It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Get a clue America

page: 17
68
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus
 


Please come back when you're an American, and have a clue about what you're talking about.

Alright, have to edit, that was a horrible post.

Look, mr zombieOctopus, have you any idea what's in Mr. Obama's health care reform? He didn't photo copy Canada's heal care system, and he didn't use a reprint of Britain's either.

We're not against fixing the health care system. It's just that what has been proposed is not going to fix anything, just cost money.

Lets say Canada ups and says "hey Mr. Octopus, you must buy an insurance policy. What? You can't afford it? Don't worry, buy one of these cheaper ones from the government. We require direct access to your bank account, and an agent will be out to visit you at random intervals to make sure you're toddler gets all their vaccinations. What? still can't afford it? That's too bad, now we're going to have to track you down and fine you."

Tell me how excited you'd be about that...

To be honest, I know next to nothing about Canadian health care, but Britain's I wouldn't mind having.

You see, we're not against doing something. It's just that there's a right way and a wrong way.

And don't chastise us for the anti-socialist rhetoric you see and hear, you're not talking about the same socialism we are. In fact, you're not even talking about socialism. You can bark up that tree when your government tells you how much money you're allowed to earn, and takes over both the banking and automotive industries in your country. Oh yeah, your automotive industry is not yours, it's ours. Oops.

And in case it hasn't been stated, we're a republic, not a democracy. There's a difference you know, and the core of that difference is why we're against the direction our country is going.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by Unit541]




posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
anyways... so you are against socialized medicine.. tell me why without insulting me when you don't even know me...



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
that has nothing to do with me wanting socialized medicine, u need to get a clue we are having a healthy debate there is no room for people like you.


I completely agree. America needs universal healthcare. The people that do have decent health care TYPICALLY don't get whats going on. These people fall into 2 categories
1. I feel bad for those who don't have it as good as I do and we should help them.
2. Screw everyone but me. I deserve good health care and if they can't afford it, to bad for them.

I have health care but it's not great. It's blue cross blue shield. I do have better health care then many Americans and I still want universal health care because in my opinion, health care should be a RIGHT not a privilege.

I'm also sick of those AHOLE bureaucrats who think there are no problems with our health care system because they have FREE health care paid for by US and it works GREAT for THEM. Don't we, as US citizens...the backbone of the United States deserve the same health care as our employees (government personnel) ???????
In my opinion, we either get the same health care as them or they don't get health care.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I agree the ones with great and even free health care couldn't possibly understand us who have crappy health care, I have united health care insurance it is very expensive and. The problem is the Americans who are that selfish to not want socialized healthcare, the reasons I hear are "why should we pay for poor peoples healthcare out of our taxes." I personally belive it is this selfishness that is ruining America.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by kiwifoot
 
No country is perfect from what I hear not even Canada. You are in no position to help us improve our country, so perhaps you should climb off your high horse.



Hang on a second, just scroll through some of the other threads, ATSers pointing out how poorly our healthcare is in comparison to his own and berating us because we defend our system. We are on the high horse, pot meet kettle.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by brooklyn87
that has nothing to do with me wanting socialized medicine, u need to get a clue we are having a healthy debate there is no room for people like you.


I completely agree. America needs universal healthcare. The people that do have decent health care TYPICALLY don't get whats going on. These people fall into 2 categories
1. I feel bad for those who don't have it as good as I do and we should help them.
2. Screw everyone but me. I deserve good health care and if they can't afford it, to bad for them.

I have health care but it's not great. It's blue cross blue shield. I do have better health care then many Americans and I still want universal health care because in my opinion, health care should be a RIGHT not a privilege.

I'm also sick of those AHOLE bureaucrats who think there are no problems with our health care system because they have FREE health care paid for by US and it works GREAT for THEM. Don't we, as US citizens...the backbone of the United States deserve the same health care as our employees (government personnel) ???????
In my opinion, we either get the same health care as them or they don't get health care.


It is ironic I think that most govt. employees make a great living and are given free health care( paid for by taxpayers) then go and debate how the tax payers can't have it.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
very ironic and ignorant



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
reply to post by ZombieOctopus
 


Please come back when you're an American, and have a clue about what you're talking about.

Alright, have to edit, that was a horrible post.

Look, mr zombieOctopus, have you any idea what's in Mr. Obama's health care reform? He didn't photo copy Canada's heal care system, and he didn't use a reprint of Britain's either.

We're not against fixing the health care system. It's just that what has been proposed is not going to fix anything, just cost money.

Lets say Canada ups and says "hey Mr. Octopus, you must buy an insurance policy. What? You can't afford it? Don't worry, buy one of these cheaper ones from the government. We require direct access to your bank account, and an agent will be out to visit you at random intervals to make sure you're toddler gets all their vaccinations. What? still can't afford it? That's too bad, now we're going to have to track you down and fine you."

Tell me how excited you'd be about that...

To be honest, I know next to nothing about Canadian health care, but Britain's I wouldn't mind having.

You see, we're not against doing something. It's just that there's a right way and a wrong way.

And don't chastise us for the anti-socialist rhetoric you see and hear, you're not talking about the same socialism we are. In fact, you're not even talking about socialism. You can bark up that tree when your government tells you how much money you're allowed to earn, and takes over both the banking and automotive industries in your country. Oh yeah, your automotive industry is not yours, it's ours. Oops.

And in case it hasn't been stated, we're a republic, not a democracy. There's a difference you know, and the core of that difference is why we're against the direction our country is going.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by Unit541]


Most people in Canada I speak to would defend North America if the battle is brought here and we for the most part have no issue with Americans, but you would have to agree that alot of times Americans talk down to us Canadians like we are the little brother that has a helmet on all the time. The health care reform and all it's craziness will not pass and if it were to go down like that up here we wouldn't like it either. Our system works for us but you still have to qualify for it, if you do not have a Provincial Health card you have to pay for you treatment. TPTB are going way too far in the US and I would like to see it reigned in because as all Canadians know how the US goes, so goes Canada eventually. Really we are on the same side in the health care debate and it is none of our business but it is a debate forum after all.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by kiwifoot
 
No country is perfect from what I hear not even Canada. You are in no position to help us improve our country, so perhaps you should climb off your high horse.



Hang on a second, just scroll through some of the other threads, ATSers pointing out how poorly our healthcare is in comparison to his own and berating us because we defend our system. We are on the high horse, pot meet kettle.


It really does not matter how good or bad your system is. Obama does not want it either. He wants access to all our health records. He wants access to our bank accounts. If George Bush were pushing this you would see clearly how wrong it is.

Those pushing the proposed system can't wrap their minds around the fact that intimidation and mud slinging do not work when a government(or a shadow government) decides to take complete control over the lives of its citizens. There will be no backing down.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by eradown]



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
anyways... so you are against socialized medicine.. tell me why without insulting me when you don't even know me...


Sure, I wrote a lot about it, so dont be put off that I"m referring you to hyperlinks

From Page 16

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
He wants access to all our health records. He wants access to our bank accounts.



Huge, giant, glaring...

Wrong!!!

Please stop spreading stupid information.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
I agree the ones with great and even free health care couldn't possibly understand us who have crappy health care, I have united health care insurance it is very expensive and. The problem is the Americans who are that selfish to not want socialized healthcare, the reasons I hear are "why should we pay for poor peoples healthcare out of our taxes." I personally belive it is this selfishness that is ruining America.


You're absolutely right on again !
Instead of helping our neighbors, people are now saying, "screw em" !

And those people forget that one day, they may need those neighbors



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974
 



Anyone that uses quotes and values of people living 230 yrs ago......(230!!!!)....as support for their opinions.....is a living breathing anachronism.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork

Originally posted by eradown
He wants access to all our health records. He wants access to our bank accounts.



Huge, giant, glaring...

