Why is Christianity so hated?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xtiml

Please tell us that you're an immigrant or refugee and not actually born in this country.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well, xtiml, its plain to see that you avoided the perils you perceive in a university education. Good for you!
Good for us too, since you are extremely unlikely to ever develope the rhetorical skill to hide the obvious discrepancies inherent in claiming not to be an anti-semite & then saying you are "sick of the stink" of Jews.
What stink is this you speak of btw? Perhaps you could describe it for us qualitatively? In times such as these, a damn good laugh, from whatever source, is not to be overlooked

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
xtml,

now try to get your anger back on path in growth...

you have points but you generalise, and then you
can not see the clear end... the end is that all religions can be misabused,
and they will be misabused, all of them, not only judaism.

look, many people who do wrong in their thoughts,
will regret it, it's actually what you are doing now,
that's human, it's hate for something you see as stupid...
but you can do it from a care point of view,
or you can be ingorant, leaving doubts, and then
resulting in statements as the one you attacked...

this is why we have conflicts...we all hate, and hate drives us
to minimalise the others, when they are alseo self-justified in their minds...
everyone does everything from his own justification as
a good person...even when it sounds bad...
did you meet many people who say they are bad ??
it's the ones who say they are bad, that become the good ones.

leave ur mind over to doubt, and truth will refine itself so much,
but you can't do that, if you judge to hard and leave the state of doubts.
until full truth doubts is the saviour.
(test every spirit)

take care.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
and i would be care full with using the term 'anti semitism'
it's been abused for political issues way to long...

a child does wrong stuff too , to balnce out right,
as long persons get understanding (love) they
do no stop evolving.

whatever the reaction they will give you,
they will know somewhere you respect them,
and that brings love in their hearts.

try to understand monsters, and they'll start to trust you,
and change.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xtiml
carolyn lweis wrote a poem" would you like to see a jew in a stew?boiled or baked even on the take? "Would you like to stew a jew in a pew? a kneeling hard catholic pew? that would put the jew in a stew"a stew of stewed jew.substitute goy and you have their recipe for purim, passover and yom kipper the one they borrowed from the chinese even kept the name of it" Yom Kipper" is a chinese holiday they borrowed and brought it back as their own, "yom kipper" !! based on the miracle of the chinese herring fleet.

Tell me about Yom Kipper.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
if truth is one, and is free,

it is perfectly capable to make a paradox, reality,
that fits in all directions,

in human perspective time is going forward,
in gods perspective it is a thing,
it is an integrated whole

it's not because time allow evolution,
that that evolution is real.

truth is allready free.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Christianity is so hated because they constantly try to convert everyone and anyone who is not following their religion whether or not they follow a different religion or having no religion. Today is better than when the religion first formed and they were doing the Crusades, Salem Witch Trials, and countless other torture and forced conversions.

On top of that because of Christianity and other monotheistic religions creating more wars than any other form of religion or no religion.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
everone tries to convert everyone,
it's not bad,
if it based on care its even good.

if you convert, you have to let the chance open, the other converts you.
then it is okay.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xtiml
Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."

— Menachem Begin - Israeli Prime Minister 1977–1983

I am not lying or an anti semite

At the very least, you're a guy who gets his information from antisemitic hate sites and spews it back.

Begin never said that or anything close.

begincenterdiary.blogspot.com...

Mr. Begin never said those words and there is no factual basis for that quote. When we searched for the quote, we found that it looped back to the same text by Texe Marrs, who does not say that he is quoting Begin.

Further research at this site showed that the quote was attributed to "Amnon Kapeliouk's article "Begin and the Beasts" (New Statesman, June 25, 1982) which was infamous for having misrepresented some remarks Menachem Begin said in a speech to the Knesset, and there are legitimate sources all over the net that make reference to that incident.

However, the misrepresented quote is not the one cited ("Our race is the Master Race", etc.) [...] Clearly, someone invented the "Master Race" quote and then tacked on Amnon Kapeliouk as the source

Mike

[edit on 6-9-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
John 15:18 8 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you;

The world Loves their sin and we oppose their sin. we are a light in this world for those that sit in darkness. Those that sit in darkness want to continue in it so we are persecuted and hated for it because we oppose their sin and call them to repent and turn to God. Another reason people don't like christians is because of hypocrisy in the church. Keep in mind just because someone is a hypocrite doesn't change the truth, truth will always be truth no matter what but being a hypocrite doesn't help relay that truth to unbelievers it actually causes people to rebuke the gospel because of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

While I think it's great that you have some good insight on a number of topics that I follow, I'm going to have to ask you to quit writing your responses in the form of poems.

