It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be an election in 2012 in the United States?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't think there will be. At least there won't be an election as we're used to it; that is, a Democrat running against a Republican.

I think these are the likely scenarios:

1) an Independent winning
2) the federal government is no longer seated, the US is no longer federally administered (possibly not even state-administered)

but really, I don't see Obama running against Palin (or any other GOP) in 2012. i just feel that's not going to be the case quite certainly for some reason.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
We heard the same fears during Bushco, and Bush was a much stronger president than Obama will ever be.

There will be elections. Not to worry.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
We heard the same fears during Bushco, and Bush was a much stronger president than Obama will ever be.

There will be elections. Not to worry.

It's more because of the state of the economy. Also, the truth, not only about the true stance of the Democratic Party, but about Cheney is coming out.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yes, there WILL be an election but don't worry yourself too much over it, it's already been decided who'll win.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I thought about this happening before, with an Independent or Third Party win.

But lets just say the system is really set up for Independent or Third Party winning anything. Most of them cant get on the ballots in certain states its just rough. They also have to start pushing against the Repubs and Dems soon to start to get a foothold and push

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Since the last three elections have been rigged (not to mention historical shenanagans along the same line by characters like Johnson and Rutherford B. Hayes), I don't think it matters that much anyore one way or the other.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8775e32a7795.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

i doubt they were rigged. i would just say the out come didnt really matter.

new topics

top topics

join