It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles lure visitors to Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Crop circles lure visitors to Washington

seattletimes.nwsource.com

Wilbur, a no-stoplight wheat town (population 960) 65 miles west of Spokane, is on the way to becoming the Northwest's hub for the extraterrestrial-obsessed. For the second time in three years, crop circles have mysteriously appeared in wheat fields, generating curiosity, jokes and coffee-shop debates of the "Big Question."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"The most recent appeared in late July on a remote hillside of the Haden family wheat farm just south of Wilbur. Five rings of declining size, plus one circle, were crushed into ripe wheat..."
Two crop circles in three years is certainly low frequency occurance, given our british brothers activities with nearly 3 every week in England...
However, presuming one believes crop cirlces are a benevolent sign, which some are, then its also a good sight to see in the US.
What do you think: perhaps these are energy patterns to attune specific spaces on Earths surface - realizing that this is in the relative vicinity of Mt Adams and the Gilliland Ranch, one might speculate a connection.
Peace.
LOVE

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

The frequency of them in the UK clearly suggests that they think we are more important than America.
And the simplicity of this design compared to ours also clearly shows that they see Americans as, shall we say, "Developmentally challenged"?

Yes that was a joke!

I do notice that there are some similarities between this and a recent one in the UK. The "increasing sphere" denoting something is coming, perhaps?

Just yesterday I was looking at the video predicting a massive solar event next month with the capacity to severely damage Earth. Apparently the PTB know all about it and have covered it up while they prepare for the fallout.

Yes, I am extremely sceptical.

But they did mention in that video recent crop circles seeming to depict an object of increasing size approaching something. They translated this as a warning from above of the coming Solar event.

It's interesting, and as always I am open to ideas on crop circles. I have no doubt many are man-made, but where did this begin and how? Surely there is some credibility to some being genuinely unexplained?
And if there is a life form up there trying to communicate, what are we saying back to them in this immense conversation?

[edit on 17-8-2009 by detachedindividual]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

LOL... that made me laugh...

Someone once theorised that it is a creative thing we Brits do late at night in a similar way chalk pictures where cut into the hillsides...

I'm a bit sceptical about that, since I have a mental image of half a dozen drunks wondering what to do with the plank and string they stole from the pub..

On the one hand it does seem a logical creative link, But then some of the circles are wow.. no way could someone do that in one night..

And I've always wondered why we have such a high concentration of them!

Anyway nice to see someone else having them pesky night time visitors..

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

For simple ability and practicality I cannot believe that all of these are man-made.
At least not man-made by regular citizens.

Traditions rarely return after thousands of years of evolution. Which is why I don't buy the "extension of ancient tradition" theory, relating to chalk drawings and the like.

It just doesn't sit right with me that some guys in a pub one day decided it would be cool to draw massive circles in a field, and that thousands of others then saw it and thought they'd try the same thing.
I mean, I know sometimes it can get a little boring in small villages, but this just doesn't seem likely.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I liked the part of the article where the magician tries to debunk crop circles by writing for a skeptics magazine. As if that is all the proof required.

O hooey.

Let the people believe what they want. Until there is an uncut, unedited, video documentary that explains, step-by-step, the exact phenomena associated with crop patterns/circles, and shows us precisely how they are made, they are unexplainable and open to the imagination.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Its all because of the time to come.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234

. For the second time in three years, crop circles have mysteriously appeared in wheat fields, generating curiosity, jokes and coffee-shop debates of the "Big Question."

Second time in 3 years?!?!

Over in Wiltshire UK, there are crop circles that take multiple days to create.

Like this one, created in 3 different phases, over different days:
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

That means who ever made the above crop circle didn't finish it all, and had to go back multiple times to finish it. Back to the same spot... Curiously there was areal images taken after each phase.

There is no "Big Question"... MAN is making these. Different groups of people are making these around the world. They get a crazy idea, they do it, and then it's all over the news, and all the gullible people are flocking towards them and throwing their money at them.

Crop circles are the biggest joke in all of the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
We don't see more in America because we're the only country with a "shot first, ask questions later" policy. Anyone seen the vid of the two orbs floating over the field and the crop circle apprearing below them? I tell ya if it's fake it's a darn good one.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

neither do I, some of the complex shapes and designs are so "out of this world" it's a corny phrase but somehow that sums it up in truth... They are even more wow up close and personal, how the crops are weaved together, is mind blowing.. I spent a while living in Salisbury.. how anyone can attribute some of the amazing ones to "hoaxs" is beyond me. I have yet to even come up with a theory of my own that could explain them away. And I'm a doubting Thomas.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I've seen some up close and personal when living in Salisbury and I can tell you the way the crops lie is amazing.

I was expecting to be able to stand there and go "hoax".. If it is a hoax then it's a good one.. Some of the crop was bent at the nodes (the sturdiest part of the crop, which should snap but didn't) and as a doubting Thomas I would like to be able to explain it away, but I can't...

Be good to know how many you have seen to know they are all hoaxs? Do you know how they can make a plant bend at the node and not break? man that would be good to know.

thanks in advance for your help.

top topics

join