It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible 35,000+ protestors coming for Pittsburgh G-20 Summit Sept. 24-25 2009

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, at least we'll all know where all the 'Trust Fund Babies' will be that week. Probably the first time all year their parents will know exactly where the trust fund money is being spent.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yea, baby, yea!!! Star, and Flag to the OP for finding this one!

We can change this backwoods World which is ruled by evil. There are only a few of them, and many of us!!

¿¿tazers?? hey, now we know how to defend ourselves from them. Undershirt, aluminum foil, and an over shirt.

The aluminum will short the tazer, or I should say close the circuit....

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm still debating if I am going to be a part of the protests or not. As much as I would like to, I feel that it is going to be a zoo over there, and either one of the animals or the trainers or going to let loose.

Who knows what happens then. I don't want to be locked in that cage when it does.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by whaaa

IMHO, blood and death will have the exact opposite effect

strange times indeed

Indeed.. killing people would only be the "spark" they so feared..

I don't know how these protests will turn out.. the merging of Conservatives and Liberals of both extremes will probably make for either much calmer protests.. or much crazier protests.. it could go either way..

Well ..

As long as the Conservatives don't come armed.. It would be a sad thing to see a wall of police advance, bashing people skulls in with their shields and clubs, and the crowd happened to be armed.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Violence is never the answer and I will say I will be watching for agent provocateur's within the crowd.

I do however see that violence will happen whether agent provocatuer's are present or not.

The economic crisis has hit more people than the Government knows and the more out of work people there are the more people will attend, or try to attend meetings like this upcoming one.

It is such a shame that the people at the G-20 meetings answer only to big business and not to the people, because they could tell their agent procovatuer's to stay home instead of inciting riots which gets Law Enforcement called in.

Rockpuck, you get the money up and we can distribute copies of this book to everyone going to this summit.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

[edit on 23-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

De Facto Martial Law?

Either it is or it isn't. No gray area here as far as I'm concerned. If a Phalanx of Stormtroopers banging their shields and marching in step down the street doesn't exemplify Martial Law I don't know what does.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
I live in Pittsburgh and plan to take my vacation that week. Most of the city will do the same. Business in the downtown area are closing down and boarding windows. Homeland Security is sending missives to businesses on how to board windows and protect their businesses from vandels. For one week no one in our fair city will be able to go to work, school, and quite possibly use public transportation. I love my city and am dumbfounded that it was picked to host the G20. My own personal opinion is that Obama is punishing us because our government officials openly supported Hilary in the primaries. However, as a Pittsburgh citizen I do have faith that our police will handle the event in an appropriate manner. It's the protesters that scare me. And from what I gather from talking to friends, coworkers, and strangers on the street they feel about the same.

I have to agree here. I am not from Pittsburgh but I can understand the worries of the residents there, especially the business owners who, during these struggling times, will be subjected to vandalism and threats BY the protesters themselves. That is rather unfair and makes some of the protesters no better than the cops they point the finger at for mistreating protesters.

I really don't know about this. It is good to advocate protesting but protesting, specifically in the U.S., has a high chance of getting violent. And the protest is really pointless. I think the U.S. has done a great job in reducing the power of protest because you have so many different views in how to go about it. Violent or Peaceful. And plus, mob mentality is always not to be trusted because the mob could be collectively stupid or intelligent -either way, it is a thousand heads being influenced by one. Also, those who have money and power are in control, regardless of how well the protesters whine.

And do these protests REALLY benefit anyone? People protest this, then turn around and support the ideas gathered from G20, if those ideas are presented as reasonable and beneficial to the persons or more likely, the environment. So, is it a lost cause? Who knows.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by DevilJin]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I don't know why in the world they would hold the summit there.
Where the convention is being held is a sniper's dream.

Actually there is something incredibly special about Pittsburgh. The Golden Triangle area where the Three Rivers come together is considered spiritually to be one of the most powerful spots on the planet. There is actually a 4th river underground that feeds the Fountain on the Golden Triangles Point. Native Americans considered any spot where 4 rivers meet to be a spiritual and dimensional portal.

