Why is Christianity so hated?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

You mention how it is practiced in other countries, can you give me some examples of the difference?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

That's a good point!
I never even thought of that. Although I don't know what "sky father" religions are, but a lot of religions do teach men they have to be strong, show no emotion, and such!

on sky father religions. well think of Zeus, Jupiter, Yahweh, and God. to me, they are all variants of the same, vengeful, patriarchal supreme being.

my theory is that they are all variants of the god of Atlantis, but that is a totally different subject.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
In my humble opinion, I believe Christianity is hated or dis-liked so much because of what the media puts out there. TV, Radio, Music, and News. Everything is based on a secular society. Anti-God, in a nutshell.

The main reason why it is hated:
We don't need a God, we can rely on ourselves
Why should I believe in something that holds me accountable for my actions?

No one wants to be held accountable for anything they've done in their lives. Thats the problem with modern Christianity.
ITS NOT A CRUTCH

The institutions have made it that way.

In my humble opinion, of course. But, then again, who says I'm right?

I will talk about this from my perspective, I haven't had my cup of coffee yet, so bear with me if it becomes incoherent...lol. Anyway, In my beleif I do not need to go through any living man, now or from the past to be accepted by My God, I don't need confession, and people are responsible for their actions and will reincarnate until they reach the Godhead(Perfection or enlightenment) whatever you want to call it, I don't beleive any real, loving God would make ANY of his children suffer in A lake of fire, because he loves us all, and he knows we're imperfect and need to learn from our mistakes, and He gives us many chances. This is the reason I do not choose christianity as my religion. Simply put, I don't beleive in nothing the christian religion has to offer, not necassarily just telling me how I should live my life, because As far As I am concerned, God will love me because I have been loving towards people and have not lived to wrong anybody, I have lived a good life. So what does it matter if you accept JC and then murder someone? Does that mean you still go to heaven? Or if you don't accept JC And you're the nicest, most sympathetic and helpful person on the planet? Does that mean you go to hell? No, I don't beleive that. JMO.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

That's a good point!
I never even thought of that. Although I don't know what "sky father" religions are, but a lot of religions do teach men they have to be strong, show no emotion, and such!

on sky father religions. well think of Zeus, Jupiter, Yahweh, and God. to me, they are all variants of the same, vengeful, patriarchal supreme being.

my theory is that they are all variants of the god of Atlantis, but that is a totally different subject.

Oh yeah, gotcha...thanks for responding. True I don't beleive God is vengeful, or merciless, those are human traits. God would have no human traits as he never was human, and is perfecton.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

That's a good point!

Oh yeah, gotcha...thanks for responding. True I don't beleive God is vengeful, or merciless, those are human traits. God would have no human traits as he never was human, and is perfecton.

Totally agree.

I do believe in a Creator, but I don't think God is the Yahweh that Christians, Jews and Muslims worship. I do however believe that Jesus is a direct vessel to the Creator in some fashion, and is thus truly the "son of God". Does that make me a Christian?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

If you really think paganism isn't hated, you obviously are not a pagan. There's a very very good reason most pagans are 'in the closet.'

IT wasn't that long ago that friends of ours came home to find bible pages taped all over their house, with one with SUFFER NOT A WITCH TO LIVE cirlced and hung face level on their front door.

The police won't even investigate such as that as a hate crime - seems only OTHER religions seem to qualify for that.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I don't know, I don't think it necassarily makes you a christian. Even I beleive he had a direct line to God, was an enlightened individual, but I do beleive his words got twisted in the biblical account. Maybe he was the son of God, but those are old myths also, that were taken from the Zeus type mythos and such. But hey, anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

you said:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". That says if you dont believe in Jesus then you go to Hell.

----
I tell you this is not true,

Jesus said, one with the father, the father is everything,
everything is truth, the father is truth or he isn't there

so jesus said:
believe in me, the truth,
nobody as human can see god (truth) and live,
because you would become one with god
because there is only god.

Truth is salvation,
before truth there is only honesty
based on faith, which is choice

Jesus invited us to be skeptical.
That is salvation, because honesty will
give you pain, cross, and because of this
enlarge your heart, to make you understand your pain,
and understanding is forgiveness, because you see (partly)
that it was right,
and when you forgive god, you forgive yourself,
because he is one.

that is the gospel
love

I come in my fathers name
My father is One
and you do not receive me,
but if another comes in his own name,
divided, against one,
him you will receive.

jonathan.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I am very sorry that happened to your friend.
I did hear a very interesting sermon yesterday about the difference between modern days version of witchcraft and the form of witchcraft that the bible is talking about. The word witchcraft in the bible means rebellion, not the form of witchcraft we think of today.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
True Christianity is not seen very often. It involves accepting the Son of God as savior, and following his teachings. (I know there are many out there who don't think they need saving.) What we see practiced as Christianity is primarily from the teachings of the Apostle Paul.
Paul was a rabbi, and extremely fanatical. He was present at the stoning of Stephen, who became the first Christian Martyr. Paul was converted on the road to Damascus, in what sounds strangely like an epileptic seizure. The only problem I have with that is that he was blind afterward. Did he have an encounter with the risen Christ, or was it hysterical blindness?

