It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual freaks hiding under the cloak of religion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by kinda kurious

Keep in mind however, there is no scientific proof that these people were actually molested, raped by a priest. I am not saying it didn't happen.... just that there is hardly any proof. What's to stop me from saying the priest back in 4th grade touched me during confession? Nothing. And I could join in on one of these class action lawsuits and make a few hundred grand doing it..

Oh great........a stalker. "I'm not saying it didn't happen" well I'm saying it did. But I'll gladly just refute your nonsense with data.

Money can be a little better than nothing and is what the Church too often historically offered victims. Many survivors, in fact, resorted to lawsuits only after being stonewalled in their quest for more personal reparative gestures. Legal action, in this situation, represents a last ditch effort by the survivor to become an agent in his own life. Further, a lawsuit, when all else has failed, puts into action an understandable demand that the truth be told one way or another.

www.bishop-accountability.org...

Altough someone like yourself might resort to false accusations it wouldn't surprise me. BTW, as far as what's stopping you, you'd need to file a Sworn Affidavit whereby if you were caught providing false testimony, you'd face perjury charges.

Plus I doubt the church would just shell out upwards of $600 Million bucks
if there was nothing to hide.

Some "Survivor" Accounts as if you are actually interested:

www.bishop-accountability.org...

Check out those nifty sources.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree that a certain amount of restraint and common sense be applied to a given situation...regarding children.

All animals have sex. It's survival instinct. (My GENES must go on!!) But being blessed with sentience also gives us the ability to enjoy it. A lot.
This can sometimes override the judgment to use common sense, etc. haha.

I wish I could rack up more "sheet time" haha.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Hate the Church much?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Hate the Church much?

Mostly it is the sexual abuse of children I detest.

Which I hardly think is a laughing matter.

Granted some groups who wear long robes and pointy hats are bigots nonetheless.

It matters little if their cross is aflame.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

....I suppose you mean Vestments and a Miter ... which.. priest don't wear Miters.

Does your ignorance know no bounds?

The Church sex abuse scandal is a disgusting shame. Do I believe it's exclusively Catholic? Hardly.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Wow your knowledge of bigot oriented groups is astounding.

I'll bet you also are also quite familiar with the sheet wearing crowd.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
OK. Let's get back on topic and stop the personal sniping, Please !

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Wow your knowledge of bigot oriented groups is astounding.

Care to clarify how the Church is "Bigoted" ....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
God NEVER commanded us to be celibate lol, He said "Go forth and multiply" He commanded us to be "fruitfull".
Only the pagan priests in the past were to be abstainate. Originally even catholic priests had wives and kids but economics forced them to follow paganism with a vow of chastity.. The church couldnt afford spouses and kids so they forced that vow! Poor buggers! lol
In judaism rabbis are married, protestism married.. Those poor catholic priests are missing some because of money lol..
The same Word that said "let there be light and there was," also said "Go forth and multiply" "be fruitfull" "fill the earth." Gods commandments do not come back to Him void but accomplishes what He sent it to do.
Sex in the context of marriage is Gods will, not a sin but a comandment!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
God NEVER commanded us to be celibate lol, He said "Go forth and multiply" He commanded us to be "fruitfull". Only the pagan priests in the past were to be abstainate.

Wrong.
You didn't read the thread, did ya'?

Celibacy and the priesthood

Paul even goes on to make a case for preferring celibacy to marriage: "Are you free from a wife? Do not seek marriage. . . those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that. . . . The unmarried man is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to please the Lord; but the married man is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried woman or girl is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit; but the married woman is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please her husband" (7:27-34).

Paul’s conclusion: He who marries "does well; and he who refrains from marriage will do better" (7:38).

Paul was not the first apostle to conclude that celibacy is, in some sense, "better" than marriage. After Jesus’ teaching in Matthew 19 on divorce and remarriage, the disciples exclaimed, "If such is the case between a man and his wife, it is better not to marry" (Matt 19:10). This remark prompted Jesus’ teaching on the value of celibacy "for the sake of the kingdom":

"Not all can accept this word, but only those to whom it is granted. Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of God. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it" (Matt. 19:11–12).

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If God made anything better than sex He kept it for Himself.

I have been deeply involved in many churches and different religions. I'm curious and like to hear different views of religion.

Unfortunately, I never found sex at church. I would still be attending services if I had.

IT sickens me to see pictures of citizens in thirld world countries with bare breast showing with a baby hanging off one of them and 4 or 5 more children around the mother.

Do they not understand how they are only making matters worse?

In my opinion it is irresponsible to have more children than you can take care of.

Oh, and gee thanks OP. I now have a new label to add to all the others people have put on me. Now I'm a freak.

Please OP, lighten up. We are sexual beings. Sex is natural. It is also a great stress reliever.

Ah the memories.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Unfortunately, I never found sex at church. I would still be attending services if I had.

Thanks for making my day. That is the funniest thing I've read in ages.
First star from me!

If I didn't know any better, I'd inquire if you had plans for lunch tomorrow.

Regards.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
If God made anything better than sex He kept it for Himself.

Chocolate. Tastes great. Fills the body with happiness. mmmmmm
It isn't nearly as messy as sex and you don't need the cooperation of a chocolate bar in order to reach full potential.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that

Paul knew the truth! .. I always wondered specifically why people always say Paul was a sexist who didn't like women.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Chocolate. Tastes great. Fills the body with happiness. mmmmmm
It isn't nearly as messy as sex and you don't need the cooperation of a chocolate bar in order to reach full potential.

Peace offering FF..............................................

Unless your more of a 3 Musketeers kinda gal?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Live and be fruitful MAKE LOTS OF SOUL FIGHTERS nothing wrong with creation to me.

Not until you have to personally take time out of your life to care for SOME BODY ELSE'S kids..............if that sounds ok to you.....then i'm glad i dont' know you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join