It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a clue America

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
At this pace the OP is going to be a prophet in a couple of days.

Sheesh.

I think after reading some of these posts the OP seems like is onto something. :shk:

Did any of you that are embarrassing the USA even read your own posts before hitting the send button?

Is the TV softening the American mind or what?

I cant seem to find too many reasonable people to even talk to anymore. Everyone is just nuts. Frickin frackin mad I tell you.

I've read about half of this and I'm starting to think the OP is on to something. Actually, I kinda' already thought he was......we gots some dumb mofos running around the red, white, and blue.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
We as Americans [...] The people in America who support this bill are only lazy and do not want to pay for healthcare.

Okay, we've established your American......and maybe not very bright. Further buttressing the OP's position.

Thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
To all the posters complaining about taking a pop at America. I'm from the UK and will regularly see posts from Americans commenting on issues going on here in the UK. Most comments are extremely uninformed and normally based on an article from The Daily Mail. I guess we all have an interest in the goings on in other countries.

Im always reading posts from American posters saying how the UK is going down the pan and taking a cheap shot like the Englandistan comment I read the other day.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
"How many sides does a triangle have?"

"There's no sides. One?"

Face it people. There's a LOT of REALLY dumb Americans out there.

I know this for a fact, because I encounter them every single day of my life.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

You mean like Norway which has a higher GDP then us, the second highest in the world?
And they manage to do that with three times the time off then Americans do.

The average American works 400 hours more then any other industrialized nation.

Not only do we work more, we get far less time off. The average American gets 12 days of a year, if your lucky.

The next lowest? France with 25.

In America, a woman can barely take maternity leave to bond with her child. A whole whopping 12 weeks. A lot of women barely even take that, because they need the money, or are afraid of losing their jobs. Most other nations get a year.

Who are the slaves now?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jayjayrocks
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Speaking of ignorance...

AMERICA IS A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC NOT A DEMOCRACY.

Do you even understand what that means??????

Definately time to rewrite the constitution as a democracy, since we are spreading democracy all over the place

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
I think it is funny you know who our president is. You really should not. Regardless of whither you love Obama or hate him, he won't help you at all. We in America prefer to mind our own bussiness or maybe we really are too big to ignore.

ha ha ha .... are you serious? the whole frigging WORLD knows who your president is. EVERYONE in the WORLD watches your damn elections. do you know why? Because america is THE superpower in thew orld. it spends more on its military than the next like five or ten countries (including russia ) spend on their military each year, COMBINED. it MAKES policies for the rest of the world and wars, via its foreign policy. when the us has a war, australia goes to help. the uk goes to help. so naturally, they know who your president is, since they may need to die on the account of a war your country has. (or rather, a war that the international bankers who run the world incl the usa, order your country to go to.)...and therefore order all the rest of us to take part in.

i wonder if you've investigated the globalization phenomena. the free trade agreements the us, uk, eup union and australia are making with disadvantaged countries are crippling and destroying poor countries. on behalf of the organizations that run america and the eup. union. haiti and the phillippines, and now india - ... haita and phillipin. were destroyed by globalization policies. IMF WORLD BANK encourage counries in africa too to take on huge debts they cant repay then take their land when they default. (internat. bankers are behind this). big corpns like monsanto come in and sell gmo seeds that dont work properly to these countries. their crops suffer; they may starve; they buy expensive chemical fertlizers from the companies to save their crops. in india, farmers committed suicide in thousands being forced off their land by big multi nat agribusiness and corpns like monsanto. now they have coke and maccas and soon, walmart. and chemical fertlizers. america is not the problem, its the coprorations and bankers who RUN THE WORLD nad who are based in the us and eup union, that are the problem. they are destroying the ordinary people in AMERICA too.

globalization is creating an underbelly of child prostitution and human/female sex trafficking and labour trafficking, becuz these people are too poor and need work/money so desperately they sell their kids or end up being trafficked when looking for work. becuz their country is so poor due to IMF loans etc.

in the phillipines, they hav eforced the local govts to sign agreements to import huge amounts of vegetables, chickens, pigs etc; which means the local economy is destroyed. big business oversees wins by getting iron clad govt promises to import their produce and the poor country pays for it. then there are the loans too.

the bankers who advise the us govt on foreign policy/ties to the cia - tell the govt when to have a war. then fund both sides of the war. they loan money to both sides - the war is to make money/interest on loans for them. after the war they loan more money to fix the country.

read jim marrs - rule by secrecy. and other books on these themes. its all true, sadly enough. there are anthropological research papers written about the globalization issues in haiti etc which i read at uni.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

People are through believing anything about this government. We're through.

Really, this is ALL anyone needs to see.

What is up with you people?
Does America just accept this as "political norm"?
And how the hell do you just accept it?

This shows that your political system is a joke, your leadership is there as a puppet to corporate greed, you have been screwed big time.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think the "constitutional republic" argument lost its flavor decades ago. What we need is an open constitutional convention (provided for in the Constitution) to sort out many of the ill-defined problems with specific language. There is a risk of having it turn into an EU style 18000 page instruction book, but I think the risk is small. I think in the end, most "progressives" would not be too happy with the majority input. I trust the majority to protect the basic rights of the minority without endowing them with "special rights" as has happened with creeping legislation. The outcome should be ABSOLUTE equality of opportunity, with outcome based on individual skills. No "special" categories for any group. In fact, there should be absolutely no legal recognition of any "group rights" whatsoever. Always keep in mind that the majority will prevails, and Canada is still accepting immigrants.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Ohhhh yes. I quite agree mate.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Because the US is the world's only "Hyper Power" anyone who has access to news follows what is happening here, as they should. While I completely disagree with the OP's thrust, I do agree that sooo many Americans are totally, completely ignorant of the world at large. They were raised in environments where the opinion was that we were so strong both militarily and economically that it really didn't matter what anyone else thought. This hasn't been the case for a number of years, but in the mind of the "Middle American" it still is. A concerted effort by an allied group of a handful of nations could bring the US to its knees economically. Of course it would hurt the other nations also, but some day they may decide the payoff is worth the effort. There is a large group of Americans who consider themselves "conservative" who really need to educate themselves regarding the state of the world in 2009, and not rely on their fathers' tales of how great great things were in the 1950s.
On the other hand, I'll say it again: the majority in the US have NO DESIRE to emulate Canada or Europe.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by VinceP1974

People are through believing anything about this government. We're through.

Really, this is ALL anyone needs to see.

What is up with you people?
Does America just accept this as "political norm"?
And how the hell do you just accept it?

This shows that your political system is a joke, your leadership is there as a puppet to corporate greed, you have been screwed big time.

Maybe its time for something new to happen. Hmm... I guess some people have a point.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

Great retort.

I was going to reply to that blatant attack on the truth but you beat me to the punch.

My addition:

Our system is no longer a capitalist society.
When regulations are enacted to destroy small business to institute large corporations, that is not capitalism.
Monopolies were once broken up in the past, now they are too big to fail, who instituted these illegal corporate takeovers? The government.

I once started a company, it was taken down by the government by a new employee which had not received a check yet. By our own laws I did not have to cover him with workers comp until he received $500 dollars. He was injured the first week. The state workers comp judge said that even though I was not legally required (and my workers comp said they would not cover him-the paperwork had not cleared yet) I was being held responsible for the bills. Another company down the drains. One other thing, the government takes 1/3 of all workers comp moneys and applies it to a uninsured workers fund for the exact purpose of these things. I guess they use these tax collections for other purposes than they were actually for. F*ck the businesses.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
what an ignorant statement op, do you know every american? i will assume not, being that i live in america and dont know very many myself. yet you can confidently group us all together as being ignorant. you sir show how smart you are with that generalization.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
In my opinion,
The US government couldn't run a successful Day Care let alone any sort of Nationalized Health system.

This may not be the correct thread to get into this conversation in, and if not please excuse me, but I respectfully disagree. The Federal Government is bulky and often times inefficient, but based on personal experience I found that it runs a tight ship at least with regards the military.

