It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beverages: Hot, Cold or Room Temperature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was sitting here this morning, drinking my coffee when something crossed my mind. Every beverage I consume is either Hot (i.e., coffee, tea, etc.) or Cold (i.e., soda, beer, water, etc.). As I was reflecting on this, I realized that I just do not like room temperature beverages (although I will drink water at RT when thirsty and cold isn't an option). Anyhow, aside from wine, I wonder how often others consume RT beverages? Is there a conspiracy against RT beverages, or is there something about RT that is dissatisfying to the palate?

Anyone care to venture a guess? Am I wrong? Are there a significant % of people that enjoy RT beverages?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Well Beer in the UK is generally a room temperature drink - Im not talking about lagers - but "Real" ales and the like. Agreed the cellar is generally cooler but the beer is not "chilled" prior to serving.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
reply to post by Aggie Man

Well Beer in the UK is generally a room temperature drink - Im not talking about lagers - but "Real" ales and the like. Agreed the cellar is generally cooler but the beer is not "chilled" prior to serving.

Agreed! I do enjoy "real" ales in the temp. range between "cold" and RT. But that and wine are about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I quite like room temperature drinks, not a fan of hot drinks that much. I guess that cold drinks feel more refreshing to some, while hot drinks perk you up if that makes any sense.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I drink only room temperature beverages. I don't even own ice cube trays.

I let my coffee sit before drinking it for a while, and I never put my soda in the refrigerator. I drink water at room temperature also.

When ordering tea, or soda in a restaurant, I get odd looks for asking them to leave the ice out!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Oh no no no!

Cold drinks all the way!!! CCCCCOLD milk is my favourite... its YUM with toast!

Diet Coke from the cinema is delicious.... not as fizzy, but not flat... with lots of ice!!!!!

And with water, I can't drink room temp! Just cold!!!

new topics

top topics

join