It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual freaks hiding under the cloak of religion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I got into a debate with my neighbor over people living in this day in age who have more than the average amount of kids, my theory is these people must love sex and her response was more "spiritual" in tone, she ranted on and on about pro-creation and the union between man & woman in marriage, etc.

I don't care what religious spin you put on it, people who have numerous kids are clocking in serious sheet time. So here's my point....

The people having these puppy litter type numbers of kids are always the one's that claim they're close to God, when in essence they may be worshiping the golden Phallus.

Recently, Hundreds of kids were fathered by 20 men at the ultra pious Polygamist Ranch.....

And what about the grossly overpopulated third world countries like India, what's really going on over there?

Behind closed doors India's men pray to Deva then they commence to jumping on top of their wife's. The fact is you can't be a religious role model when half of your life is spent engaging in gratuitous sexual activity. You can't live a spiritual existence if all you think about is rushing home and performing oral gymnastics on your loved one and you're doing mankind a disservice by bringing kids into the world you can't properly take care of.

The reality is religion and sex go hand and hand, there's no other way to look at it unless your a disgruntled Monk. Bible thumpers are some of the most buck wild freaks in the bed IMO.

I guess this "vice" is acceptable if you are hiding under the cloak of religion

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Uhm... That's a kinda sweeping statement IMO. You'll find sex in anything from any angle you take...

Perhaps some statistics to show the amount of kids per household - per religion compared to non-spiritual households would help us to better understand your theory?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

I have one question to ask you, do you believe a man and wife having sex is a sin?

The bible clearly states it is not sin, it is zero sin, so the man and wife that do that a lot can still live very spiritual lives, in fact I would say MORE spiritual lives than the preist or nun who never have sex. God commands to become one with your wife/husband, I'm not gonna quote the bible and never will on here, this site is anti-bible, but the quote is there numerous times, the fact that Catholicism has perverted the doctrine in the bible to the point where sex within marriage is considered a sin, this is where they went wrong, I would say they went wrong many other ways but this is a major one, this is the reasons preists are becoming the true sex freaks, this is the reason nuns had mass abortions when nunneries was a newly constituted dogma, the mass graves of these fetuses were buried under ancient catcholic churches, I saw it on the learning channel. Anyway you think sex within marriage is bad, I and anyone who has actually researched the bible would disagree.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

'buck wild freaks' ...
I was going to ask what the heck this thread was about, but after thinking about it, I've decided that I just don't want to know.

Go forth and mulitply, Better Mouse Trap ...

[edit on 8/17/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Live and be fruitful MAKE LOTS OF SOUL FIGHTERS nothing wrong with creation to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Lmao

you can not be serious !
sure certain groups of people have more children than others , but surely you realize its not because they get their freak on more than anyone else

Its because they don't use basic birth control methods , either because they choose not to , or it isn't readily available to them .
Millions upon millions of couples have sex every single day and don't have babies , why is that I wonder

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Your thread title is misleading, to say the least about your ideals on what constitutes a "freak".

So, what you're saying is that people cannot have and or enjoy sex, and multiple chidlren, unless they are "freaks" and "religious ones" at that?

I enjoy sex, do not have children, nor do I intend to, so I guess I must be normal, huh?

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

[edit on 17-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think you are way off.

First of all, it does not take serious sheet time to have a litter of kids. On two occasions my wife and I decided it would be ok if she got pregnant. On two occasions, she got pregnant!!

By those stats, it would only take 10 sexual encounters over 8-10 years to have 10 kids! That wouldn't be too impressive. (Luckily we do get some serious sheet time, but we are meticulous with birth control!)

Most of the religious types that you are speaking of, do not believe in birth control. Therefore, it only takes a couple of romps a year to stay pregnant all the time!

Now, with that said, I do hope that the religious types are having some wild and crazy marital sex! There is no reason to hold back within a marriage. I hope nothing is off limits, and no horizontal surface in the house is safe! My house would probably look like a Friday 13th scene under Luminol!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
IMHO - I think the OP is just jealous

Second line -

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Catholicism has perverted the doctrine in the bible to the point where sex within marriage is considered a sin,

Where, exactly, does it say in the Catholic Catechism that sex within marriage is a sin? I'll be waiting with great anticipation to see what you come up with.

this is the reasons preists are becoming the true sex freaks,

One tenth of one percent of Catholic priests were involved in the pedophilia scandel. They were pedophiles BEFORE they became priests. Pedophiles see easy hunting grounds and insinuate themselves into them. Being celebate does NOT cause someone to become gay or to become a pedophile. It doesn't work that way.

Crack open a psychology book sometime.

this is the reason nuns had mass abortions when nunneries was a newly constituted dogma, the mass graves of these fetuses were buried under ancient catcholic churches

OY :shk:

Originally posted by Razimus
the man and wife that do that a lot can still live very spiritual lives, in fact I would say MORE spiritual lives than the preist or nun who never have sex. .

another OY :shk:

Everyone is called to a different state in this life. Some are called to be married. Some are called to be single. Some are called to live celibate lives for God. The person who leads a MORE spiritual life, is the person who is faithful to God's call ... whether it's to be married, single, or celibate. Having sex within marriage doesn't make someone more or less spiritual.

Celibacy and the priesthood

Paul even goes on to make a case for preferring celibacy to marriage: "Are you free from a wife? Do not seek marriage. . . those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that. . . . The unmarried man is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to please the Lord; but the married man is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried woman or girl is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit; but the married woman is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please her husband" (7:27-34).

Paul’s conclusion: He who marries "does well; and he who refrains from marriage will do better" (7:38).

