It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Tickets 10-Year-Old For Having a Lemonade Stand

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Give me a double shot of that lemonade little girl and while you are at it, get me your mom's phone number!

I'll have mine with Ted in his Limo, he knows where all the Hot Chicks are...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

I'll have mine with Ted in his Limo, he knows where all the Hot Chicks are...

Yeah, they're at the bottom of Chappaquiddick Bay.

(Yeah, that was a cheap shot.... true, but a cheap shot.)

TheRedneck
Edit to add: I do love that background. I just wish I could look at it more without going blind

[edit on 8/17/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
omg!!! what douchebags!!!! haha i cant believe that, "lets ticket this 10 year old because we arent getting a cut of the LEMONADE profits....so we'll throw the old "wheres your permit" bit at them"!!!....some people need a life seriously!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
reply to post by Oatmeal

I don't believe that half of the regulations laws like seatbelt laws and helmet laws are truly to keep us safe, but to take our money when we don't behave like a trained elephant should respond.

Actually, it is the other way around. The laws significantly save muicipalities a lot of money.

The average accident involving and amdublance will run a local governmetn 50k when all is said adn done.

Sealtbelts do significantly drop the number of lethal and injuries. Saving a lot of money.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
reply to post by wayno

I would like to see a trend start where governments everywhere appoint a commission or something to sit down and revue all the laws and regulations, decide what makes sense and throw the rest out.

Oh No! Not another Government Commission! How about a Czar of Common Sense? This is Government your dealing with, they only know how to spend our money. The Government is what needs to be thrown out!

A czar of common sense!

Obama are you listening?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If these cops were human and not pigs, they would have told parent they could not legally sell with out permit, now here's address to get pemit, Have a Great Day.

Wasn't it in NY where they were letting vendors sell with out liscence, and I think they were illegals to boot.

This when Superman or Batman should have come and stuck that ticket where the sun don't shine.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Yeah, that was a cheap shot.... true, but a cheap shot.

Yeah, But Ted likes cheap shots!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
If these cops were human and not pigs, they would have told parent they could not legally sell with out permit, now here's address to get pemit, Have a Great Day.

Wasn't it in NY where they were letting vendors sell with out liscence, and I think they were illegals to boot.

They were not cops, they were Park Enforcement Officers. They are Peace Officers. Their only function is to write summonses and generate revenue for the city.

NYC does NOT allow anyone to sell anything anywhere on the streets without a permit, with the exception of printed reading material.

Many years ago (1980's) street vendors were out on the street selling without permits and it was out of control. You couldn't walk 5 feet without tripping over someone hawking crap on the sidewalks. The permit system was put in place to regulate where the vendors can set up and keep some sort of control on things.

The summons in this case was issued to the father, not the 10 yesar old girl.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

More important, did you notice the image that accompanied the article, and the tag line beneath it? A bit much for a news site, no?

Not sure what this says about me but that was the first thing I noticed when the site popped up.

Why would they have used that picture. Hopefully they didn't know what it meant but I bet they did.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Citizens should respond kindly to park officials of this nature and place images with a summary of their activities on a website for everyone's perusal.

Title it with something like:

Peace Officer Dork busts 10 yr Old Girl Selling Lemonade

Little Girl "I just thought people would want a cold drink on a hot day."
Officer Dork "Not on my watch."

If elected/assigned/appointed officials make incredibly bad decisions they should be forced to deal with the repercussions. One can only shake their head at such tomfoolery.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

Here are some other cases as well:

fresnobeehive.com...

second source:

www.redorbit.com...

Again, if the city wants to make money, they should sell girl scout cookies on the side of the road instead of stealing our money (our property) via traffic tickets, lack of permits and licenses, etc. If the traffic system is unsafe and inefficient, then invent new systems of travel so there do not have to be petty traffic fines.

We have gotten to a point where the "elite" think us "animals" are unintelligible, assuming we do not know what is best for us as humans, thus losing our right to choose without penalty (fine). If I choose NOT to wear a bike helmet or a car seat belt, that is my choice as a damn human being!

All of this is connected to education and the lack of critical thinking, that of which is another story.

anyway. ttyl

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well done , you friendless jobsworths, like traffic wardens over here in the UK, it seems that COMMON SENSE and COMMUNITY SPIRIT has now died and has been surpassed by the need to either make a bit of commision or to score brownie points in the bosses eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join