The Golden Triangle is actually considered to be the most spiritually significant ground in all of the Americas.

Let’s think about what else is shaped as a Triangle shall we, and is often depicted in Gold and doesn’t have a fountain at it’s apex but an All Seeing Eye!

Now was it coincidental William Pitt whose family was closely aligned with the English King who was also the prince elector and treasurer of the Holy Roman Empire chose this spot for his fort? It’s true the rivers made it highly defensible and the rivers surrounding it are highly navigable but many far less defensible locations were fortified by the British throughout Pennsylvania in the Colonial days.

Pennsylvania is considered the Keystone State, yet the geographical borders of the state nor any topographical landmark within the state is shaped like a Key Hole or a Key Stone, so why is it the Key Stone State? Could it be because of this mythical portal to the spirit world and the astral plane?

A great place for the illuminati to through a party! Let us not forget that this is where the Carnegie and Mellon dynasties made their bones and fortune either or that it was Pittsburgh Steel that made the Iron Industrial Age.

I think its very suspect they are selecting Pittsburgh for this particular G-20 conference at this pivotal point in time.

I think it’s also a bit suspicious I chose that particular spot to be born too! I hate the cold weather, and am allergic to almost everything in the area, and moved to much warmer climes literally as soon as I was old enough to stick out my thumb and catch a ride!

I wonder if any murder victims will show up around the summit that appears to have died in a ritualistic slaying.

I wonder whether it might be time to go home too and drop in on the boys and girls.

They chose the area for a reason. Who knows maybe even that one! How I have always hated the Powers that Be.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
As I have stated in previous G20 threads I can almost guarantee that there will be no large scale protests, it is simply not logistically possible. The downtown area is very small and the city is surrounded by rivers, they will close off all the bridges effectively restricting access to downtown. Think of it as a moat around a castle.

On the outside the city is surrounded by hills and residential areas, there is no place for a large group of people to congregate.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Never under estimate the good people of Pennsylvania, I do believe some people are gearing up in typical Pennsylvanian fashion for this event...

Pa. man fires cannon, hits neighbor's house

The Associated Press
UNIONTOWN, Pa. -- A Pennsylvania history buff who recreates firearms from old wars accidentally fired a 2-pound cannonball through the wall of his neighbor's home. William Maser, 54, fired a cannonball Wednesday evening outside his home in Georges Township that ricocheted and hit a house 400 yards away. The cannonball, about two inches in diameter, smashed through a window and a wall before landing in a closet. Authorities said nobody was hurt.

State police charged Maser with reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.

No one answered the phone Friday at Maser's home. He told WPXI-TV recreating 19th century cannons is a longtime hobby. He said he is sorry and he will stop shooting them on his property, about 35 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

Miami Herald

Why would such a story appear in the Miami Herald...

Easy the Miamiam Indian Tribes were originally from the Pittsburgh area before they got run off!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I live in Uniontown, pa. and you just have to understand what type of people live here. Fayette county in general is full of Lunatics. But not smart enough to know anything about G 20. Most ppl don't even know the difference between a tiger and a house cat. Link below and you'll understand what I mean.

www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

So I don't think you have to worry too much about the ppl around here.

On another hand, I have two friends I know that have to suit up in police gear so I just hope everything runs peacefully.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I live only a couple hours away and I'd love to go... but my husband thinks that would be incredibly irresponsible of me to leave the kids and possibly get myself into trouble or hurt... I guess I agree with him.

As much as I'd like to get involved, even just to see what happens first-hand and be able to share that information around here, I should probably stay within grab-and-go distance of my kids... just in case the SHTF.

I do have a few friends in Pittsburgh, I've asked them be extremely careful if they stay in the city and/or go to the protest(s). I'll be home hoping for the safety of those in Pittsburgh and waiting for news...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join