It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Canadian Med. Assoc.: "Health Care System is imploding"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

President of Canadian Med. Assoc.: "Health Care System is imploding"

www.google.com

The incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association says this country's health-care system is sick and doctors need to develop a plan to cure it.

Dr. Anne Doig says patients are getting less than optimal care and she adds that physicians from across the country - who will gather in Saskatoon on Sunday for their annual meeting - recognize that changes must be made.

"We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize," Doing said in an interview with The Canadian Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yea, Obamacare is going to work out really well.

uh huh, I mean just look how great Canadas system works....oh wait.

Now, for you proponents of Obamacare that routinely point to Canada as a shining example of how things could be here, your response to this is?

Clearly it doesnt work, yet people still support it why? Compassion? Cool, be compassionate all you want. Just use your own money and not mine to do so.

www.google.com

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

1) There is already a big thread about this.

2) The article pretty much says the politicians want to change their healthcare system to suit their slowing economy.

This is obviously not being brought up and blown out of proportion simply because its a big deal to some Americans.. Nooooooo

Im pretty non bias but Nationalized healthcare MUST be bad seeing as a country that uses it wants to change aspects of it even though thats what politicians are there for in the first place.

Here's the other thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath

Yea, Obamacare is going to work out really well.

uh huh, I mean just look how great Canadas system works....oh wait.

Now, for you proponents of Obamacare that routinely point to Canada as a shining example of how things could be here, your response to this is?

Clearly it doesnt work, yet people still support it why? Compassion? Cool, be compassionate all you want. Just use your own money and not mine to do so.

www.google.com

"Clearly it doesnt work" you say? Me fine arse it don't!!

Yes...the current chief, a proponent of private health care says the following:

In other words, Ouellet believes there could be a role for private health-care delivery within the public system.

He has also said the Canadian system could be restructured to focus on patients if hospitals and other health-care institutions received funding based on the patients they treat, instead of an annual, lump-sum budget. This "activity-based funding" would be an incentive to provide more efficient care, he has said.

...and the incoming says:

Doig says she doesn't know what a proposed "blueprint" toward patient-centred care might look like when the meeting wraps up Wednesday. She'd like to emerge with clear directions about where the association should focus efforts to direct change over the next few years. She also wants to see short-term, medium-term and long-term goals laid out.

"A short-term achievable goal would be to accelerate the process of getting electronic medical records into physicians' offices," she said. "That's one I think ought to be a priority and ought to be achievable."

A long-term goal would be getting health systems "talking to each other," so information can be quickly shared to help patients.

Neither of those are what I would call a stinging indictment of our system, so I suggest you look inward to your own system, and stop holding us up to be on our last legs. As I never weary of saying, it cost me $32 out of pocket to be cured of cancer. God bless this system...you do what you want.

You might also reconsider the writing of a thread based on an appealing headline...the bit below the fold might have something relevant to add as well.

And I wouldn't be all that that proud of having a lack of compassion...it really doesn't cost much and I daresay we live quite as well as y'all do.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Perhaps The incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association is an Obama Puppet. Very possible, I mean come on.
What timing.... WHAT TIMINGGGGGG

Obama to upcoming president: "You are giving my healthcare plan a bad name!"

Canadian healthcare is not necessarily imploding, things are going fairly well.

One problem however is that they spend more money trying to identify fraud, and that money is greater than the money they would lose if they wouldn't do so.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Just out of curiosity, what did it cost all of the other taxpayers to cure your cancer?

Any idea?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
there is an existing thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

See, this is the big cultural difference....

We don't begrudge him the cost for his particular treatment, because he will do the same for us when the time comes.

top topics

join