Paul was as fanatical a Christian as he was a rabbi, and many of his views are extremely harsh and based on Judaic law.

However, The Christ gave us the law. The Pharisees came to Jesus and ask him "what is the greatest commandment?"

Jesus responded, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and the greatest commandment. And the second is like it. Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:37-40 (NIV).

The Christians that seem to be hated are the ones who have forgotten this. They can talk the talk, but they can't walk the walk.

Do you visit the sick, do you comfort the afflicted, do you help the downtrodden? Do you do it with true love and compassion? Do you know anyone like that? That is a true Christian. Yet you will often see them reviled and hated, simply because a certain light shines from them, and it makes others realize their shortcomings.

In short, true Christians live by example, rather than words.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Yes, but it is mostly the christians that will show this kind of hatred towards paganism, I know, I am a Pagan myself, I always have the fear of somebody running up to me and spewing words like"repent now, or you will burn in H****" you know? But I don't think we have it as bad as the christians when it comes to some form of hatred, because well, we are more or less underground. But I wear my pentacles all over and have been asked and people will be like"that's cool" or whatever, most aren't really showing us hatred anymore, That is my experience, but then again it's very diverse where I live. I think more people are realizing that we don't really sacrifice babies and kittens and are more educated on what it really is now a days. And we have a lot of Eastern folk here, too, so that may be the reason. I don't know, but I'd hate to live in your friends neighborhood that's for sure. I think it depends where you live, how much hatred is geared towards pagans. But it's true that you will see a lot of intolerance for christians in a lot of areas, I myself used to cringe at some of the things my christian friend would spout, I never let it blossom to hate, though, because I said to myself"Now if I do that I'd be no better than they are," and I want to improve myself not degrade myself.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

Excellent!

And what is hell? Being separated from our creator. So you are basically already in hell before you make that choice. dying without having made that choice just makes it eternal.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and the greatest commandment. And the second is like it. Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:37-40 (NIV).

Do you love satan ?
then you do not love god yet

god is one, everything.
Jesus understood evil, he had peace with it,
do we ?
no, because we first have to see hate,
and lies.

Truth is always there, we unveil it in this reality,
but you can not see God and live as human.
you will become an angel.
More normal then most humans, because
you will know what love is
God always forgives you, it is you that does not want to forgive god.
Hate is not a bad thing, abusing hate is = ignorance.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hell doesnt exsist
because God is one

In god there is no hell,
except by choice
ignorance of the hell for others, the hell perspective we live in

So declining to be one
is declining to be god
then you end up with nothing
because he is One (= everything)
and you really die

So what is hell ?
yes, this place, where you are still divided.

Because space and time are parts too
they stay forever in god
even when he forgot them
and cancels them out

thats why fire is eternal
but you when you choose against
are done
past this life

there is no hell
because god is one
and will never hurt himself
when it is not functionally
it would means he is not free,
because he would do something
against his will.

hell is a lie of religion.
they are still not reading original texts,
the least they can do in this age,
and are not using logic
to proof their theories.

Hell is a spirit
that can not survive
the test jesus asked us to do
test every spirit if it is from god
and god is one,
is hell a spirit that takes away from one ?

scepticism is from god.
you do not ask a child to understand life,
you ask a child to grow,
god loves the lost sheep, the innocent,
who see and grow, and make mistakes.

You dont have to believe in god
to care, and care is based on what you do not see,
and care, when it answers you, justifies, forgives,
it is god himself doing it,
because he is one.

God is always with you,
even when you do not see him yet.

Its time to forget his bad name and divided names,
Jesus was one no ? so forget about J E S U S as letters,
and give him his real name,
One, All, Life, Truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Because CHRIST didnt name it that THOSE WHO KILLED HIM DID..........

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

Very interesting concept. I like your ideas.

Seems as though you are onto something. Very equal statements.

Starred.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
malachi promised this.

i talk as a child,
bad language.
So people can skip.
Honor wants difficult concepts.

but oneness is simple.

time came
angels will become now,
the moon,
because they will see god
truth
and die,
their lies
to live.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.break.com...

Religion breeds hatred in wether it is on the surface or not. Not to everyone mind you but a lot.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
haha, the girls are so funny.

Look, you can't expect everybody to be on the same level,
everyone has his function,
we share our fight. There is stupid because there is smart.
God is both stupid as smart, because he likes to be whatever he wants,
because of this oneness is divided as one,
but when divided is stil oneness
before it is one, it is a lie, ignorance.

in other words, to understand you have to get lost,
then you can retract that wrong, turn it good.

God is maybe free, but to enjoy his freedom he has to enslave himself,
to enslave himself freely, he has to know what is not being free,
that is the paradox of our reality, to build logic
that deprooves logic, so he can be free

lucifer is logic that thinks god needs him,
but freedom is his logic.
so lucifer is the lie side of logic.

they are kids, by filming it, they show interest,
even when they react 'stupid', they are learning

and thats why people can be stupid and best in love
righteousness has nothing to do with absolutes
before you are absolute.

Hate was needed, as children we will understand
we needed the pain to make our dreams come true.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i]reply to post by born-indigo

Ok those two girls are really sounding ignorant and pretty unintelligent as they don't even know simple geography. This is scary.

Here's the better copy.

[

[edit on 17-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum