It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most U.S. Money Laced With Cocaine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is a tip: if you are out of Coce, just sniff the money..

Lets look at the 'reason' fro this 'increase' in Coce on the Money:

"I'm not sure why we've seen this apparent increase, but it could be related to the economic downturn, with stressed people turning to coc aine," Zuo said.

Apparantly you guys are stressed and take some Coce while you watch Bloomberg..

Most U.S. Money Laced With Cocaine

Traces of coc aine taint up to 90 percent of paper money in the United States, a new study finds.

A group of scientists tested banknotes from more than 30 cities in five countries, including the United States, Canada, Brazil, China, and Japan, and found "alarming" evidence of coc aine use in many areas.

U.S. and Canadian currency had the highest levels, with an average contamination rate of between 85 and 90 percent, while Chinese and Japanese currency had the lowest, between 12 and 20 percent contamination.

The findings were presented yesterday at the 238th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society in Washington, D.C.

Study leader Yuegang Zuo of the University of Massachusetts in Dartmouth said that the high percentage of contaminated U.S. currency observed in the current study represents nearly a 20 percent jump in comparison to a similar study he conducted two years ago.

"To my surprise, we're finding more and more coc aine in banknotes," Zuo said.

Scientists have known for years that paper money can become contaminated with coc aine during drug deals and directly through drug use, such as snorting coc aine through rolled bills. Contamination can also spread to banknotes not involved in the illicit drug culture, because bills are processed in banks' currency-counting machines.

"I'm not sure why we've seen this apparent increase, but it could be related to the economic downturn, with stressed people turning to coc aine," Zuo said.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thats why I get a buzz when I cash my check? There's been a few stories on TV a while back about this too. I think Mythbusters? I forget now, don't quote me on this.

And at first I thought it was my capitalistic, corporate greed kickin' in.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Most U.S. Money Laced With Cocaine

U.S. and Canadian currency had the highest levels, with an average contamination rate of between 85 and 90 percent, while Chinese and Japanese currency had the lowest, between 12 and 20 percent contamination.

The paranoid little person inside of me wants to say that it has something to do with the day-to-day fund-raising activities of the Cocaine Importers Association.

Jon

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I bet when the Amero kicks in it will have tiny air holes in to prevent such stuff. TBH I don't see why they'd test money for this?? Maybe the money they spent researching this could have been used for something else??

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So wait, this explains why people are addicted to money. it all makes so much sense now, aww, but now crack dealer are going to go out of buisness.
Well that's the depression for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I just don't buy it.

I think his study and research in whack...90%? get real.

even 20% seems very high for places like japan and china, where drugs are very difficult to find.

then he blames the economic situation? People are broke and stressed so they start taking a drug that is expensive and extremely stressfull...

This whole study in bunk.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not sure it has anything to do with the economy. This story has been circulating for years, and not just in the US. Everywhere has a high proportion of tainted notes, simply due to the relatively cheap price of coke and its widespread use as a recreational drug.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 17-8-2009 by quackers]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I do not buy that at all

up to 90 % of all notes in circulation in the US ?
Even if they collected 90% of every note in the most coke snorting areas of the US , I doubt they would find traces of coke on 90% of it
I don't thinks so .....

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Takka]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Contamination can also spread to banknotes not involved in the illicit drug culture, because bills are processed in banks' currency-counting machines.

Try reading the article before you declare a study bunk.

Someone I know says they love to do it through bills, it being a kind of rush in itself. Convenience is also a factor I'm sure.

This study is exactly what I expected, but it's still funny. Just keep believing drugs are make believe. They're not that hard to find if you're looking.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

Great observation.

I was just reading through the replies and was going to post that very same opinion. I have no doubt that bills are being used for such activities. People need to remember that they are in circulation which means they go back into cash registers. [ More contamination ] Exchanged at banks. [ More contamination ] ATM machines. [ More contamination ] Are being used daily for debt public and private ETC.... [ More contamination ] This doesn't surprise me a bit.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
ive gotta agree with some of the posters.. im not really buying the numbers. I mean how would they know it was 90 percent? Did they take every single dollar bill from every person in the world and test them? I know no one came to my door asking me for all my money so they could test to see if coc aine was on it. So I highly doubt the number is that high.

And since when was coc aine known as a cheap drug? its one of the most expensive drugs there is. people with no money would def not be snorting the coke. maybe the crack, but not the coke.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takka
I do not buy that at all

up to 90 % of all notes in circulation in the US ?
Even if they collected 90% of every note in the most coke snorting areas of the US , I doubt they would find traces of coke on 90% of it
I don't thinks so .....

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Takka]

Actually this has been the case sense the early 1980's when they first tested them.

How this is a new study I'm not sure I guess sense it's not the old study that found the same thing it can be considered new then?

Edit here's a 2007 date posted on snopes about this.
Link

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I remember hearing in junior high school, 15+ years ago from a fellow junior higher, that money was laced with coke so the drug dogs can sniff out huge quantities of cash. That actually seems more plausible than any explanations i've read here!

has anyone else heard that one before?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

I read the article...I just don't buy it, I think thats a flimsy excuse for why it's on so many bills. if it even is on that many bills....

and I'm not some newb who has no experience in drug culture.

new topics

top topics

join