecessary, and against the rules.

Secondly, you didn't do yourself any favours.

Are you going to actually do what you say, and examine all the evidence that's existed for hundreds of years, and give us a definitive answer? Governments all over the world haven't been able to do that. They all have plenty of cases they CAN'T explain.

Our own existance is based on imagination. We don't know how we came to be. I guess that means we don't exist.

A great deal of science is also based on imagination. There is no proof.

So until you pull a black hole out of your rear end, I don't expect you to have any answers.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't care if your skeptic or not, here is something we can all agree on.

This was a blatant attack on every abducted that was ever abducted ever. Even the interviewer was completely condescending. They brought on experts to discredit every abductee not just the awful cases featured. It didn't seem like a fair fight, and it definitely was the furthest thing from objective. [snip]

It wasn't even up for discussion. They let them tell their stories and then they threw em into an anaconda ball pit.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by DaMod]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

This was a blatant attack on every abducted that was ever abducted ever. Even the interviewer was completely condescending. They brought on experts to discredit every abductee not just the awful cases featured. It didn't seem like a fair fight, and it definitely was the furthest thing from objective. [snip]

I don't think we can all agree on that.

First of all, I believe in the possibility of abductions, and the Travis Walton case is one that sounds like it could be a genuine abduction to me. One of the distinguishing features is that there are other witnesses.

As for the abductions that occur without other witnesses, I think we have to study the different types of sleep paralysis, whether it's possible to have dreams while you're half-awake (I've done that before so I can say it IS possible) and since you're half awake it can be difficult to distinguish the dream from reality.

So what you see as an attack, I see as offering a logical explanation of what these people could be experiencing, that's quite a bit different from an attack. But I don't interpret that as a dismissal that all abductions are dreams, because if there are other witnesses as in the Travis Walton case, the "sleep paralysis-dreaming" theory doesn't hold water.

Edit out profanity.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I don't think we can all agree on that.

First of all, I believe in the possibility of abductions

Isn't that the point he was making? They flat out stated that ALL abductions are sleep paralysis.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I thought I would add a few papers which review Dr. Susan Clancy's research. They are quite damning and certainly tend to show that she is a practioner of "junk science". (opinion and dogma presented as scientific research).

Stanton Friedman reviews Dr. Susan Clancy's book "Abducted"

David Jacob review of "Abducted" by Susan Clancy

This does tend to buttress those who suggest the entire ABC "documentary" was a deliberate mis-representation of the whole alien abduction phenomena.

I don't know if anyone caught this last night when they were talking about Dr. John Mack and Clancy sort of laughed and rolled her eyes and made some quip suggesting people who believed him because he was a "Harvard professor" were gullible? Wouldn't the same be said of networks who refer to her Harvard credentials when it has been amply demonstrated that she knows very little about the subject matter and skews her research to buttress her biased views??

[edit on 19-8-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

It wasn't even up for discussion. They let them tell their stories and then they threw em into an anaconda ball pit.

I will agree with one thing. You cannot come to a definitive conclusion by watching a one hour expose. I think the 'experiencers' made a mockery of themselves. You cannot examine this issue without inviting scientific or psychological experts. One of the psychologists was bias towards UFOs, and the second scientist was playing the unbiased card. Since the existence of alien made UFOs has not been 100% proven, you are always going to have a panel of credible scientists. You do this for religion, UFOs, and other phenomenon.

I WANT to believe UFOs are visiting modern Earth, but I have not seen any definitive proof that says they have. I am waiting for something that everyone can see, touch, and smell. Sleep Paralysis is one out of many valid explanations for what these people are experiencing. Its not a definitive answer, but it is a 'known' scientific explanation.

After reading through many comments on the subject, I think believers will dismiss anything that is in contradiction to what they want to hear. You can hide a camera in these people's rooms (without them knowing), video them throughout the night, they wake up the next morning saying they were abducted, show them that they never once left the bed, and they will still disbelieve 'truth'. Its a religion to some of these people, and that is a hard thing to get passed.

Instead of Jesus Christ at the center of this phenomenon, several believers replace him with a gray alien.

When multiple people are going through the same experience, there is also another psychological term called "Mass Hallucination". Its very common.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Pathos]

Edit for profanity.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

As I watched Primetime, and saw their selection of abductees tell their stories, I knew what was coming next. They couldn't even wait halfway into the show before bringing the shrinks on. They were so determined to convince the viewer that these folks were experiencing "sleep paralysis" and imagining things, that they had to bring on Harvard shrinks to "debunk" the abductees.

Thats what I thought would happen.
The ET stories must be explained away just as the UFOs.
No ETs and no UFOs.

I missed this show but would most likely think ET are rubbish and UFOs
are the Tesla craft.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by MegaCurious I wonder why they tried so hard to try convincing us that these folks were imagining things? Please, tell us.

Let me try.
UFOs are tip top secret.

Von Braun was involved in the saucer production in1945 New Mexico.
Alamogordo, NM housed the German saucer pilot trainers.
The 1950s UFOs over D.C. proved we could make what Tesla showed us
how.

The Tesla Liberty in New Mexico's Los Alamos' Robert Oppenheimer Library
should have most of the details.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join