I cannot keep up and I really want to be able to understand everything you say.

And no...I'm not kidding. Quit it.

Again...not joking.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarov
Christianity is so hated because they constantly try to convert everyone and anyone who is not following their religion whether or not they follow a different religion or having no religion. Today is better than when the religion first formed and they were doing the Crusades, Salem Witch Trials, and countless other torture and forced conversions.

On top of that because of Christianity and other monotheistic religions creating more wars than any other form of religion or no religion.

Important to understand that today Islam is using behavior from the days of the Crusades. In 57 OIC countries people are beheaded, stoned and murdered in the name of religion.
Christianity moved past that hundreds of years ago.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't think it's so much Christianity as it is the Christian Church. All church's are institutions. Institutions are organizations. Anytime you try to organize something, it turns into seeking approval. People are trying to seek approval from God. When in reality, there's nothing we could do more or less to get Jesus' love. He loves regardless. No matter if you sin, how you look, your race, sexual orientation, Jesus loves all infinately.

People think if they go to church, be seen, and do the right things that God will grant their magic wishes. In truth, if you are living in Jesus' love then you will be content no matter how good or bad life gets.

Today, the church has been turned into a bunch of fear mongering crusaders who think they know God's mind better than God does. They try to scare our guilt trip others into believing and use the excuse that they really care about you.

Ever heard someone ask, "You don't want to go to Hell do you?" Of course so. They are trying to get to you for their own personal satisfaction of believing they've led you to God. Now, have you ever heard anyone say, "Did you know that there is someone who loves you more than you could imagine, and will continue to love you unconditionally no matter how bad you screw up? Did you know that he can fill your heart with love for yourself and others and give you joy in life no matter what problems may arise?" Or anyone show you just how filled with Christ love they are, either from compassion or joy? You might have, but probably very few people.

People believe they have to seek God's approval so they continuously are out trying to use cheap tricks into converting people. The larger the church grows, the less it's about Jesus and more about man. Pastors today primarily focus on why you should be at church, donating time, money, etc. to the church, or the right way to live your life. How many people are out their who would love to get paid to tell others to live their life? Isn't it any wonder why there are all different types of denominations out there that have different views. In reality, all you need is the love that Jesus had for EVERYONE.

Sorry this has been so long, but until both Christians and Non-Christians wake up and see what is going on. Some will continue to give all others a bad name and people will keep believing that Christianity is as how the media portray it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I don't hate Christianity or any religion for that matter. Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want. In my experience in the south, the hypocrisy of many (not all) Christians is becoming unbearable. I see this daily. Many SPEAK of a set of moral values but ACT as if said values don't apply to them. None of the Muslims I've met have ever tried to convert me or judge me based on my own beliefs. Too many Christians speak of tolerance but demonstrate the exact opposite. It's not Christianity that people have a problem with....it's the attitude, closed mindedness and judgemental demeanor that a lot of it's defenders portray.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I am not against Christianity, I'm against the constant dictatorial meddling of the Christian faith in the lives of millions of others.

All people are equal, but the Christian faith seems to class those who believe in their God as superior to all others. The same can be said of every organized religion, but Islam and Judaism do not try to dictate to me how I should live my life, what rights I should have, how I should raise my kids, what I should think and feel, how kids should be educated, who has the right to end their pregnancy, whether I have the right to die with dignity...
The list is almost endless.

People can believe whatever they want to believe. I really don't care.
But when people start to tell me how I should live my life when it has absolutely no bearing on their existence, I have a serious problem with it.

If Christians leave me alone and stop trying to force their opinions on me and my life through their influence over government, we'll all live happily ever after. Unfortunately, many Christians (and those of other faiths too) seem to have the impression that their arrogance and sense of superiority grants them the ability to be little dictators to the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Why is Christianity so hated?

Well first of all Christians are not actually just Christians, and their bible is not just about Christ. The correct term is Judeo-Christian as the bible is divided into the old and new testaments. But more so it applies to the dominant religious characteristic of the United States.