Really? I myself am not military, but I have friends who are. I had a conversation with one last night about this health care fiasco, and he says that he is worried about ANYTHING that the government runs, because they do such a poor job managing the military.

He speaks from experience, do you?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I find it insulting that this guy thinks he knows what every american thinks, without even living in the country. Maybe its the guy who needs to get a clue. The U.S. is comprised of many individuals with different beliefs. Regardless, the difference between how countries run themselves is what sets them apart. People talking bad about our president? Well thats called FREE SPEECH. Also, Americans are proud to be Americans, as am I. ZombieOctopus you apparently havent visited the U.S. because when it comes down to it the American people in general are very patriotic, I dont care what anyone says, its the truth. You don't have to like or agree with the president to be patriotic, Although I do believe he deserves to be treated with respect. We got stupid people in america and theres no short supply, but its the same thing everywhere, no exceptions. Also I, along with many Americans know that Canada, for example is not a fasict country, I dont know where youre getting your information, Zombie, but youre just looking at a small percentage that think otherwise. It seems to me that you think you know whats good for America but you haven't the slightest clue. You sir, have no part it Americas health care change or ideas, so get used to it. Maybe its the Americans getting sick of people in other countries telling us how we should run our government.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

A fellow newer member says;

Free government healthcare would be great.

Free, my God, where to begin.

I pay for SS, which I will never see at 15% of my income, is that free.
Some of course will say that your employer pays 1/2 of that 15%, my
response-STFU and learn economics, I would get it if my employer did
not have to pay it.
I pay for Medicare, that I will never see, at a 5.9% of my income.
I pay for the Federal Reserve Profits(all income taxes are given directly to these F*ckers-do some research) by a 22% rate of my income.
I pay a for State programs at a rate of 6% of my income.

Now lets look at the rate so far 15+5.9+22+6=48.9% for direct taxes

I pay for roads and such by an $.98/gal gas tax, and my roads suck.
I pay for something at a rate of 6% on all sales items.
I pay for thousands of different duties, dues, licenses, tariffs, water tax, air
tax, water runoff tax, tobacco tax, alcohol tax, property taxes, etc etc etc
I pay aN inflation tax to the Federal Reserve
I pay a credit tax to the Federal Reserve
-NOW THE CAPLOCK IS ON-

WE THE PEOPLE, IN THE US, PAY AN EFFECTIVE TAX RATE OF 87%
DID YOU HERE ME! 87% OF WHAT WE MAKE GOES TO THE GOVERNMENT

NOW HERE IS THE KICKER-YOU WORKED YOUR ENTIRE LIFE TO SAVE AND PROVIDE FOR YOUR FAMILY-WHERE DOES YOUR MONEY GO WHEN YOU DIE

TO THE GOVERNMENT

UNLESS OF COURSE YOU CAN PAY A LAWYER 10'S OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO SET UP A SHELTER OR TRUST

Edit because I posted the wrong link to a post.SORRY.

[edit on 8/18/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blender

You're god d*mn right I do!
Possibly your friend had a bad experience, or is bending his perception to match his political leanings, I have no way of knowing. If you wish to question my conclusions, I welcome the debate. But, if you wish to question the honesty of my service, well then you are beyond help and should probably not be involved in adult conversation. '
'

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Artephius Abraxas Helios]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
I think it is funny you know who our president is. You really should not. Regardless of whither you love Obama or hate him, he won't help you at all. We in America prefer to mind our own bussiness or maybe we really are too big to ignore.

Oh God...are you serious???

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

I don't care if you watch our elections. I don't care if you are interested in the foriegn policies of America. I think you have too much time on your hands if you are following our social policies. The people we elect do not weld the power. Most foreigners do not know this country well enough to know which groups and families are running things. You would need to look beyond the political parties. Obama is just a front. You are silly for expecting us to bow before all the nonsense the oligarchs are pushing on his watch. You are not informed enough about the oligarchs to understand why absolute government control of healthcare would lead to massive culling. Anyone drooling at the idea of culling American rednecks belongs in a special place for the criminally insane.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join