Paul was not the first apostle to conclude that celibacy is, in some sense, "better" than marriage. After Jesus’ teaching in Matthew 19 on divorce and remarriage, the disciples exclaimed, "If such is the case between a man and his wife, it is better not to marry" (Matt 19:10). This remark prompted Jesus’ teaching on the value of celibacy "for the sake of the kingdom":

"Not all can accept this word, but only those to whom it is granted. Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of God. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it" (Matt. 19:11–12).

There ya' go ... from the mouth of Christ Himself.

link   
OP what about priests and monks, i mean the real ones, who do not molest kids. there is plenty of examples of decent people living a spiritual life without sex, and pro creation etc.....

I think the last thing on there mind is religion when they are gyrating there pelvises.

link   
while i can kind of understand what you are saying about the religion thing, third world countries have more children because they dont have birth control methods and if they do, cant afford it, as others above have stated.

it does seem that people who go to church in your town might have a litter of kids, .. i come from a mormon family, (no longer practicing thank god), and i can tell you everyone had a lot of kids. my mom herself had 5 kids. But basically the mormon church teaches that the more the merrier really. They preach that family is very important and having many kids is a blessing.

I, personally think its silly. but hey, at the end of the day everyone still has their own minds and brains and if they want kids, they will have them, whether a religion teaches it or not. I was raised that way and im not going around popping out babies.

It just all depends on the religion. Other religions arent the same

[edit on 17-8-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Of course religious types have more kids.

They need to keep producing more people to brainwash.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Have you been to Japan lately?

I wouln't be so fast to call Westerner's sex freaks since those in most other countries like Belgium and Holland LAUGH at us and call us prudes for our regards on sex and fun in general.

The church just wanted more people paying taxes into them, that's the reason why big families were introduced. In North America it was in response to early settlements that required large numbers of workers in order to built communities and in all honesty a whole country.

These are old ideals that are slowly fading away, polygamy being one the last frontiers of that type of behaviour. And it's illegal.

What a bunch of prudes we are.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I will do my part to help inform the religious types of a previously thought to be well known fact:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You hit the nail on the head dude !
If anything religious people who don't believe in using contraception are having a LOT less sex than the average couple .
Else instead of 6, 8 + whatever children there would be more like 20

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
while i can kind of understand what you are saying about the religion thing, third world countries have more children because they dont have birth control methods and if they do, cant afford it, as others above have stated.

Thats not an excuse.

The thread starter will not be swayed by that argument.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath
Of course religious types have more kids.
They need to keep producing more people to brainwash.

Actually, producing more people in order to make their religion the main one on the planet.

Outbreeding the Enemy

Take a look at the calls within religions throughout the centuries.
It's a power thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think you are getting a lot of different ideas mixed together into the same pot.

1.) Sex as Anti-Spiritual? What makes you think that sex is ungodly? What puritan church are you from? Sex is natural and is the secret to all of Creation. The secret to life can be found in one tiny, germinated seed. Although there may be simple Asexual organisms that exist, the fact of the matter is that everything in the Universe, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, exists because of the union between procreative and receptive forces (positive and negative, Yin and Yang, Thesis and Anti-Thesis, etc.). Sex sounds like a perfectly natural and appropriate form of worship of the divine to me.

2.) The reason why many followers of Dogmatic Religions such as Christianity procreate is because they are commanded to by their deity. "Be fruitful and multiply" is one of the first commandments the Judeo-Christian deity utters in the book of Bere#h (Beginnings)/Genesis (second only to "Let there be light"). Likewise, many Christians won't use Birth Control because of Romans 1:26-27 which forbids Sexual Intercourse for any reason other than procreation. Of course, "Be fruitful and multiply" doesn't mean to be a pestilence upon the world, nor does Paul's personal despising of women and reducing them to nothing more than walking baby-machines to belittle them count as a commandment of God (remember Paul never meet Yeheshua Bar'Yoseph/Jesus, except in a spiritual vision).

3.) There is a difference between being a Sexual Deviant and someone who enjoys Sex. Sex is a wonderful thing. You should try it. You may find that you like it...and you should. We are one of the only species we know of that can actually enjoy the act of Sex, rather than it being nothing more than a autonomic biological function. Most Psychologists believe Sexual Deviancy (and were not talking about those who have sex other than Missionary Position here, but the seriously mentally ill types that rape, kidnap, molest and kill) derives from denial of Sex for pleasure. Just look at the scandals in the Catholic Church or in Puritan Churches where sex is denied for pleasure. Without an outlet to express their sexuality in a healthy manner, it festers into something deviant and potentially dangerous if acted out.

4.) Population overgrowth because of Religion is not directly attributable. In the instance you gave of India, Hinduism is not the only Religion...and the cause of population overgrowth is more attributable to lack of education about Birth Control and miserable economic conditions where affording Birth Control is generally out of the question. The United States has much better economic conditions while having a much larger percentage of Religious population, yet we have an unusually low Growth Rate (0.6% Growth Rate, although, Canada has a 0.3% Growth Rate, the U.K. has a 0.1% Growth Rate and Germany & the Czech Republic both have 0.0% Growth Rates).

I agree that Religions that deter Sex, especially for pleasure, help promote Sexual Deviancy. Psychologists will agree with you too. However, saying that the Sexual Deviancy that Religions promote is Overpopulation is confusing things...and saying that Sex in itself is not spiritual and is bad, is even more so.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that sex came BEFORE religion did, so to say that they go hand in hand is a little off.

It's a good theory I will agree, but I forgot to touch on your third world aspect of it.

These people have large kids so they can send them to work in order to feed their families. These people live on less that 5c a day, and that's if your lucky and make any money at all.

Religion has kept these people back due to things like the Pope saying that condoms makes AIDS worse, that we are all aware of.

There are other reasons for mostly everything. We can't blame everything on religion, it's been the cause of some problems, but has brought good into the world just like anything else.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join