But what does "Judeo-Christian" mean? We need to know. Along with the belief in liberty — as opposed to, for example, the European belief in equality, the Muslim belief in theocracy, and the Eastern belief in social conformity — Judeo-Christian values are what distinguish America from all other countries. That is why American coins feature these two messages: "In G-d we trust" and "Liberty.

First, Judeo-Christian America has differed from Christian countries in Europe in at least two important ways. One is that the Christians who founded America saw themselves as heirs to the Hebrew Bible, as much as to theirs. And even more importantly, they strongly identified with the Jews. For example, Thomas Jefferson wanted the design of the seal of the United States to depict the Jews leaving Egypt. Just as the Hebrews left Egypt and its values, Americans left Europe and its values.

www.jewishworldreview.com...

I have often asked Christians why is it that the old testament which documents the history of the Jews is bound to the new testament when Jewish texts declare that Jesus is being punished in hell, immersed in an eternal vat of boiling excrement.

Most Christians are unaware of such a text and also for some reason don't seem to be able to assess the implications.

Which other religion has its Holy texts joined to the texts of another group who is inimical to the very foundation of their belief. That is, that Christ has transcended the limitations of the flesh and further, is the representative of the supreme God-head: The way, the truth and the life.

How many people have had the experience of having what they thought was a close friend who secretly undermined their interests behind their backs, but was the picture of friendliness and innocence to their faces?

Brothers have even treated their brothers thus and sisters have too. In fact this is the very substance of the mythology of Cain and Abel and even Lucifer and God.

When the United States declares that Israel's enemies are It's enemies, this is an expression of the bonds of Judeo-Christianity, and a bond which many American Christian evangelists preach to their congregations as being sacred.

The main reason people levy against Christianity as to why they are repelled against it, is that they say it is a hypocritical cult.

A hypocrite is someone who is divided against himself. Jesus Christ says somewhere that a house divided against itself will surely fall.

Christians say that it is written that the Jews will one day accept Christ and that He is patient in this regard. They admit that the Jews are the chosen people, although prodigal sons who are on their way back from Hollywood to the farm.

And the Jesus immersed in boiling excrement in hell bit?

Just boyish license, tongue in cheek exuberance, nothing more.

because "A boy's will is the wind's will, And the thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts."

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Here you go OP this could partly explain why Christianity gets a lot of hatred.

********Warning some language may be offensive*************

If you ignore everything Jesus commanded you to do, you're not a Christian, you're just auditing.

edit on 12/17/1111 by GR1ill3d because: Warning notice.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

If you ignore everything Jesus commanded you to do, you're not a Christian, you're just auditing.

Yesiree. We have illustration, and so soon.

Bill Maher - a Jew. Elucidating on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Observe - is he displaying that compassionate eye of understanding that would accompany an interest in the teachings of Jesus? Hey, not at all. His face glows with the mask of the judge, the joker, the cynic, the duplicitous manipulator playing up to the cued laughter.

The United States sends its brightest and best sons into wars in the Islamic world to smite the enemies who threaten to gang up on her big little brother, continue to send the pocket money, (even when in dire economic strife herself) and what thanks?

Hahaha. Christians are pathetic hypocrites he says, twisting the knife. Lousy Christian schmucks!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The answer is so easy, if you live in a society with more than 90% of christians of every denomination, why would one attack other religion? :S

What would i do talking against buddhism in a country with not buddhist? mmmm?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Rule

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

Yesiree. We have illustration, and so soon.

Bill Maher - a Jew. Elucidating on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Observe - is he displaying that compassionate eye of understanding that would accompany an interest in the teachings of Jesus? Hey, not at all. His face glows with the mask of the judge, the joker, the cynic, the duplicitous manipulator playing up to the cued laughter.

The United States sends its brightest and best sons into wars in the Islamic world to smite the enemies who threaten to gang up on her big little brother, continue to send the pocket money, (even when in dire economic strife herself) and what thanks?

Hahaha. Christians are pathetic hypocrites he says, twisting the knife. Lousy Christian schmucks!

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here, as most people who can speak English, don't spout it in verses.

He is pointing out the hypocrisies of people who claim they are "Christians". He is not trying to judge anyone. He is only showing the hypocrisy in some people who claim they follow the teachings of Jesus.

Gandhi said it best "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ"

new topics
top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join