It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New battery could change world, one house at a time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

My suppliers have the same problem. I have spoken to several of them about this issue, and I keep getting the same answer: they can't find them any cheaper, and in fact have to order vast quantities to keep their prices as low as they are. Apparently only certain companies are able to get solar cells at a true wholesale cost, while the rest of us, even most corporations, are stuck with prices 10 times higher than theirs. Who is holding back on cheap solar power?

The same people who make sure our vehicles can not get 50 MPG. I dated a metallurgist who was part of the team developing engine parts. They came up with something that allowed an 8 cylinder gas guzzler to get about 50mpg. He was very angry when the technology was "buried" ever notice how the 4 cylinders really do not get that great a gas milage? My 76 cutlass 8 cylinder (not fuel injected) got 27 MPG and had a lot more power than the stuff on the road today.

If solar cells were available at a reasonable mark up they would compete with oil. That would "disrupt" the power structure and TPTB would lose their grip on people. Actually I would think the patents on the solar cells would have run out by now.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
are they putting solar cells in paint? is that possible? or mybe some sort of gloss.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Insurance is one of the things in our country that I am SOOO against.

Let me talk about car insurance.

There should be a minimum amount (lets say 20,000) that you must pay into for your insurance. Once you hit that limit, it is stored away and you no longer have to pay until you take money out of that deposit.

Never will happen though.

I just want to also express my fury with insurance companies...I hate them!

Battery will more than likely not happen unless it can be milked for money, which it will.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join