Wrong!!!

Please stop spreading stupid information.


Yes, the government will have access to everyone's records and they will be able to deny care. They will garnish wages. The system proposed will be as compassionate as the IRS.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was over in Vegas a week or so ago and this health care business, along with MJ, dominated the news. To me as an outsider, it seemed that the health care insurance firms and the wealthy were trying to scare the ordinary working man into believing his tax would go through the roof. So much so that on many interviews even those on low incomes but who had health insurance due to their job, were turning on the newly unemployed and those who coudn't afford insurance. . .
What is that they say about divide and conquor? The American government have you all fighting amongst yourselves while they sit back and laugh.
In this country (UK) the NHS is not perfect but it works. Surely a country such as America should have a system in place so that all, not just the rich or the employed, can get treatment if they are unfortunate enough to get sick.



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork

Originally posted by eradown
He wants access to all our health records. He wants access to our bank accounts.



Huge, giant, glaring...

Wrong!!!

Please stop spreading stupid information.


Why is it that you people who are for this are the peolple most ignorant about what it contains?

H. R. 3200
DIVISION A--AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE CHOICES
TITLE I--PROTECTIONS AND STANDARDS FOR QUALIFIED HEALTH BENEFITS PLANS

Subtitle G--Early Investments
SEC. 163. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATION.

(a) Standardizing Electronic Administrative Transactions-CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

2
(1) IN GENERAL- Part C of title XI of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1320d et seq.) is amended by inserting after section 1173 the following new section:
‘SEC. 1173A. STANDARDIZE ELECTRONIC ADMINISTRATIVE TRANSACTIONS.

‘(a) Standards for Financial and Administrative Transactions-CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(1) IN GENERAL- The Secretary shall adopt and regularly update standards consistent with the goals described in paragraph (2).
2) GOALS FOR FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE TRANSACTIONS- The goals for standards under paragraph (1) are that such standards shall-
‘(D) enable the real-time (or near real-time) determination of an individual’s financial responsibility at the point of service and, to the extent possible, prior to service, including whether the individual is eligible for a specific service with a specific physician at a specific facility, which may include utilization of a machine-readable health plan beneficiary identification card



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork
reply to post by VinceP1974
 



Anyone that uses quotes and values of people living 230 yrs ago......(230!!!!)....as support for their opinions.....is a living breathing anachronism.


Like I told the other person... read your signature. LOL



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
I was over in Vegas a week or so ago and this health care business, along with MJ, dominated the news. To me as an outsider, it seemed that the health care insurance firms and the wealthy were trying to scare the ordinary working man into believing his tax would go through the roof. So much so that on many interviews even those on low incomes but who had health insurance due to their job, were turning on the newly unemployed and those who coudn't afford insurance. . .
What is that they say about divide and conquor? The American government have you all fighting amongst yourselves while they sit back and laugh.
In this country (UK) the NHS is not perfect but it works. Surely a country such as America should have a system in place so that all, not just the rich or the employed, can get treatment if they are unfortunate enough to get sick.


The Health Insurance companies are on board for this plan.

What is your next insight?



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974
 


Of course they're for it. When you are about to made obselete you either adapt or die, much like the poor in America. You cannot deny that the American news networks have acted disgracefully over this, scare mongering and even hunting through British Conservative MPs for someone to spout off about how bad our national health care is. . . Something which has badly damaged the Tory party.

If you don't know this perhaps it's time to invest in a television!!?



posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by VinceP1974
 


Of course they're for it. When you are about to made obselete you either adapt or die, much like the poor in America. You cannot deny that the American news networks have acted disgracefully over this, scare mongering and even hunting through British Conservative MPs for someone to spout off about how bad our national health care is. . . Something which has badly damaged the Tory party.

If you don't know this perhaps it's time to invest in a television!!?


are you on drugs.. you're going all over the place and then say stupid things like "if you dont know this". What is the basis for that?



new topics

top topics



 
68
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join